Prediction Changes: Round 3 Vs West Coast Eagles + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, guys, here's the plan. Midfield crew: at the stoppages, when Darcy wins the tap and knocks it at his feet, check to see if your direct opponent wants to pick up the ball, and if so, stand back and let him, as that's the polite thing to do. Defenders: when you've got hold of the ball, take a look upfield, and if there are any opposition players anywhere on the oval, take the opportunity to play some kick-to-kick amongst yourselves. Forwards: if by the good grace of the collective deities of the world you find that your teammates are moving the ball towards our forward 50, be sure to plant your feet firmly on the ground and wave your hands in the air.

Any questions?
ooh you are naughty

Whatever we do we need to make changes.

Doing the same thing again and again hoping for a different result is as the cliche goes.... insane.

Change up the midfield mix. Hit up more 45s. Have more movement forward. Change the forward mix.

If we don't win this week we will not be making the 8. And then JOM, Taberner, Fyfe, Walters etc etc etc may as well play for Peel. And we play the kids, trade Darcy and throw out the bathwater.

Lose this week and Bell and JLs jobs are on the line.

Pressure creates diamonds. Let's see what they are made of.

heave ho!
Somehow I don't think Bell's job depends on winning this week!

Somehow I don't think Bell's job depends on winning this week!
Fremantle is a rich club. We have had top level draft picks for years. I have supported the club through all of the hard times, but after 30 years how much ****ing patience are we expected to have?

We need to destroy WC this week.

If we lose, then there will be a lot of explaining to do. How often do teams down 0-3 get to finals? We do not make it from 0-3 IMHO. And if we dont make finals then Walls, Bell and Longmuir are under serious pressure.

Must win. And they know it.

We can line up with four forwards in the forward fifty surrounded by ten opposition players. There were times with sixteen opposition players inside our attacking forward fifty over the last two weeks, lots of them.
I don’t know if anyone here went to the annual meeting last year when an old bloke asked Longmuir about kicking torpedoes. Well that was my Dad. As much as I cringed he was right on the weekend. A 60m torp at goal could've won us the game or at least drawn it.

Doing the same thing again and again hoping for a different result is as the cliche goes.... insane.

Change up the midfield mix. Hit up more 45s. Have more movement forward. Change the forward mix.

If we don't win this week we will not be making the 8. And then JOM, Taberner, Fyfe, Walters etc etc etc may as well play for Peel. And we play the kids, trade Darcy and throw out the bathwater.

heave ho!
At some point changes amount to nothing if we don’t change the game plan/structures

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a few of us have gone OTT after 2 rounds.
Yes, we have underperformed, we reasonably hoped to be Top 6 but will now struggle to make the 8. But, a few experts were predicting this.
Saints and North are both running hot. In retrospect 1:1 would have been par at this stage, not the 2:0 I had hoped for and tipped.
People are too categorically down on Tabs/JOM/JL/Jackson. Jackson especially, it was always likely that he would take a while.
The biggest surprise to me is our midfield - I was thinking we would improve on 2022.
At least the Derby is set up for a great game now...can Freo get it together?

No Peel pre season game this weekend. Treacy didn't play last weekend so will be named this week in lieu of Taberner who needs a rest.

I think a few of us have gone OTT after 2 rounds.
Yes, we have underperformed, we reasonably hoped to be Top 6 but will now struggle to make the 8. But, a few experts were predicting this.
Saints and North are both running hot. In retrospect 1:1 would have been par at this stage, not the 2:0 I had hoped for and tipped.
People are too categorically down on Tabs/JOM/JL/Jackson. Jackson especially, it was always likely that he would take a while.
The biggest surprise to me is our midfield - I was thinking we would improve on 2022.
At least the Derby is set up for a great game now...can Freo get it together?
footy fans?! Going OTT...?!?!?! On BigFooty, of all places...?!

Are you sure.....?!?!?!?! :think:

No Way Wow GIF

We can line up with four forwards in the forward fifty surrounded by ten opposition players. There were times with sixteen opposition players inside our attacking forward fifty over the last two weeks, lots of them.
In days gone by, it was called flooding. Maybe this term has now been consigned to the archives due to the severe flooding the EAst Coast has received.
It was frowned upn back then, but todays experts on TV have called it clever coaching.

The thing I miss most by being a Freo supporter is fun, it's a fun free zone.
It was fun because the expectations were low and there was less accountability.

We've been in the comp long enough. And yes we've been unlucky at times but there's been plenty of opportunities to get our s**t together. It's a good thing the fans are demanding high standards.

heave ho!

Pressure also creates catastrophic earthquakes

Just saying

DOCKERS
B: Cox, Pearce, Chapman
HB: Young, Ryan, Wilson
C: Clark, Brodie, Aish
HF: Switkowski, Treacy, Frederick
F: Schultz, Fyfe, Jackson
FOLL: Darcy, Brayshaw, Serong

I/C: O’Meara, Walters, Henry, O'Driscoll
Sub: Sturt

In: O'Driscoll, Walters, Treacy, Fyfe
Out: Hughes, Taberner, Banfield, Amiss

O'Driscoll in for Hughes (terms of a defensive winger, Hughes was just cover until NOD's return). Walters and Fyfe back in as Best 22 players and we'll need both to keep Barass/McGovern honest this week. Gone with Treacy over Amiss since something's clearly an issue with Taberner, being subbed off twice now at 3/4 time and physically Treacy offers more as a lead-up CHF than Amiss does at this stage. Banfield's another option also, but unfortunately he's spot as medium forward/utility is filled by Fyfe.

O'Meara's the odd one, since with NOD in it frees up Aish to help with the clearances. Plus he's also competing with Brodie for midfield time, whom I rate as our best clearance player currently. Is it worth looking at dropping for say an Amiss and going for an athletic/tall-ish forwardline? Amiss/Resting Ruck/Schultz/Fyfe/Frederick doesn't feel overly tall and offers several decent marking options (with Treacy up the ground). Tough to say since our biggest issues is our clearances and forward entries.

Sturt for the sub because why not? Quick, good goal sense and a great chance to get a taste for the main level after so long out. Could be electric coming on late running through high half forward.

Good problems to have, honestly would be happy seeing Taberner rested and NOD back in the team 🤣

DOCKERS
B: Cox, Pearce, Chapman
HB: Young, Ryan, Wilson
C: Clark, Brodie, Aish
HF: Switkowski, Treacy, Frederick
F: Schultz, Fyfe, Jackson
FOLL: Darcy, Brayshaw, Serong

I/C: O’Meara, Walters, Henry, O'Driscoll
Sub: Sturt

In: O'Driscoll, Walters, Treacy, Fyfe
Out: Hughes, Taberner, Banfield, Amiss

O'Driscoll in for Hughes (terms of a defensive winger, Hughes was just cover until NOD's return). Walters and Fyfe back in as Best 22 players and we'll need both to keep Barass/McGovern honest this week. Gone with Treacy over Amiss since something's clearly an issue with Taberner, being subbed off twice now at 3/4 time and physically Treacy offers more as a lead-up CHF than Amiss does at this stage. Banfield's another option also, but unfortunately he's spot as medium forward/utility is filled by Fyfe.

O'Meara's the odd one, since with NOD in it frees up Aish to help with the clearances. Plus he's also competing with Brodie for midfield time, whom I rate as our best clearance player currently. Is it worth looking at dropping for say an Amiss and going for an athletic/tall-ish forwardline? Amiss/Resting Ruck/Schultz/Fyfe/Frederick doesn't feel overly tall and offers several decent marking options (with Treacy up the ground). Tough to say since our biggest issues is our clearances and forward entries.

Sturt for the sub because why not? Quick, good goal sense and a great chance to get a taste for the main level after so long out. Could be electric coming on late running through high half forward.

Good problems to have, honestly would be happy seeing Taberner rested and NOD back in the team 🤣

I like it, but I still say let’s just go hell for leather and play all the new forwards Sturt Amiss and Treacy. What the heel do we have to lose at this stage? Can’t be any worse than what we’ve put forward so far.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes: Round 3 Vs West Coast Eagles + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back