Preview Changes/Preview – Round 13 vs. Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I usually try and guess what WILL happen, but I'm rolling with what I would do this week...

OUT: Hunter (inj), McAdam, Turner, Petty, Chandler

IN: Howes, Sestan, Tholstrup, AMW, JVR

TMac to stay forward, can do some backup ruck with JVR. Howes and AMW to try and make our backline more mobile again, they were horribly slow today. McAdam and Chandler giving us nothing, let's try the kids.

Also...

OUT: Bullshit middle of the road 2024 game plan.
IN: Just roll with the clearance/inside 50 style from the last few years. At least our players won't be confused.

I usually try and guess what WILL happen, but I'm rolling with what I would do this week...

TMac to stay forward, can do some backup ruck with JVR. Howes and AMW to try and make our backline more mobile again, they were horribly slow today. McAdam and Chandler giving us nothing, let's try the kids.

Also...

IN: Just roll with the clearance/inside 50 style from the last few years. At least our players won't be confused.

I'm not sure if we can just revert back to the 21-23 style, it isn't like the midfield doesn't want to win clearances and ground ball this year.

I'm not sure if we can just revert back to the 21-23 style, it isn't like the midfield doesn't want to win clearances and ground ball this year.

We've been bad at ground balls for years.

The clearance stuff is pretty clearly part of the current game style. You don't have the massive change we have had without it being a coaching directive.

We've been bad at ground balls for years.

The clearance stuff is pretty clearly part of the current game style. You don't have the massive change we have had without it being a coaching directive.
I'd say the best clearance player in our club's history turning into a VFL-level plodder has something to do with that

I'd say the best clearance player in our club's history turning into a VFL-level plodder has something to do with that

I don't think one player is responsible for us going from 4th to 11th for clearance differential. And that's before today's stats are added into the mix.

He's our number 2 clearance winner, behind Gawn, this year. So he's dropped 1 spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contested ball is ground ball right?

Might be to you perhaps, I get different people use different terms, but I personally go more with the statistical interpretation of the difference between say a 'contested possession' and a 'ground ball get'.

unfortunately our vfl team is also crap so there’s not a lot of changes that are apparent

Also...

Dropping Petty is a big call!

I don't know if we got anyone that can cover his two touches in 71% TOG

Also...

This dude complete bias to bring in Sestan each and every week is mind blowing.

Bar one game where he's kicked 4 at Casey he's done absolutely nothing in between.

Like me saying let's bring in Schache for the sake because Petty sucks ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back