Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 22 vs. Brisbane - Gabba, Sat 14/08 @ 7:25pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The baby might miss the appointment and stay inside a bit longer.
Also, maybe Howe wants to stick around with baby instead of playing in a meaningless game in Brisbane.
I was assuming in my comment that she gave birth today.

I don't like the idea of any game being seen as meaningless by our players.

Lmao was he really? Jesus

He’s one of our most durable players …

… looks like he’s only missed 11 games since he was drafted 2.5 years ago

I feel a hiding coming. I was already feeling rather down about this clash and that was before Howe and Quaynor were missing. Murphy? Where does he play? What does he bring? I just don't get it. Where is his future? I see dead ends everywhere I look. Mid-paced to slow, average disposal, goes to ground a lot attempting to mark and then he is out of the contest. Tries hard.

Have to figure it's just about the last roll of the dice for young Murph... quirky selection, two pacy back men out but no like for like replacement... With the travel arrangements as they are it'll be a test for the boys...

ADAB5F26-67BC-48DC-A13E-1D0083B39DBB.jpeg

So is it taboo now to just call it what it is (with Howe)? It’s public knowledge that his wife and him are expecting the birth of a child. Rather than being “managed.”

Surprise to see all the Noble hate. Granted, he is very vanilla, and isn’t in our best 22 when competing for a flag, but he does his job right now, and deserves to be in the 22, particularly this week. I can think of a couple of others who should be making way ahead of him.

Averaging almost 20 touches @ 80% isn't deplorable in a side that stinks at hitting targets.

Surprise to see all the Noble hate. Granted, he is very vanilla, and isn’t in our best 22 when competing for a flag, but he does his job right now, and deserves to be in the 22, particularly this week. I can think of a couple of others who should be making way ahead of him.

Averaging almost 20 touches @ 80% isn't deplorable in a side that stinks at hitting targets.

He was pretty poor last week. Fumbled more than anyone.

I was assuming in my comment that she gave birth today.

I don't like the idea of any game being seen as meaningless by our players.
Really? This season is about as meaningless as it gets, particularly for a veteran like Howe.
Time with baby is a long way in front.

View attachment 1204072

So is it taboo now to just call it what it is (with Howe)? It’s public knowledge that his wife and him are expecting the birth of a child. Rather than being “managed.”
Agreed. Should’ve been out: Howe (procreation)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was pretty poor last week. Fumbled more than anyone.
Stiff getting dropped after 1 week though. I’m not disappointed he’s been dropped, but would’ve thought after the last two years of Thomas being a deer in headlights whenever an opposition was within 5 metres of him, he’d be getting dropped before Noble.

EDIT: Granted Thomas had a purple patch of late, last weekend he went back to being shit again. Played further up the ground than Noble and had the same amount of score involvements. (4)

I think this best describes people’s reactions to this weekend’s selections.

View attachment 1204056

I guess this is what really happened …

Out: Howe, replaced by Mayne who is being moved back

Mayne’s role on the wing replaced by In: Daicos

Out: Quaynor, replaced by Ruscoe who is being moved back to the last line.

Ruscoe’s CHB rotation replaced by in: Murphy.

That basically means Bianco is in for Noble.

Wouldn’t have thought too many folks would complain about that selection strategy when explained that way?

Wouldn’t have thought too many folks would complain about that selection strategy when explained that way?
I wanted Cox as an inside midfielder 😡

Surprise to see all the Noble hate. Granted, he is very vanilla, …

What does ‘vanilla’ mean in the context of a footballer?

I always took it to mean a player that played safe, didn’t take risks, didn’t cause any surprises?

That doesn’t seem to describe Noble’s game at all? He often plays on, takes the game on, and changes the angles.

if he added more value like real line breaking, run and carry, penetration etc I’d say yes great.

However for a small flanker he plays nowhere near it.

Let’s not even start with the shitting himself scenarios ...that’s bordering on embarrassing

Get on the Pies at $6.70

Brisbane aren't that good and this is the type of backs against the wall road trip where we get up.
Can you just give your money to me? I’ll invest it in a six pack of IPAs, at least then one of us will be happy.

Seriously though, we will lose this by ten goals plus, and next week too. The cue is in the rack.

Harvey and co will be yesterday’s men very soon. Hopefully Korda too.

They can all bugger off.

What's Howe thinking prioritising his wife and their new born baby over a football game for a bottom four side played in another state?

Yep had the argument with my daughter

Said to her playing for Collingwood is more important than a kid

all I got back from her was "nope"

weak as piss response if you ask me

What does ‘vanilla’ mean in the context of a footballer?

I always took it to mean a player that played safe, didn’t take risks, didn’t cause any surprises?

That doesn’t seem to describe Noble’s game at all? He often plays on, takes the game on, and changes the angles.
Trouble is he goes for obtuse angles when he should be trying for acute.

I see Murphy being a wingman in my team but that’s just me. Definitely not a tallish forward or back but definitely a link player with the height to be a target in transition and enough Skill to work up and down the ground.

The problem with this is Howe and Mayne aren’t like for like - nowhere near it.

Ruscoe’s best qualities being back in the side is the offensive side of his game and moving the ball from the defensive half to the F50 - it’s really his only desirable trait as he hasn’t shown he can play a lockdown defensive role deep like IQ, or even Noble to a lesser extent.

The only logical in to cancel out Howe is Murphy and can see him playing on the 3rd tall for the Lions, but he won’t play that role anywhere nearly as well as Howe.

Lastly, Bianco for Noble doesn’t make sense in itself. We’re stacked with forwards and high HFs by the looks of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back