Preview Changes/Preview v Carlton @MCG – Semi Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know it really is a strong marker of a flag contender to be looking at throwing multiple players around to experimental positions in a knock-out final.

Funny how we are throwing players around, but the game plan must remain the same! We are onto a winner there!

Funny how we are throwing players around, but the game plan must remain the same! We are onto a winner there!
Meanwhile every successful positional change we've made throughout the season has been abandoned after one or two games.

Cant do anything about that, Goody's hands are tied.
Putting kozzy in the middle and Trac forward saw us averaging 5 more goals a game but it also meant our stoppage clearances from throw ins between the arcs reduced by 3.8%. Easy decision to make in the end.

Dropping Chandler for Spargo would be the smart thing to do (last week as well as) this week.
That's why it won't happen.

Dropping Chandler for Spargo would be the smart thing to do (last week as well as) this week.
That's why it won't happen.
Spargo would be next to ****ing useless the current way we play, he got dropped cause he can't bomb it far enough to the goal line and we might actually mark it

Spargo would be next to ******* useless the current way we play, he got dropped cause he can't bomb it far enough to the goal line and we might actually mark it
Next to? Chandler has already arrived.

Some great veil of negatively post glimg 'ound, giving me warm comfort zone feeling, not neeld/bailey years bad, more late Daniher years bad. Good enough to make finals but not going anywhere, it's like being a teenager again.
I feel like the veil was never that far out of reach for most of us tbh, might wear it to the G on Friday night! Might comfort me when Trac fumbles a handball to Kosi who kicks it OOTF from the square.

who kicks it OOTF from the square

The worst part of inaccuracy (a behind or OOTF) is that the opposition gets the ball for free.
A lot of Melbourne players don't seem to understand this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst part of inaccuracy (a behind or OOTF) is that the opposition gets the ball for free.
A lot of Melbourne players don't seem to understand this.
Good point. We should stop trying to kick goals all together to ensure the ball stays locked in our forward 50. :padlock:

I've got no idea what the changes will be aside from injuries/suspension. Anyone wanna have a guess on the Ins and Outs?

Tommo for Pig
Jordon for Gus
Spargo for JVR
Schache or even Grundy as sub

This is a guess based on the captain's run squad.

Turns out another win for #ARG
Listened to a deeper dive on our performance against Collingwood and our kicking overall

ANB this season kicks to a target inside 50, 80% of the time he has the footy.
They didn't mention the AFL average but they said he was miles above it.

We have 3 midfielders who are miles below the AFL average.

Oliver, Petracca and Viney.

So my take on this would be that when Trac does actually go for a teammate he finds them * loads more than Viney or Oliver, but apparently he still bombs it into 50 more than the AFL average.

* this game style
Is this Hoyne on SEN? I don’t think anyone disagrees with you there.

I did think the analysis of how they defended was interesting, given it essentially aligned with what you guys have been criticising this week. Collingwood defended well, they were clever, they were deep

No no no, only those one or two posters have said anything about our delivery forward. It was far too niche for anyone else to have picked up on...

Tommo for Pig
Jordon for Gus
Spargo for JVR
Schache or even Grundy as sub

This is a guess based on the captain's run squad.
The captain takes the 22 and emergencies right? IIRC it doesn’t directly reflect who plays.

The captain takes the 22 and emergencies right? IIRC it doesn’t directly reflect who plays.

Yeah no guarantee they all get picked just because they're in the 26, just what I think might happen based on who was there.

I did think the analysis of how they defended was interesting, given it essentially aligned with what you guys have been criticising this week. Collingwood defended well, they were clever, they were deep
It was Daniel Hoyne yep. Really vindicates Collingwood didn't play that well, we just gave them the easiest and most predictable way to play

It was Daniel Hoyne yep. Really vindicates Collingwood didn't play that well, we just gave them the easiest and most predictable way to play

Collingwood's midfield pressure was a HUGE part of why we delivered it forward the way we did, so saying "Collingwood didn't play that well" is a bizarre comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back