Preview Changes: R16 vs Melbourne, Saturday July 2, 4.05pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

He got done for drink driving.. hapoy for them to rake him over the coals for that stupid act.

But dabbling in a bit of recreational cocaine use.. pfft.. they shouldnt have even reprimanded him for that..
Also, driving unregistered. His problem was he was not honest about. Combine with the other 2 drug matters later in the year became difficult for the club to keep him. The right decision was made by both parties, time to move on!

Here's a good laugh --- Footy Classified just suggested that if NM went to Tassie, they could do Free Agency trades eg
get this --- trade JHF to Adelaide and get Pick #4, Matt Crouch and Tex Walker in return!!!

Walker's blood is tri-coloured and passes through his body in Life-Saver-like hoops; he'd rather pull off his head and s**t down his own neck than play for NM in Tassie.
Depends what the money is. Any player would leave for 800 a year at his age.

Depends what the money is. Any player would leave for 800 a year at his age.
I hadn't thought of that. 800K for a year, at 33; does he need the dough?

Well, I'd be amazed if Tex agreed, if it was offered, because:
1) of his previous (obvious) loyalty and
2) of his family, wife and three kids, whom he would not uproot for a year, one would think.

I hadn't thought of that. 800K for a year, at 33; does he need the dough?

Well, I'd be amazed if Tex agreed, if it was offered, because:
1) of his previous (obvious) loyalty and
2) of his family, wife and three kids, whom he would not uproot for a year, one would think.
Yeah Tex is not going to North. The only teams I could see him going to would be Melb, Collingwood, Freo, Sydney. Those teams could do with another key forward and are contending. I don't think Tex is going anywhere unless it's 800 for 3 and our offer is 1 year at 600.

Going to melbourne could set him up in the vic media landscape post footy especially if he won a flag.

Last edited:
Imagine CC and Stengle still in our forward line. There's at least 90 goals a year out of our team.
Given Nicks' bomb-it-in deep and high "plan", the Crows' midfield and general delivery to our forwards, CC and Stengle would be starved of opportunities, unlike at Geelong/Brisbane currently.

Here's a good laugh --- Footy Classified just suggested that if NM went to Tassie, they could do Free Agency trades eg
get this --- trade JHF to Adelaide and get Pick #4, Matt Crouch and Tex Walker in return!!!

Walker's blood is tri-coloured and passes through his body in Life-Saver-like hoops; he'd rather pull off his head and s**t down his own neck than play for NM in Tassie.
Id take that deal any day. Tex is my favorite atm since Bernie left. He has 2 years tops left in him. Would hate to lose him but just like Sloane we need to move on. MCrouch is probably coming to the end of his tenure here. Pick 4 may end up pick 6 or 7. JHF trade would be marvelous.

Id take that deal any day. Tex is my favorite atm since Bernie left. He has 2 years tops left in him. Would hate to lose him but just like Sloane we need to move on. MCrouch is probably coming to the end of his tenure here. Pick 4 may end up pick 6 or 7. JHF trade would be marvelous.
North are never doing that deal. Crouch is worth nothing and North wouldn't be looking at a forward who has a couple of years left. North would be asking for Rachele or Thilthorpe.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Tex is not going to North. The only teams I could see him going to would be Melb, Collingwood, Freo, Sydney. Those teams could do with another key forward and are contending. I don't think Tex is going anywhere unless it's 800 for 3 and our offer is 1 year at 600.

Going to melbourne could set him up in the vic media landscape post footy especially if he won a flag.
I'd feel physically ill if Tex won a flag.

I mean it would be deserved and I'd be happy for him. But the actual imagine of him in another guernsey celebrating with the cup? I don't think I could handle that.

Anyone got any idea of the apparent Laird injury? Anything to it or was he just wearing the yellow cap as he usually does?

Neddy is doubtful with knee soreness anyhow, McAdam won't play so maybe Murphy and Tariek might come in, one as the sub?
Yeah tweaked knees can be muscled through on the day. But they often come up pretty tender throughout the next week.

Not something to be messed around with, especially if your game is 90% based on gut running!

If we aren't playing Newchurch this week then SANFL and AFL form being considered is absolute bollocks.
If we play Murphy ahead of Newchurch, then I'm done.

Neddy is doubtful with knee soreness anyhow, McAdam won't play so maybe Murphy and Tariek might come in, one as the sub?

Surely to replace McAdam you need a Gollant type? McAdam is more of an aerial threat than you’re typical small forward. Feel like it’s one of the more straightforward Selection weeks of the year. No doubt Nicks will find a way to **** it up.

In: Jones, TT (Gollant if not fit), Newchurch
Out: Hamill, McAdam, McHenry

In that hypothetical, they'd get our Pick 4, which as you said might end up being 6 or 7 but could also be Pick 3 + Tex + Mrouch. The Crows are bad enough to finish 16th.

Saw Tex and Nicks on TV last night. Tex was saying he's in good form, feels fit and well and definitely wants to play at least another year.
Nicks said same, and that he "categorically" wants Tex to play next year and for as long as we can have him.

I don't care about Crouch, but I'd like to know why you'd take the deal, please.
Jareckon JHF:
1) ... wants to come to Adelaide (and be coached by Nicks et al)? The Crows won't be contending for another 3 or 4 years, maybe more if we stick with Nicks, and
2) ... will be a star? Look what Nicks has done with Dawson/Rachele and other promising juniors.

(Tex also said that the team are a better side when Mrouch is in it ... :eek: , but that's to be expected; a bloke defending a good mate)

Surely to replace McAdam you need a Gollant type? McAdam is more of an aerial threat than you’re typical small forward. Feel like it’s one of the more straightforward Selection weeks of the year. No doubt Nicks will find a way to * it up.

In: Jones, TT (Gollant if not fit), Newchurch
Out: Hamill, McAdam, McHenry
I actually think Gollant would go alright against Lever. Would be the kind of player that would keep Jake accountable because he's a risk both on the lead and in the air (and surprisingly good off the deck).

Plus he's got the height/hops to bring provide a contest against Lever, and maybe curtail some of his intercept work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R16 vs Melbourne, Saturday July 2, 4.05pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back