Preview Changes & Preview Round 18 - SUNS vs Ports @ PFS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's next season I'm worried about. If we scrape into finals he will absolutely still be coaching us next year, and you're deluding yourself if you think different.
The only time I ever started actually rooting for the club to lose games was after the 0-5 start in 2022 where our season was already shot and bottoming out would've allowed for the opportunity to wave the white flag on some key overdue figures at the club...

But that didn't happen. Even when we were 8-12 on a 4 game losing streak and mathematically out of the finals picture, David Koch said the coach would stay and did sweet FA to change anything else or review. Which just proves that even rooting for the club to lose in order to see any sort of change is completely futile.

And since the contract situation is also the same as 2022 where we still have another extra year to oversee, what makes you think the same club with the same people would treat the situation any different?

I still want us to beat Gold Coast this weekend because I still think we have the cattle and I still think that Tredders can help with our finals performance issues if the chance comes, but my resentment for the bald cult of modern Port Adelaide has obviously made me detach from the sport emotionally. That said losing this weekend pretty much guarantees in my mind that we miss the finals considering the difficulty of the final 5 rounds.

Choco was convinced he could get Carr to change his mind and spent all his time on that, letting Port supporter Thompson (who hated the Crows), end up with them. That and not cashing in on trading Thurstans after a one off inflated value after 3 GF goals, was the point when everything started going to shit. Mission Accomplished writ large, along with the exodus of anyone off-field able to reign in Choco stepping up the craziness and interference in all areas. Really though, looking back, all our worst trades are the one's not done. Thurstans after the 2004 GF, Lobbe for 1st, Harlett for 1st. Shows the complete lack of ruthlessness. Trade Wingard though, after turning him from a multiple AA to a shell of what he was - so tough.

Which is to say we'll lose this, as Hinkley now has enough credits with Koch and co., to cop the loss. It'll be loss, beat Richmond, stay in bottom of eight, lose to Carlton and 'It's too late in the season to change coaches' and slide to missing the 8 or an elimination final loss. Hinkley and co. go into summer hibernation, only to emerge again at the last minute, pretending time has only just started in the universe at that point and nothing before can be referenced (except 2012).

Sack Hinkley.
I got us winning an elimination final.. getting pantsed the week after.. then the traditional missing pieces saga ..
He will stick around to the end of next year..

It's next season I'm worried about. If we scrape into finals he will absolutely still be coaching us next year, and you're deluding yourself if you think different.
A lot would depend on how his contract is if we dump him this year.
If we have to pay him out that might be a factor.
Just on face value if we do play finals I’d say you’re correct.

Agreed. Dixon and Hinkley are a match made in heaven. Get all these accolades when they're just doing their job.
The team beats the WB, who are outside the 8, at home and we get "where are the Hinkley haters now?". Should be a damn given if you're a contender.
When Dixon's dropped he decides to "get in the gym", "work really hard", "drop some weight". Wow. Don't you do that every day Two Cents? Give the man a round of applause. Retire.
“Get all these accolades when they’re just doing their job” 😂 really? Where? Definitely not here. Are you going to the game PowerLil or just the pre game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm no Hinkley defender (anymore) - but this is a pretty poor take. It's also the players jobs to kick straight and win against teams. Yet when we lose, it's all heaped on Hinkley.

Can't have it both ways, if you're happy to pot Ken when we lose, then you need to give him the accolades when we win.

OK i'll give him accolades. "Dear Ken thanks for doing nothing while the game was being played".

I just had to google Helen lovejoy, got called it last week too and had some idea what it meant but no idea who Helen Lovejoy was.

Apparently not agreeing with booing during a good win is Helen Lovejoying, but in the end what I thought would happen ended up happening. We win well and there were no boos. Crazy take from me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I just had to google Helen lovejoy, got called it last week too and had some idea what it meant but no idea who Helen Lovejoy was.

Apparently not agreeing with booing during a good win is Helen Lovejoying, but in the end what I thought would happen ended up happening. We win well and there were no boos. Crazy take from me.

They hated him because he spoke the truth... #facts

Did you go to the game? There were no boos because they never showed Ken on the screen. Not once.

Did you go to the game? There were no boos because they never showed Ken on the screen. Not once.

Nah I wasn’t risking another 6 hour round trip so soon after the Brisbane debacle.

Could’ve booed him off the ground, that was when he got most of his boos wasn’t it?

I got us winning an elimination final.. getting pantsed the week after.. then the traditional missing pieces saga ..
He will stick around to the end of next year..
So long as they cut the deadwood on the list.
Stage one: Delist Dixon, McKenzie, Boak, Clurey, Evans. Move on Chad.
Stage two: Move on Hinkley.

What I do not want to happen is Hinkley hang around for another year delisting Williams, McCallum, K.Marshall, Jackson. This would be so Port of the Hinkley era.

So long as they cut the deadwood on the list.
Stage one: Delist Dixon, McKenzie, Boak, Clurey, Evans. Move on Chad.
Stage two: Move on Hinkley.

What I do not want to happen is Hinkley hang around for another year delisting Williams, McCallum, K.Marshall, Jackson. This would be so Port of the Hinkley era.
We need some draft value and unfortunately we ain’t got bugger all for some time.
Basically with the midfield we have I can’t see us dropping low enough on the ladder to get real good draft choices.
To rebuild you need to finish bottom 4 for sometime, that’s not going to be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back