Preview Changes & Preview Round 18 - SUNS vs Ports @ PFS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane Cornes premiership medal out, Jarrad Poulton premiership medal in.
Stuey Cochrane and Brett Ebert were probably the most stiff to miss out on the 2004 premiership.

Nevertheless, you want want a 300 game player, 4 time best and fairest winner, and 2 time All Australian removed from the premiership team, which he was in the top 4 players on the ground on GF day for Jared Poulton?

Stuey Cochrane and Brett Ebert were probably the most stiff to miss out on the 2004 premiership.

Nevertheless, you want want a 300 game player, 4 time best and fairest winner, and 2 time All Australian removed from the premiership team, which he was in the top 4 players on the ground on GF day for Jared Poulton?

Yes

To this day I have always said that when selecting the last spot for the GF team the selectors got it down to two players - Schofield and Brett Ebert. To me it was the wrong decision to go for Schofield over Brett as finalising the 22nd spot would not have made any difference to the final result. Schofield showed his true colours in 2005 when he returned to Perth after leading Port a merry dance - will he or won’t he? His stuffing us around cost us a good chance to get an old Magpie boy in Scott Thompson who returned to Adelaide from Melbourne.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered. Is there a pre game function/ meet up? Me and Mr PL are heading up to the Gold Coast for some r & r.
There is a meet up at the Emerald Lakes Golf Club at 11, it’s across the road from the stadium. Not sure if there will be many there as it’s such an early game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It absolutely baffles me how supporters hate Kane so much for literally doing what he is paid to do. And his ability to continually get under people's skins just shows that he is doing his job really well.

Just like the job he was given in the 2004 GF to shut down Simon Black.
Cause he's a ****ing pissant and has shown his true Glenelg colours. Could care less about the club and just has a hard on for his brother in the coaches box. Pathetic weak jigsaw head he is.

Sweet and Vis will be as mobile and defensively accountable as Charlie. With Mitch out play them together resting deep forward in Dixons role. Bring another runner in for Finlayson. Preferably Lorenz, Happy with Jackson, probably be Sinn or Rioli.

Out: Georgiadies, Finlayson, Evans
In: Visintini, 2 of Lorenz/Jackson/Sinn/Rioli

FB: Farrell, BZT, Bergman
HB: Houston, Aliir, Jones
C: Butters, Wines, Burgoyne
HF: Byrne-Jones , Lord, Marshall
FF: JHF, Visintini, Narkle
Fol: Sweet, Rozee, Mead
Int: Drew, Boak, L.Evans, Lorenz
Emg: Jackson/Sinn/Rioli

Allir and Finlayson are barometers for our team. When they are both able to play the role they're good at it makes us more mobile and has flow on effects for our mids and forwards. Whether Allir and Finlayson being barometers is either a root cause or a symptom of other factors is a good question.

While my patience is wearing then, I think we should persist with Finlayson. We are so much better when he’s playing well.

He’d want to find some form quick though.
But how are we with an extra Ruckman? How are we when Visintini plays well?

Our strength is our damaging Midfield, surely we should be designing our team to maximise our strongest asset and cover their deficiencies? Two Ruckmen that can hit the ball to their advantage is surely seeing a greater return for our biggest investment than Finlayson giving up first look and providing limited defensive cover or instincts?

I don't understand calls for Esava to play forward
Think it coincides with BZT playing well and Aliir back to being the general back there.

Rategolea now needs to become the third tall and play Jones/Burgman role.

To this day I have always said that when selecting the last spot for the GF team the selectors got it down to two players - Schofield and Brett Ebert. To me it was the wrong decision to go for Schofield over Brett as finalising the 22nd spot would not have made any difference to the final result. Schofield showed his true colours in 2005 when he returned to Perth after leading Port a merry dance - will he or won’t he? His stuffing us around cost us a good chance to get an old Magpie boy in Scott Thompson who returned to Adelaide from Melbourne.
I always thought it was the haggling of picks in the Josh Car trade that messed up our pursuit of Scott Thompson?

Crazy Choco and his pursuit of Aaron Shattock cost us big...

I always thought it was the haggling of picks in the Josh Car trade that messed up our pursuit of Scott Thompson?

Crazy Choco and his pursuit of Aaron Shattock cost us big...
I thought Carr was settled first (going back to play with his bro) & then Schofield wanted out costing us time to work out a deal. Crows then jumped onto Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back