Preview Changes: R16 vs Melbourne, Saturday July 2, 4.05pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Also I wish Chayce played the same as he does as the sub when he plays a full game , seems to unleash the shackles and I’m convinced it’s more mental than anything with him
Has to be mental. He was the best draft age player ive seen play in the TSL (im not very old so that isnt saying a lot) and he really looked like he would have a good AFL career (he was playing way better than Tarryn Thomas at TSL level). Maybe he is a bit undersized too, but other than that don't understand how he hasn't translated into a very good AFL player yet :(

Has to be mental. He was the best draft age player ive seen play in the TSL (im not very old so that isnt saying a lot) and he really looked like he would have a good AFL career (he was playing way better than Tarryn Thomas at TSL level). Maybe he is a bit undersized too, but other than that don't understand how he hasn't translated into a very good AFL player yet :(
Saw plenty of him at 16/17/18 as well and thought he would be a pretty safe bet

I am hoping Brown never makes it back into the seniors, but watch us select him in place of Hamill, or worse pick him instead of Parnell. The excuse will be that we need an experienced lock down small defender on Kozzie.

Hamill was close to being dropped anyway, just runs around like a headless chook and can't seem to get his hands on the ball (disposals) or get the ball going forward (Metres gained). The one thing he does manage to do adequately is get himself concussed.

Realistically you'd want Jones to come in for Hamill and tell him to make the spot his own off HB and just RUN RUN RUN

Just remember that the game against the Kangas is the EASIEST game that any of our players are going to get all season. If you didn't turn up on Sunday then you can head back to the SANFL for me.

Out:

McAdam (Inj)
Hamill (Inj)
Rachele (Omitted)
Milera (Omitted)
Murray (Omitted)

In:

Gollant
Jones
Newchurch
Sholl
Frampton

Newchurch deserves an opportunity. I was at the SANFL game on Sunday and he could have had 6 goals. Missed a few but also unselfishly handed a few goals to other players.

Get Sholl back in place of Milera and ,similar Jones hopefully going into Hamill's spot, give him free range to run and be creative. We seem to have over-coached both of them a bit and it would be nice to see the shackles come off for both.

If you're going to put Murray in the intercepting role and chop out in the ruck, then get Frampton in, because he's far above the level at doing that, plus he can distribute. He's 200cm. We seem to have committed Butts and Doedee to KPD roles at the moment anyway, so why not?
Anyone watching the SANFL on the weekend would realise he is FAR above the level, and is too good not to be playing AFL. My guess is that he'll stay in the SANFL and we'll trade him come seasons end.

What will actually happen?

Out:

McAdam (Inj)
Hamill (Inj)
Hateley (Omitted)

In:

Murphy
Brown
Crouch

I think you will find that they have no other choice but to play Newchurch with McAdam injured. Let's be honest we aren't beating Melbourne and getting a game into newchurch which is long overdue won't hurt his development. Playing Rachele hardly getting a touch over a player kicking goals in the SANFL doesn't make any sense regardless of the McAdam injury. Nick's talks a big game about giving players opportunities and it's time to back up his words.
Let's face it; they'll do as they please, regardless of our INs and OUTs, speculations, hopes and demands in here, regardless of what makes sense or not.

I stopped listening to what Nicks says, or at least believing it, a while ago now. it pays to look only at what he does.
His selections tell us that he favours try-hard scrappers over more skilled players, and out-of-form seniors over youth.
That suggests he'll bring back Murphy for McAdam (inj), and some senior dud (Brown?) for Hamill (inj).

Re: "we aren't beating Melbourne", we beat them by a point in a thriller 22nd May last year when it was expected that we'd get hammered. Looked to me like the Dees were complacent on the day.
I'm expecting a big loss this week too,
but
footy's a funny game and these Crows pull one out of the bag now and then.

Out: false hope that we are improving
In: the reality we are still playing the wrong 22

Hopefully Cook, Newchurch, Gollant come in - and we retain Jones in the 22. I'm not gonna try and guess what will actually happen - but am pretty sure it will include a quote like "We wanted to add some experience to the squad - seeing we are playing the league leaders".
It's our DNA

1) Anyone watching the SANFL on the weekend would realise he is FAR above the level, and is too good not to be playing AFL. 2) My guess is that he'll stay in the SANFL and we'll trade him come seasons end.
1) We've all been fooled by this re: Frampton at one time or another. It might be that he's just one of those players who shines in the SANFL and doesn't make it at AFL level. That might have to do with self-belief ie deep down, he doesn't think he's good enough, but jeez, who knows?
We've seeen him spud it up in several AFL games, except for one-and-a-half games this year, when he looked like a player, then turned back into ... himself.
Himmelberg is similarly mysterious and inconsistent.
2) Nicks is a fan of Frampton, methinks, or he would have delisted him last year.
I wonder if anyone at the Club, Coach or trusted teammate, has said to him,
"Mate, what's the story?? Doyawanna play AFL or not? if yes, lift your game. If not, pull the plug and look elsewhere".

1) We've all been fooled by this re: Frampton at one time or another. It might be that he's just one of those players who shines in the SANFL and doesn't make it at AFL level. That might have to do with self-belief ie deep down, he doesn't think he's good enough, but jeez, who knows?
We've seeen him spud it up in several AFL games, except for one-and-a-half games this year, when he looked like a player, then turned back into ... himself.
Himmelberg is similarly mysterious and inconsistent.
2) Nicks is a fan of Frampton, methinks, or he would have delisted him last year.
I wonder if anyone at the Club, Coach or trusted teammate, has said to him,
"Mate, what's the story?? Doyawanna play AFL or not? if yes, lift your game. If not, pull the plug and look elsewhere".

Frampton was signed to a 3 year deal when we signed him, so it's regardless if Nicks was a fan or not.

Especially as there isn't a buyer last year seeing how little he had done in the previous 6-7 seasons.

Frampton was contracted last year, so it's regardless if Nicks was a fan or not.
Didn't Nicks bring him across from PA after they had the sense to delist him?

"Nicks is a fan of Frampton, methinks, or he would have delisted him last year."
OK, so whenever Frampton could have been delisted, but wasn't.
I'm no Frampton fan, even if I was happy when he played really well vs. the Bulldogs. He seemed to relish roaming as a sweeper down back. I thought it might have been a breakout game, and the start of big things, but no.
He fooled me once, but he'll have to play many more than one good game occasionally to convince me.

"Nicks is a fan of Frampton, methinks, or he would have delisted him last year."
I'm no Frampton fan, even if I was happy when he played really well vs. the Bulldogs. He seemed to relish roaming as a sweeper down back. I thought it might have been a breakout game, and the start of big things, but no.
He fooled me once, but he'll have to play many more than one good game occasionally to convince me.

We traded for Frampton around the same time, moving on GWS 2020 4th round pick (which we got for Sam Jacobs). It's effectively a DFA deal, seeing the GWS pick wasn't used.

So it's likely coincidental to Nicks coming aboard and more likely a response to Jacobs leaving/how little youth we had.

That said, I was wrong, it was a 2+1 trigger deal... though considering how tight list spots are this year, it's not too surprising we retained Frampton.

But how's the fickle nature of Crows fans?

We know he's sh!t as a forward, move on from that, he's been put in the backline for his FIRST YEAR as a KPD.

We dropped him after a Carlton match where they beat their club record of 74 inside 50's, against two KPF's who are leaders for the Coleman? Our other defenders were also dogsh!t

People keep whinging about the Carlton game and forget that he was IN the team when we beat Port Adelaide, Richmond and Western Bulldogs.

Crows are 3rd bottom in the competition for marks and DEAD last in the competitions for Contested Marks. Frampton has the 2nd highest average for marks in the team and equal 4th for contested marks.

Avg of 18 disposals per game at a DE of 87%. I will say that again, 87%. The only two other blokes with a higher DE than him are Butts and Hamill, who run at less than 10 disposals a game.

3rd highest metres gained on avg in the team at 424.8m. Show me another defender that's not a HB with those numbers... We are 4th from bottom in the comp for M gained.

So no Sh!t, 3 of the stats where we are amongst the worst in the competition, he is up there as being one of the best in our team.

His biggest issues for me are currently having ZERO tackles for the year, and having a relatively low contested possessions count.

BUT JESUS H CHRIST, play to his advantages! Leave Butts and Doedee to be the KPD's (Doedee has been useless in the intercept role anyway) and let Frampton roam/intercept and chop out in the ruck.

The funny thing is that he's SIX GAMES into his career as a KPD, and yet people have written him off because he hasn't worked out his lead up/contested defending craft just yet. That can still come with time, and on the weekend he was excellent in these areas, but his strengths in other areas are surely too much to ignore to not select him.

��
Adelaide - 2022
GmRdR#KIMKHBDIGLBHHOTKRBIFCLCGFFFABRCPUPCMMI1%BOGA%P
19​
Port Adelaide
W​
22​
12​
5​
4​
16​
5​
5​
2​
1​
4​
10​
1​
5​
97​
20​
Essendon
L​
22​
9​
3​
7​
16​
7​
2​
2​
2​
6​
9​
6​
90​
21​
Richmond
W​
22​
18​
9​
4​
22​
6​
1​
5​
1​
4​
17​
5​
100​
22​
Western Bulldogs
W​
22​
18​
9​
8​
26​
7​
1​
1​
1​
6​
16​
2​
5​
94​
23​
Greater Western Sydney
L​
22​
11​
7​
2​
13​
6​
1​
1​
1​
2​
10​
1​
4​
99​
24​
Carlton
L​
22​
14​
6​
1​
15​
1​
7​
1​
3​
1​
3​
1​
9​
9​
1​
93​
Totals6 (3-0-3)82392610813861168423714341

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We know he's sh!t as a forward, move on from that, he's been put in the backline for his FIRST YEAR as a KPD.

We dropped him after a Carlton match where they beat their club record of 74 inside 50's, against two KPF's who are leaders for the Coleman? Our other defenders were also dogsh!t

People keep whinging about the Carlton game and forget that he was IN the team when we beat Port Adelaide, Richmond and Western Bulldogs.

Crows are 3rd bottom in the competition for marks and DEAD last in the competitions for Contested Marks. Frampton has the 2nd highest average for marks in the team and equal 4th for contested marks.

Avg of 18 disposals per game at a DE of 87%. I will say that again, 87%. The only two other blokes with a higher DE than him are Butts and Hamill, who run at less than 10 disposals a game.

3rd highest metres gained on avg in the team at 424.8m. Show me another defender that's not a HB with those numbers... We are 4th from bottom in the comp for M gained.

So no Sh!t, 3 of the stats where we are amongst the worst in the competition, he is up there as being one of the best in our team.

His biggest issues for me are currently having ZERO tackles for the year, and having a relatively low contested possessions count.

BUT JESUS H CHRIST, play to his advantages! Leave Butts and Doedee to be the KPD's (Doedee has been useless in the intercept role anyway) and let Frampton roam/intercept and chop out in the ruck.

The funny thing is that he's SIX GAMES into his career as a KPD, and yet people have written him off because he hasn't worked out his lead up/contested defending craft just yet. That can still come with time, and on the weekend he was excellent in these areas, but his strengths in other areas are surely too much to ignore to not select him.

��
Adelaide - 2022
19​
Port Adelaide
W​
22​
12​
5​
4​
16​
5​
5​
2​
1​
4​
10​
1​
5​
97​
20​
Essendon
L​
22​
9​
3​
7​
16​
7​
2​
2​
2​
6​
9​
6​
90​
21​
Richmond
W​
22​
18​
9​
4​
22​
6​
1​
5​
1​
4​
17​
5​
100​
22​
Western Bulldogs
W​
22​
18​
9​
8​
26​
7​
1​
1​
1​
6​
16​
2​
5​
94​
23​
Greater Western Sydney
L​
22​
11​
7​
2​
13​
6​
1​
1​
1​
2​
10​
1​
4​
99​
24​
Carlton
L​
22​
14​
6​
1​
15​
1​
7​
1​
3​
1​
3​
1​
9​
9​
1​
93​

Liked for the commentary on Doedee.
Apparently plays the easiest position in AFL football according to comments surrounding Levers departure.
Doesn't play it anywhere near the level Lever did/does and he isn't much of a KPD at all yet seems to escape much scrutiny whilst being touted as future Captain??? Solid,tall B-grade flanker at best and could easily be replaced by Framton in his preferred role without the team losing anything.

Apparently plays the easiest position in AFL football according to comments surrounding Levers departure.
Doesn't play it anywhere near the level Lever did/does and he isn't much of a KPD at all yet seems to escape much scrutiny whilst being touted as future Captain??? Solid,tall B-grade flanker at best and could easily be replaced by Framton in his preferred role without the team losing anything.

I know saying it out loud sounds a bit ridiculous, but you're right, he could easily replace Doedee

Doedee does read the play well, and is good below his knees, but his hurt fact is negligible this season, and he's full of clangers.

Extremely slow at getting ball from hand to foot, always allows the opposition time to smother very similar to Talia

I know saying it out loud sounds a bit ridiculous, but you're right, he could easily replace Doedee

Doedee does read the play well, and is good below his knees, but his hurt fact is negligible this season, and he's full of clangers.

Doedee is a good player don't get me wrong. I just don't think he's suited to the role asked of him and neither is he a KPD.

��
Adelaide - 2022
19​
Port Adelaide
W​
22​
12​
5​
4​
16​
5​
5​
2​
1​
4​
10​
1​
5​
97​
20​
Essendon
L​
22​
9​
3​
7​
16​
7​
2​
2​
2​
6​
9​
6​
90​
21​
Richmond
W​
22​
18​
9​
4​
22​
6​
1​
5​
1​
4​
17​
5​
100​
22​
Western Bulldogs
W​
22​
18​
9​
8​
26​
7​
1​
1​
1​
6​
16​
2​
5​
94​
23​
Greater Western Sydney
L​
22​
11​
7​
2​
13​
6​
1​
1​
1​
2​
10​
1​
4​
99​
24​
Carlton
L​
22​
14​
6​
1​
15​
1​
7​
1​
3​
1​
3​
1​
9​
9​
1​
93​
So when Butts went down with Covid and a concussion why did we choose to not play him?

Is it that the coaches don't rate him and don't see a future for him at AFL level?

I am hoping Brown never makes it back into the seniors, but watch us select him in place of Hamill, or worse pick him instead of Parnell. The excuse will be that we need an experienced lock down small defender on Kozzie.

Hamill was close to being dropped anyway, just runs around like a headless chook and can't seem to get his hands on the ball (disposals) or get the ball going forward (Metres gained). The one thing he does manage to do adequately is get himself concussed.

Realistically you'd want Jones to come in for Hamill and tell him to make the spot his own off HB and just RUN RUN RUN

Just remember that the game against the Kangas is the EASIEST game that any of our players are going to get all season. If you didn't turn up on Sunday then you can head back to the SANFL for me.

Out:

McAdam (Inj)
Hamill (Inj)
Rachele (Omitted)
Milera (Omitted)
Murray (Omitted)

In:

Gollant
Jones
Newchurch
Sholl
Frampton

Newchurch deserves an opportunity. I was at the SANFL game on Sunday and he could have had 6 goals. Missed a few but also unselfishly handed a few goals to other players.

Get Sholl back in place of Milera and ,similar Jones hopefully going into Hamill's spot, give him free range to run and be creative. We seem to have over-coached both of them a bit and it would be nice to see the shackles come off for both.

If you're going to put Murray in the intercepting role and chop out in the ruck, then get Frampton in, because he's far above the level at doing that, plus he can distribute. He's 200cm. We seem to have committed Butts and Doedee to KPD roles at the moment anyway, so why not?
Anyone watching the SANFL on the weekend would realise he is FAR above the level, and is too good not to be playing AFL. My guess is that he'll stay in the SANFL and we'll trade him come seasons end.

What will actually happen?

Out:

McAdam (Inj)
Hamill (Inj)
Hateley (Omitted)

In:

Murphy
Brown
Crouch
Re Murray - barely remember him losing a contest all game ( not sure he did ) , also was good in his ruck cameo

Best game of his career , there is no way we are dropping a 20 game 21 yo developing key position defender who is hitting his straps

Not sure what we get out of dropping Milera, we need to persist and get him back into form. He offers qualities that few of our other players possess.
He’s creating goals and not even hit his straps yet

One of the only guys that laces out teammates I50

That fend off handball to keays was also sublime for a goal

Keep

Re Murray - barely remember him losing a contest all game ( not sure he did ) , also was good in his ruck cameo

Best game of his career , there is no way we are dropping a 20 game 21 yo developing key position defender who is hitting his straps
Particularly for Frampton who cannot defend.

It's like some people don't even watch our games...

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R16 vs Melbourne, Saturday July 2, 4.05pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back