Preview Changes/Preview v Carlton @MCG – Semi Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brings me back to how I went into every game in 2012/13 fully expecting to lose. Much easier to relax at that point.
Yep I'm not nervous about this game at all. I already don't think we can win anything so every game now is a bonus

Yep I'm not nervous about this game at all. I already don't think we can win anything so every game now is a bonus

Yeah I think we should win this week but we'd be short odds to get comfortably beaten by Brisbane at the Gabba.

Obviously prefer to win than lose but at least if we lose this week the second consecutive straight sets exit would demand some proper changes.

Yeah I think we should win this week but we'd be short odds to get comfortably beaten by Brisbane at the Gabba.

Obviously prefer to win than lose but at least if we lose this week the second consecutive straight sets exit would demand some proper changes.
I agree with most of your post but I'm a bit sceptical on proper changes.

Having said that at least we got a taste of petty forward which I hope we will see next year. It's a bit of a shame he got injured, it's another wasted year and we'll have to wait until next year.

Interesting here from Hodge. It’s nothing new but suggesting we opt for Rivers & Hunter on the ball with maybe Pickett on a wing (Pickett my thought). We know ANB gets a bit lost on the ball even though his tank is enormous.

At a minimum I’d like to see Rivers get some time in the middle, along with Pickett.

Well we’d be the first club to do it consecutively and we’d have wasted two years post flag. The pressure on the coaching group would be enormous so it may be a plus. I still have this feeling we may make a GF. Yes, we lost by 7 points. We are two kicks off a PF and couldn’t have been much worse up forward. I think the Brayshaw concussion and Maynard acquittal may light a big fire under us, I genuinely hope it does because the thought of Collingwood winning disgusts me. No appeal from the AFL on BM really ground my gears.

Anyway, I do think we can win Friday and then anything is possible. Some changes to our kicking would be most welcomed.

We agree again 😀

Who is our most important player? Gawn? Let's say Gawn got 6 weeks for something untoward, I dont think there would be too many supporters that would care. At least we can rest over the 6 month off season knowing that we stood for something.
Gawn would never get reported. Id accept May and Viney getting a month each if it got us a flag.

I agree with most of your post but I'm a bit sceptical on proper changes.

Having said that at least we got a taste of petty forward which I hope we will see next year. It's a bit of a shame he got injured, it's another wasted year and we'll have to wait until next year.

Yeah maybe wishful thinking. But any club should be having a bloody good look at themselves after two consecutive straight sets exits.

We need a good hard look at gameplan if we fall short of a flag this year, but I doubt that will happen if we make it to a prelim even if we get belted.

I don’t think we lose this week. Too much has happened with the Brayshaw scenario and the lads will be breathing fire. Mark us down for a win.

No, I like it my way where im expecting a loss, we will lose and you will like it.

Yeah maybe wishful thinking. But any club should be having a bloody good look at themselves after two consecutive straight sets exits.

We need a good hard look at gameplan if we fall short of a flag this year, but I doubt that will happen if we make it to a prelim even if we get belted.
Sometimes coaches can be too stubborn to change, took Brad Scott a few years with the current crop to change his ways and start playing more exciting footy.

Turns out another win for #ARG
Listened to a deeper dive on our performance against Collingwood and our kicking overall

ANB this season kicks to a target inside 50, 80% of the time he has the footy.
They didn't mention the AFL average but they said he was miles above it.

We have 3 midfielders who are miles below the AFL average.

Oliver, Petracca and Viney.

So my take on this would be that when Trac does actually go for a teammate he finds them **** loads more than Viney or Oliver, but apparently he still bombs it into 50 more than the AFL average.

**** this game style

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they need extra defensive height, I'd much rather they bring Tomlinson in, keep Hibbo in and move Rivers up the ground to cover Brayshaw, rather than bringing in Jordon.

If they need extra defensive height, I'd much rather they bring Tomlinson in, keep Hibbo in and move Rivers up the ground to cover Brayshaw, rather than bringing in Jordon.
I'd rather bring in Jordan and drop Salem that's how over that campaigner I am

I don't think they'll fully drop Hibbo, they'll just relegate him to sub.

Salem though, unless they're throwing him somewhere different there's no way i'd want him over Hibbo

If T-Mac plays then I am skipping the game and taking the missus out for supper instead.

I am not gonna waste my Friday night watching a pack of losers!

If T-Mac plays then I am skipping the game and taking the missus out for supper instead.

I am not gonna waste my Friday night watching a pack of losers!
Kind of agree with the Tmac call. Goody is taking the p*** if he plays. Could not believe how fn slow he looked at the ground. I'm not surprised we're contemplating Disco up forward. At least he will move quicker than a snail pace when the ball hits the deck. Finals are all about pressure, how you handle it and how you dish it out. 1 tackle for Tmac and a whole lot of slow chases.

Gotta say Chandler surely gets dropped as well. 0 tackles by a small forward with 0 shots on goal with that many entries! He was just as horrid. Spargo will replace him.

Pretty sure I read in the Herald Sun few days ago that they're going to consider pushing Salem up to a half forward.
You know it really is a strong marker of a flag contender to be looking at throwing multiple players around to experimental positions in a knock-out final.

I dare say a loss on Friday night would put a lot of dees supporters out of their misery, at least this one, no more botched inside 50 entires to be horrified at.

That said, am going, hope we bloody win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back