Preview Changes/Preview v Carlton @MCG – Semi Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was Hawthorn Dermott Brereton would’ve been down in the rooms at halftime telling blokes they must not allow Maynard to leave the field standing upright. Save for the Viney remonstration I thought our response was weak, too.
We agree again 😀

Who is our most important player? Gawn? Let's say Gawn got 6 weeks for something untoward, I dont think there would be too many supporters that would care. At least we can rest over the 6 month off season knowing that we stood for something.

We agree again 😀

Who is our most important player? Gawn? Let's say Gawn got 6 weeks for something untoward, I dont think there would be too many supporters that would care. At least we can rest over the 6 month off season knowing that we stood for something.

Not sure that I want blokes missing 4 - 6 weeks but we certainly need a harder edge. Max is one who plays very nice footy. Brilliant footballer but when’s the last time we saw him clatter into opposition midfielders at a ball up? Do the old ‘Shane Mumford’ ‘accidental’ knee drop onto someone? We do need some more types who are not only prepared to get down and dirty but who love doing that sort of sh1t. Like Brayden Maynard does!

Christian Petracca is built like a brick outhouse with his big hips and shoulders. He should be cannoning into opposition players, hurting them, much more often than he does.

I do feel we are not a feared team physically. We don’t play ‘on the edge’ footy.

Last edited:
If Gawn got 6 weeks for hitting Maynard (presumably off the ball if its for 6 weeks) and missed the next finals I'd be pretty disappointed to be honest.

There's a difference between hitting someone off the ball and making sure Maynard knows about what he did. I think most players know where that line is. Definitely worth giving away a few free kicks in game but 6 weeks is reserved for pretty dog acts which I think we're above.

If Gawn got 6 weeks for hitting Maynard (presumably off the ball if its for 6 weeks) and missed the next finals I'd be pretty disappointed to be honest.

There's a difference between hitting someone off the ball and making sure Maynard knows about what he did. I think most players know where that line is. Definitely worth giving away a few free kicks in game but 6 weeks is reserved for pretty dog acts which I think we're above.
I agree. but I think what we did (which was nothing) is the worst case scenario.

Footy classified seem to think we are bringing in Turner to play up forward
if we are going to replace van rooyen with a tall, Turner probably the most decent option given he likes to fly for his marks and has good hands. preferable to grundy or schache. now to look forward to turner and smith spoiling each other all night

You don't have to be a grub back to him but it was seriously depressing seeing only Viney actually do something about it
Both Oliver and Viney both went to start going at Maynard, then Maynard kinda apologizes while lying down and they both stop. It's not until after the replay is shown and then Viney gets into Maynard. At that point the moments kinda gone. That an alot of our guys are mates with Gus and were probably more worried about him than starting a blue that you can't do shit in anyway

You won't need another tall defender with McKay out, I'd play Smith fwd as a stopper on Weitering and then have Fritsch, McDonald, Petracca, Pickett, Chandler and Spargo (for kicking inside 50) as the other forwards.

Mids: Gawn, Oliver, Viney, Hunter, Salem, Langdon, Sparrow, Neale Bullen

B: May, Lever, Hibberd, McVee, Rivers, Bowey and Harmes (if fit) or Jordan.

Big changes are Trac more forward and Salem into the midfield. You guys would know better for the 7th defender, but Trac needs to be forward, creates scores.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we do get to Brissy I hope we turn it into a dog fight but still play with some dare when we have the footy.

Port didn't put nearly enough pressure on Brissy and tried to have a shoot out with them which was madness. Brissy did a good job of limiting the influence of JHF/Butters/Rozee - but Port still had some really good looks that they squandered.

We really, really need Trac, Fritsch or Koz to have a BOG performance up forward.

If we do get to Brissy I hope we turn it into a dog fight but still play with some dare when we have the footy.

Port didn't put nearly enough pressure on Brissy and tried to have a shoot out with them which was madness. Brissy did a good job of limiting the influence of JHF/Butters/Rozee - but Port still had some really good looks that they squandered.

We really, really need Trac, Fritsch or Koz to have a BOG performance up forward.

Port have a terrible back 6 so they kinda had to go for a shootout and hope to dominate at clearance. They did this in the first half but missed way too many shots then once it equalised the Lions ran away with it.

Port have a terrible back 6 so they kinda had to go for a shootout and hope to dominate at clearance. They did this in the first half but missed way too many shots then once it equalised the Lions ran away with it.
Yeah, their back 6 ain't great but their forward line ain't much chop either compared to Brisbanes. I agree they had to roll the dice on winning clearance but their inability to defend the ground and pressure Brisbane's ball movement was terrible. They got killed in the running numbers - subbing off DBJ just before they got 2 injuries didn't help.

I'm not even going to be disappointed if we lose this week, fully expecting it. So that's nice in a roundabout way.
Brings me back to how I went into every game in 2012/13 fully expecting to lose. Much easier to relax at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back