Preview Changes: R2 vs Richmond, Saturday March 25, 4.05pm ACDT @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Question: were you thinking this in the first half ? ......were you happy with what was happening first half, and does that get wiped out in entirety, based on the 2nd half

It's obvious, they gassed themselves, 7-8 min B4 half time .....it's on the senior players, the same ones who have continually let us down the last 6 years, no need to name

There'll only be 2 changes .....McAdam & one other (?) ....should be Butts, my god he was horrid & caught out of defensive position so many times .....the other putrid game all day, was Hinge
Butts was terrible. Time for the SANFL for him

Say brain dead sheeple a few more times.

Pretty ******* hilarious coming from the most ingrained public service mentality poster on this board.

Remember when Neil Craig was a better coach than Alastair Clarkson.

Clarkson is a good coach, but I still believe that Craig is better.

1679283507399.gif

We had 33 shots on goal from 52 entries, and 15 marks inside 50.

The reason we had 0 tackles inside 50 isn't that we weren't playing some defensive spud up there, it's that we were first to the ball and efficient with our delivery.

The issue is we barely got an inside 50 in the second half. 18 to 9 in favour of GWS in the last quarter
Exactly.. but dont tell the “our forwards need to have a defensive first midset” commentators around here that.. you’ll get skewered!..

I couldnt give a fxxk if we have 0 tackles in our forward 50 if the reason for that is our players are either marking everything that comes in or are first to the ball when it hits the deck.

This defensive forwards mindset of the past few years has seen us play guys like murphy and mchenry and rowe who tackle well but barely ever kick goals!

TT has to come in. He is just going to wither in the SANFL.

As others have said, coaches are way over thinking it with this guy.

Watching the SANFL trial replay, it is ridiculous how far above that level he is. I’m not saying he will come in and dominate at AFL, or is an immediate solution to our problems, I’m more talking about from a development perspective - he will not develop any further at SANFL.

Watching the sanfl replay

TT and taylor both put their hands up and deserve to be picked in the AFL side this week.

TT in for ROB or Himm (i actually dont care which but would probably dump ROB)

Taylor in for Shoey.

Or do we go a real small forward line and keep shoey bring taylor in for Mcadam and throw taylor into the midfield rotations.

Does it worry anyone that our coaches team borderline panicked to get Tyler Brown in, because they thought he was so talented? That must be one of the worst matches I've seen for us. Wtf have they actually seen with him?

Not really. Providing Rachele, Pedlar, Thilthorpe, Soligo, Rankine, Taylor, Fog or Muray aren't the sub, I can't say I care who it is.

Brown is a solid sub option. Does well? Great, might have a future. Doesn't? Who cares. We didn't pay anything to obtain him, and he's taking a spot that actively harms development.

Watching the sanfl replay

TT and taylor both put their hands up and deserve to be picked in the AFL side this week.

TT in for ROB or Himm (i actually dont care which but would probably dump ROB)

Taylor in for Shoey.

Or do we go a real small forward line and keep shoey bring taylor in for Mcadam and throw taylor into the midfield rotations.
Shoey to sub TT …… Himm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. Providing Rachele, Pedlar, Thilthorpe, Soligo, Rankine, Taylor, Fog or Muray aren't the sub, I can't say I care who it is.

Brown is a solid sub option. Does well? Great, might have a future. Doesn't? Who cares. We didn't pay anything to obtain him, and he's taking a spot that actively harms development.
My take from what Nicks has said it was Brown's size and supposed versatility that he liked? Still a puzzling selection that said.

Schoenberg as sub could be a shout. Could then quite easily fit Taylor into the side
I see the sub role as more strategic and suited to players with good speed to use that advantage against the oppo's tired legs unless of course you get an early injury.

Tyler Brown is certainly not that player unless versatility is the key, and even then IMO he ain't it.

My take from what Nicks has said it was Brown's size and supposed versatility that he liked? Still a puzzling selection that said.

I don't think it's out of the question that we recruited Brown to be a guy we can sit in the sub role. Seeing how quickly he went past Crouch in the preseason.

I see the sub role as more strategic and suited to players with good speed to use that advantage against the oppo's tired legs unless of course you get an early injury.

I also see that becoming the norm.

I don't think it's out of the question that we recruited Brown to be a guy we can sit in the sub role. Seeing how quickly he went past Crouch in the preseason.

I also see that becoming the norm.
a poser - had M Crouch been available and played, would he as a seasoned AFL player had the tank to not let the GWS mids have it all their own way in the 3rd and last 1/4's. As the reasons for our fade out by a number of people here is attributed to youngsters being gassed

I realize we are going to be bent over re: macadam but we need this to go to the tribunal and contest it if he is done .even take it to court . The precedent has been set with the ridiculous penalties given to Franklin and Kossi.
Another thing to consider is the aboriginal lads play the game like it should be played and he did attempt to make sure he didn’t hit high.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd still probably go with Murphy - well ahead of McHenry. Gollant hasn't impressed me a whole lot to date, and it takes more than one 4-goal effort in a SANFL game to push his case. I'm not writing him off, but I want to see a bit more from him before he gets rewarded with AFL selection.

I know that Murphy has his shortcomings, and hating on him is the latest trend for the BigFooty sheeple. He far from perfect, but he doesn't deserve the crap that gets posted about him here.
I get what you're saying, but McAdam plays tall, whereas Murphy is a midget. AFC tend to go like for like, so I think Gollant should be the one in line for his role. Would like to see Taylor for Schoey as well and Parnell or Sholl for Brown.

I realize we are going to be bent over re: macadam but we need this to go to the tribunal and contest it if he is done .even take it to court . The precedent has been set with the ridiculous penalties given to Franklin and Kossi.
Another thing to consider is the aboriginal lads play the game like it should be played and he did attempt to make sure he didn’t hit high.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
WTF? McAdam definitely deserves to get rubbed out, and should receive the same penalty as Kosi. We might consider appealing if he gets more than Kosi, but he's definitely guilty of a suspendable offence.

I get what you're saying, but McAdam plays tall, whereas Murphy is a midget. AFC tend to go like for like, so I think Gollant should be the one in line for his role. Would like to see Taylor for Schoey as well and Parnell or Sholl for Brown.
With EH (or RT), Tex & Fog already fixtures in the forward line, Gollant would leave us far too tall. McAdam's replacement needs to be a smaller player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R2 vs Richmond, Saturday March 25, 4.05pm ACDT @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back