Changes Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Its interesting when you have a go at Nahas there is nothing that can be said to change your opinion of him. Doesn't matter if I say that I've seen Nahas do things at the game that don't get shown on TV, or produce stats to show that he is doing what is being asked of him. He always will be nothing more than a sub standard player in your view.

Yet when it comes to one of our 'stars' or 'good' ball users like Cotchin rather than address what appear to be flaws currently in his game questions just get thrown up like who would you prefer to have the ball or who has the better upside. Its not just you that do it either, I've been guilty of it, as have plenty of others on the board.

this one you can be sure i will get back to.

Lucky for us you're not on the MC Santa otherwise we would have missed out on Lids brilliant game on Goddard and probably 2 premiership points. I don't want to go back to the days of a player has 1 bad game so they are dropped, a replacement is brought in who has an average game so they are then dropped for the senior bloke who was dropped and picked up 30 nothing possies in the VFL... Give these blokes the coaching and the message just as you said but they need chances Santa... dropping 4 blokes every week equals losses plain and simple.

and this one just quickly.
you never heard of short term pain for long term gain no i doubt it all you can see is a scoreline.

What did we lack last week? Run and strength at the contest.

What do we do about it? Bring in Miller and Thursfield. :rolleyes:

We either need to take the game as a learning exercise, expose as many kids as we can to the way Collingwood play and forget about the scoreboard, or pick the best 22 and take the game up to them.

This bizarre selection makes no sense on either front.

Don't agree with the match selection committee yet again, but good luck to the two blokes coming into the side.

We either need to take the game as a learning exercise, expose as many kids as we can to the way Collingwood play and forget about the scoreboard, or pick the best 22 and take the game up to them.

Don't agree with the match selection committee yet again, but good luck to the two blokes coming into the side.

You're spot on here. Read our mark tally last week was the least since 1999. We don't run and spread from the contest enough or rack up enough uncontested possessions/marks. Also one of the bottom teams for overall possessions. Collingwood are the best team in this area by a fair way and will expose us. They look to have a lot more options to rotate through the middle, we look limited.

With the way we have been starting games it could be over by quarter time very easily. Let's just hope Collingwood stay in 2nd gear, records could be broken if they want to boost their %.

If we're going to learn Ray, we may as well at least go in with a good structure to make it that little easier to learn. The Pies have 3 talls that can rotate through the F50, so it makes sense to have 3 tall defenders. We also need to take some pressure off Jack, adding Miller will hopefully allow this to happen, at the same time it also provides us with flexibility in that we could move Astbury up forward as well.

As for the changes, not surprised that Morton went out, there were a number of occassions last week where he needed to make a contest and try and lock the ball in the F50 and he simply opted not to go, as Hardwick said on his appointment, one of his key rules was that when its your turn to go for the hard ball you go. Morton clearly didn't do that and has paid the price.

Not a bad call Razor...

Last week our forward pressure was very ordinary. We had more inside 50's yet lost to the Hawks by over 60 points. I was expecting the selectors to bring in players that could provide that pressure and lock in it (Tuck/Nason)

I agree with giving Conners a spell...the INS this week leave me feeling as though we've gone too tall...and it looks like a dry night ahead.

Maybe...just maybe...a late change (Grimes for Nason or Tuck)

Agree with the bolded parts 100%.
Miller isn't going to change this game one bit, so why bother with him?
He is a nothing part of our future, everyone knows that, even the coaching staff.

I'm all for winning and putting the best 22 forward, but I don't think Miller offers more than whoever else we'd play in his spot, but takes a lot out of our development. Didn't want to see him play one game all year, dissapointed to see him in so early.

I think Miller is playing for 2 reasons.
1. to have some bigger bodies against the Pies.
2. to see how the forward structure looks with a CHF there.

When Grifiths is fit, Miller will be out regardless of how he goes until that point.

Really annoys me that they dropped Morton and didn't persist. We got flogged and he played deep forward. If Hardwick actually plays him on the wing where he should spend most of his time we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Hardwick has favourites and it's obvious he doesn't like Morton or Tuck......

See Rayzor, we do agree about things! These would have been 2 blokes I would not have picked this week either.... in fact probably for the season, unless there was a dire need and all else available was injured or suspended. I suppose this is why Thursty??? Still don't get it though, I guess they know what they are doing...

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back