Preview Changes: R7 vs Collingwood, Sunday April 30, 4.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

C'mon Grotto lift your game mate.

I just got on the Collingwood board and expressed an interesting fact about us losing the last 5 :D

I am going to be savaged by my own board.
Sorry I was stats overload when I was writing the post.

What I should have said was:
The Pies have lost the last quarter in their past 5 years post Anzac Day match.
Noting in three of these games were Suns (twice ) and Hawks.

Sloane will add more midfield time, so we will have 2 experienced mids in there. Doubt Keays given he might go to Daicos.

Schoenberg will come in I reckon.
Will be fascinating if we tag Daicos with Keays, I mean certainly has the tank to go with him, but in terms of skill and effectiveness, that remains to be seen.

If Laird is out, then Keays will probably have to go back into the midfield.

Of our other options:

Schoenberg is still doing the things that got him dropped (fumbling, turning the ball over, etc).

Berry is in horrible form and possibly still injured. Can't be considered.

Hately hasn't played in two weeks. Won't be considered.

Crouch...maybe. Still not at his best since the leg issue.

Brown's kicking is worse than Brad Symes. You'd only pick him to shadow Daicos.

Taylor has been mostly playing at half forward due to the aforementioned players, so hasn't been at his best.

I'm going to predict McHenry in and Parnell to sub, noting that we'll only pick a squad of 26 tonight.

Don’t need to have the same skill though
No he doesnt many good taggers didnt, but effectively he could hurt the Pies the other way.

Best case scenario for us with Keays to Daicos, is a reduced number of effective possessions.

I wouldn't be against giving Chayce some time in the middle if Laird is out. Just 1 instruction. See ball, get ball!
When I watch him at stoppages he’s always organising players, I wish he would be a little selfish at times and just worry about himself, as you said see ball smash in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laird likely will miss. That will be very difficult to replace.

So, who comes into the midfield?

Keays will run with Daicos - in the F50 and the midfield.
If Daicos isn't in the midfield, then who comes in? More time for Soligo I hope.
I’ll offer up a smoky

Hately

I know he didn’t play at any level last week but nicks seems pretty keen to have a look at him

It’s a pretty good way find out whether he’s likely to be with us next year

Nicks knows what Matt crouch brings but isn’t completely sure about Hately either way

I’ll offer up a smoky

Hately

I know he didn’t play at any level last week but nicks seems pretty keen to have a look at him

Nicks knows what Matt crouch brings but isn’t completely sure about Hately either way
Definitely a possibility.
Good call.

I’ll offer up a smoky

Hately

That's who I'd be trying, perfect chance to take a look at Hately playing as a prime mid (his preferred position) surrounded by our best other talent. Unfortunately Laird is a tricky one for us to be missing because of how much work load he shoulders & the sheer number of clearances he wins but whoever gets the gig has a perfect opportunity to show what they can do when trusted with a bigger work load.

Even just get him to talk his ear off all game.
I’m sure Ned can be annoying!
Whoever it is, get them to:
--- eat a lot of fish and garlic from now until Sunday (or anything that'll make them fart as well)
--- not shower or brush their teeth, to add to the stink.
--- warn the rest of the Crows.
--- shake hands with Daicos at game's start and leave a permanent, rancid, slimy slick on his hand
--- play close. Real, real close. :sneaky:

"someone will go to Daicos", fair enough, but in what role? Run-with? Hard tag? Shake hands and see you later (like Saad)?

Looks like I might have been dead wrong:
I don't think Nicks will tag Daicos, but will make sure that anyone, anyone at all, who is close to him will give him some tough attention.
Face. Egg.

Im not doubting the Pies or their ability, Im just commenting on the unique scenario for this particular game.

They are tad vulnerable on Sunday.

If this was any other round, the Pies would win this comfortably and they still might.

In fact I dont see a close game, Pies have lost the game following Anzac Day for the past 5 years, so its an interesting stat. Pies could blow the Crows out or the Pies may be cold from Anzac Day and the Crows torch them. By torch, I mean a 4 goal win. Pies worst result last year was 48pts and ave losing margin of 17pts.

EDIT

FFS

Pies have only twice past 5 years, to the Suns and Tigers at the G.
:drunk:
Start again, hard edit/rewrite. :sneaky:

Keays does seem like the obvious choice but Pedlar could really hurt Daicos - in various ways. Kick a couple of first half goals on him and it would certainly make him more defensive minded curtailing attacking flair. Peds much better chance of achieving that than one goal 7 Benny (or whatever it is now)

Daicos wouldn't give two shits if Pedlar kicked 5 on him. He's not there to defend a forward and both Daicos and McRae knows it.

All Pedlar getting off the chain would do is switch up Collingwood matchups. That may free up Rankine or a Rachele when they're forward.

Whoever it is, get them to:
--- eat a lot of fish and garlic from now until Sunday (or anything that'll make them fart as well)
--- not shower or brush their teeth, to add to the stink.
--- warn the rest of the Crows.
--- shake hands with Daicos at game's start and leave a permanent, rancid, slimy slick on his hand
--- play close. Real, real close. :sneaky:
Tell him he’s got a shit haircut (his brother does the cutting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R7 vs Collingwood, Sunday April 30, 4.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back