Changes Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

He was poor on the weekend but wasn't our worst... In fact was one of our best in the 2nd half really. But agree with the decision. This week I either wanted to see Morton dropped, or named on the wing. The former has happened. Hopefully the latter is next week...

Honestly this club is very harsh on some players, very lenient on others. Morton has been better than Edwards, conca, Helbig, and we know can kick goals, as reported Houli and Grigg have had games where they didn't lay tackles.

Mitch treated very harsh and Hardwick has backed away from playing him up the wing, as we know he is a proven goal kicker and can be a cringing
Goal kicker. Tuck is also very stiff to miss out.

Happy with Thursty and Miller in

agreed lynchy, would have thought helbig, edwards or even conca all could have warranted a spell..MM played a shocker but sheesh as did 16 others and some of them aint played a good one yet:eek:...amazing

**shakes head**

Nothing like a 86kg stick KPD (in his 7th AFL season) to sure up the defence ... LMAO ...

Thursfield = list clogger

Honestly this club is very harsh on some players, very lenient on others. Morton has been better than Edwards, conca, Helbig, and we know can kick goals, as reported Houli and Grigg have had games where they didn't lay tackles.

Mitch treated very harsh and Hardwick has backed away from playing him up the wing, as we know he is a proven goal kicker and can be a cringing
Goal kicker. Tuck is also very stiff to miss out.

Happy with Thursty and Miller in

Don't agree about Morton lynchy. I though for a senior player last week he applied the least pressure and his endevour was deplorable.
You're right he may be stiff in that they have changed his role though.

Happy with the ins also as it's not like it was a choice between Miller and Griffiths.

Thursty deserves another crack at it. He'd have to have a good season to be around next year. Let's see what he comes up with.

I like how we aren't drastically chopping and changing the team every week, it's actually quite refreshing. I like Thursfield and I'm pleased to see he's getting run, we need extra height against the damaging pies forward line.

I don't feel Morton should be dropped for 1 poor performance. I doesn't make sense to leave him out of a side that struggles for multiple goal kickers, however I like the inclusion of Miller.

Tuck should be playing IMO. He could easily slot into Edwards' role on the wing, and could also slip forward if needed.

Yawn. 100 point spanking coming up with our without Miller. His inclusion just lessens interest in the match for me. Not interested in still seeing recycled hacks run around for Richmond.

Edwards definitely has photos or does Hardwick's laundry on a daily basis. Houli would be close. They seem to be favourites of his. Morton always seems to be the scapegoat.

Im happy with the changes. 2 of our most experienced available to play the reigning premiers is just good commonsense.

Morton needs a massive rocket and being dropped will deliver. Connors needs a mini rocket and is getting it. Edwards disposal has been ordinary, but at least he is having a crack. If he doesn’t have his best game yet this week then next week can go back to the burgers.

Dawes and Cloke demanded experience, and as much as im no Thursty fan he was the obvious. And im glad Miller gets an early run to show if he can give us anything. With Moore, McGuane, Rance out, Post out of form, Griff not ready, Goo just not being up to it, this is the best time to give him a crack. I would like to see him have a run in defense on Dawes and let Grimes play loose like he did 2 weeks back for the Burgers.

Edwards sould have got dropped. :thumbsdown: Miller should not be playing.

In fairness, he was the sub last week and played just over a quarter of football. Im happy for him to stay in the side

Spewing that tuck ist playing, really starting to irritate me. And it irritates me more when peple saying 'we're saving him for the more winnable games'. JUST PLAY HIM DIMMA!

Well with Miller playing I hope he starts on the ground. No point sitting him on the bench he can't be included in any sort of rotation, start forward early and if things get out of hand play him lose in the backline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yawn. 100 point spanking coming up with our without Miller. His inclusion just lessens interest in the match for me. Not interested in still seeing recycled hacks run around for Richmond.

Edwards definitely has photos or does Hardwick's laundry on a daily basis. Houli would be close. They seem to be favourites of his. Morton always seems to be the scapegoat.

Agree with the bolded parts 100%.
Miller isn't going to change this game one bit, so why bother with him?
He is a nothing part of our future, everyone knows that, even the coaching staff.

I'm all for winning and putting the best 22 forward, but I don't think Miller offers more than whoever else we'd play in his spot, but takes a lot out of our development. Didn't want to see him play one game all year, dissapointed to see him in so early.

I dislike people's attitudes on some selections like miller.

You have to be idiots to think dimma is not looking for the best possible way to win Tomorrow night..

Personally I wish all the best to miller and I hope he kicks a bag :thumbsu:

GO TIGERS!!!!

Looks like we're going to play Miller as the sub, as both White and Nahas deserve full games on current form and after standing Buddy last week I'd like to see Grimes get another decent crack at it as well.

Personally though I would much rather the following lineup:

B: Chris Newman, David Astbury, Dylan Grimes

HB: Brett Deledio, Will Thursfield, Jake Batchelor

C: Trent Cotchin, Dustin Martin, Shane Edwards

HF: Jake King, Brad Miller, Shaun Grigg

F: Bradley Helbig, Jack Riewoldt, Tyrone Vickery

Foll: Angus Graham, Daniel Jackson, Nathan Foley

I/C: Matthew White, Robin Nahas, Bachar Houli

SUB: Reece Conca

Gives us good structure both forward and back and plenty of run off the bench, also allows Conca to come on in the second half when the sting has gone out of the game and perhaps get to spend a little bit of time running through the middle.

Hmm is it just me or do people think this will be like the blues game? .. We need to go into this game with fire ...

Go tigers :thumbsu:

Out of that 6 who will get Blair? I reckon Dimma will still go with Conca and sub Helbig or Edwards again and Grimes will be a loose man
Newman or Batchelor for mine. Blair doesn't strike me as an overly dangerous crafty goal sneak like a Betts or Milne are. Last week he was lucky enough to be in the right spot at the right time to get the goals. I reckon Newman or Batchelor would be able to handle him and still get out and set up plenty of rebound out of our backline.

Newman or Batchelor for mine. Blair doesn't strike me as an overly dangerous crafty goal sneak like a Betts or Milne are. Last week he was lucky enough to be in the right spot at the right time to get the goals. I reckon Newman or Batchelor would be able to handle him and still get out and set up plenty of rebound out of our backline.

Not luck at all.

Blaire is a smart footballer who works hard. You have to be in that side otherwise you don't get a gig...

I reckon Conca or Batchelor to go with him. Newman to Didak.

Personnally I would like to see Conca in the middle, he is a liability in defense (learning accountability, I know). I say let him loose

Im happy with the changes. 2 of our most experienced available to play the reigning premiers is just good commonsense.

Morton needs a massive rocket and being dropped will deliver. Connors needs a mini rocket and is getting it. Edwards disposal has been ordinary, but at least he is having a crack. If he doesn’t have his best game yet this week then next week can go back to the burgers.

Dawes and Cloke demanded experience, and as much as im no Thursty fan he was the obvious. And im glad Miller gets an early run to show if he can give us anything. With Moore, McGuane, Rance out, Post out of form, Griff not ready, Goo just not being up to it, this is the best time to give him a crack. I would like to see him have a run in defense on Dawes and let Grimes play loose like he did 2 weeks back for the Burgers.
Pretty much sums up my views as well Bazzar. Morton just lacked intensity last week inthe first half. A few times he waited for the ball to come to him or tried to do his tricks instead of just going hard for the ball. Others may have played worse, but his attack on the ball was worse than anyones. He is better than that and he lifted his intensity inthe second half, but obviously he is being sent a message.

Agree with thursty as well. I'm no fan either but he adds a bit better structure down back and hopefully will give Astbury or Grimes some licence to run off their opponents.

On Edwards, his form has been down but he at least gave us some run once he was subbed on last week. I can see him playing that role again this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back