Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Round 19, 2024 vs Richmond @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
can we just all process for a sec that absolute spud muffins who wouldnt be getting games at any other club in quinton narkle and frankie evans are actually being spoken about as full game “ins” for our club. J Mcentee will probably be brought back in for some no good reason aswell as dixon playing with the mobility of one toenail this week.

Absolute dire dire state of the club right now

port hinting that esava will play forward
I personaly cannot see this working, but why not try something different.

can we just all process for a sec that absolute spud muffins who wouldnt be getting games at any other club in quinton narkle and frankie evans are actually being spoken about as full game “ins” for our club. J Mcentee will probably be brought back in for some no good reason aswell as dixon playing with the mobility of one toenail this week.

With injured players impacting our team, Frank the Tank came off the bench and nearly stole the game back for us.
With half his games starting as the sub, he deserves a couple of full games.

If there are question marks over Marshall (hamstring/hip) and Butters (ankle), there is no better opportunity to rest them than this weekend against Richmond at their lowest ebb on the bottom of the ladder.

Last edited:

If ken gives them both the gold pass Jed has then we could make a better judgement. Can't expect blokes to play like all Australians when they're not given more than 1 game to prove themselves. I've always thought Frankies had something about him. Dbj is lucky Tommy A is supposedly not ready cause he's deserved the shitcan for a while now.

I personaly cannot see this working, but why not try something different.

Isn’t that where he played mainly at Geelong? It’s only the last couple years he has played down back, which is why he still so raw.

I think he has more potential as a defender but there is no reason why he can’t swing forward.

Sam Mitchell throws the magnets forward and back with multiple players all the time.

Honestly, esava can’t be any worse than all our tall forwards besides georgiades. They’re all terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I reckon the bottom couple of players in most teams once they’ve got a few injuries would be similar.

The list is capable, but it desperately needs a change in coach.

We’d be better off auctioning Dixons place in the 23 to the general public and having some punter out there than have him gassed out 5mins into warm ups.

The proceeds could at least pay down some debt.
Kochie quietly thinking about this for the marketing opportunity and to deflect pressure from the coach.
Imagine all the positive press for the club until Dustin Martin gives a don't argue to a 12yo girl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the bottom couple of players in most teams once they’ve got a few injuries would be similar.

The list is capable, but it desperately needs a change in coach.

They also know that with the gold pass system there is never any pressure for spots anyway. No matter how well someone performs in the SNAFL, it has no correlation as to whether they get a call up or not. As long as you have a stake in a greyhound you're getting in the team.

Isn’t that where he played mainly at Geelong? It’s only the last couple years he has played down back, which is why he still so raw.

I think he has more potential as a defender but there is no reason why he can’t swing forward.

Sam Mitchell throws the magnets forward and back with multiple players all the time.

Honestly, esava can’t be any worse than all our tall forwards besides georgiades. They’re all terrible.

BOG for the Magpies he will be an in: as well as taking a grab in the forward line he can be the part time ruckman.
And provides the flexiblity of being an option at either end

that's excellent actually. tank this one proper. rest butters, rest aliir, put rat up front, make lachie jones our number 1 defender, make JHF sub, tank it up like melbourne under bailey, no more wins, beginning of the end, do it right

that's excellent actually. tank this one proper. rest butters, rest aliir, put rat up front, make lachie jones our number 1 defender, make JHF sub, tank it up like melbourne under bailey, no more wins, beginning of the end, do it right

What's the point of tanking? We don't have our first round draft pick.

I agree there's no point in tanking, but the Club should also be looking toward the future. Guys like Dixon and Boak shouldn't be getting games ahead of young players given the likelihood of them being on the list next year is remote.

wasn't even thinking of the draft, just losing enough games to get a new regime in, discard the senior players, find new hope, get the ball rolling for at least a few games before seasons end

Well we have nothing to lose do we?
Could be a Hinkley job saving masterstroke. Win and it's "how good is Ken backing in the kids he's the man to oversee the rebuild", lose and it's "what else can he do he doesn't have the cattle". Just needs to get himself on camera saying something to Tom and the stories will write themselves.

simpsons-burns.gif

I agree there's no point in tanking, but the Club should also be looking toward the future. Guys like Dixon and Boak shouldn't be getting games ahead of young players given the likelihood of them being on the list next year is remote.

Absolutely. But you know that you know who will hang on for dear life to squeeze every last drop out of this year.

Dont Give Up Hang In There GIF by Holly Logan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back