Changes Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs v Brisbane - Revenge of the short people.

Our forward line is a shambles. If it doesn't rain Saturday.... :mad:

Dropping Rawlings seems like a mistake to me. He was starting to regain confidence, kicked two goals, should have been given one more week to show some improvement in my opinion.

Good to see Robbins back - just the sort of player we'll need in our forward line if we try and beat the Lions in the same way the Hawks did.

It'll be interesting to see what Eade does with Rawlings over the next few weeks. I thought the couple of goals he kicked against Geelong were relatively team-lifting. The best case scenario would be the type of turnaround that happened with Joel Bowden. I guess the worst case scenario is that he never gets his groove back. I must say, he looks a bit heavy to me...

Rodney Eade said:
It's a combination of his form, which hasn't been great, the lack of a natural Brisbane opponent and the need to reward players who are playing well. Adam Morgan has been playing very well for Werribee, he was best on ground last week, and he deserves a game

Interestingly he doesnt mention that Skipper has been in form recently. I cant understand this at all. Rawlings and Griff both need to go back and play a couple of full games for Werribee and come back more match fit and more confident.

Lucky Star said:
It'll be interesting to see what Eade does with Rawlings over the next few weeks. I thought the couple of goals he kicked against Geelong were relatively team-lifting. The best case scenario would be the type of turnaround that happened with Joel Bowden. I guess the worst case scenario is that he never gets his groove back. I must say, he looks a bit heavy to me...

And he's no Nathan Saunders.

Anja_Nees said:
Skipper has probably been given his last chance and he has shown that he can be a handy back-up ruckman.

I'm not the greatest judge of ruck work, but I thought he struggled against Chambers and Blake last week. We had to keep getting Street back in the ruck.

C.E.Lovett said:
Skipper's going to kill 'em. Tear 'em apart.

Just wait.

Those Lions think they are in for a nice meal of tender young Bulldog. Ha ha ha, we'll grab 'em by the throat and squeeze the life out of them.

Skipper will crash through dummy Brown and revenge skipper Grant from last year. Then Skipper'll kick a bag of goals. Farren Ray will play a blinder and pip big Will for the week's Rising Star Award.

Our Midfield will dominate.

Bulldogs to win by about 5 goals.

Rawlings had to go because he has lately been lacking decisiveness and has been unable to act or decide quickly or firmly. He became a don't kick it to me man. He can play twice as good as he has been lately. A confidence boosting run in the twos will see him return with renewed vigour and turn him into a match winner. We need match winners to help us through the finals.

Hahaha oh I wish!
My 7 year old cousin would intimidate Skipper I reckon.

I hope all our players take the next step - something we've all been saying for 3 years. I hope Skipper performs but in my eyes he is in the same field as Trent Bartlett and Kingsley Hunter and Daniel Bandy (if he doesn't start showing heart).

IMO it's time for Street to repay the second round draft pick we payed for him to advance his career. As much as he is bagged I think he is key for the rest of this year with the scray stringing a few together.

gridlocked said:
Hahaha oh I wish!
My 7 year old cousin would intimidate Skipper I reckon.

No bowelblocked

He might intimidate Bandy, Street and maybe even Rawlings : but never SKIPPER.

Who else would you replace your skipper with , no one else but another SKIPPER.

gridlocked said:
Brisbane will be loving the look of this side. Michael and Leppitch will tear Skipper a new one. IMO Skipper is rubbish. Would have preferred Walsh getting a go. We have no genuine forward targets to kick it to, which Rawlings have provided. Johnson is our only hope.

rawlings is not the first emergency, so O U T spells OUT for him.

Perhaps if we are going the small forward line tactic again, it is to deprive Leppitch and Michael a suitably sized opponent?

As much as I hate the 'posession game' it is the only tactic that seems to work against brisbane, hence hawthorn giving them a belting recently. i.e. brisbane will dominate the contests, so deprive them of a contest.

I think we are a chance to win this one if we hold our own at the stopages, and reduce our turnovers, and above all, kick accurately. We have the fitness and the speed to run brisbane into the ground, but everything has to go right.

Borgsta said:
Interestingly he doesnt mention that Skipper has been in form recently. I cant understand this at all. Rawlings and Griff both need to go back and play a couple of full games for Werribee and come back more match fit and more confident.

but skipper has been in shocking form
when bandy was dropped to werribee he was almost put in Werribees 2s
Eade rates skipper So hes getting a game
hes not getting a game on form but a game on what he could do

WE WANT WALSH

bogan4life said:
but skipper has been in shocking form
when bandy was dropped to werribee he was almost put in Werribees 2s
Eade rates skipper So hes getting a game
hes not getting a game on form but a game on what he could do

You never know Bogun - that just might be the thing that Skipper needs right now - someone to have faith in him rather than the usual remedial approach of playing him a grade below ... One things for sure, he's got nothing to lose but go out & play like theres no tommorrow.

And you are correct ... Its time for Walsh..

Cheers - Pete

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stefoid said:
As much as I hate the 'posession game' it is the only tactic that seems to work against brisbane, hence hawthorn giving them a belting recently. i.e. brisbane will dominate the contests, so deprive them of a contest.

I think we are a chance to win this one if we hold our own at the stopages, and reduce our turnovers, and above all, kick accurately. We have the fitness and the speed to run brisbane into the ground, but everything has to go right.

I agree, in fact if Darcy hadn't got injured I was going to tip us, and I'm still very tempted to part with some cash.

Atm I think we match up against Brisbane much better than Essendon as we can run and run and run, which the hawks and eagles did to great effect. If we don't get blown away early we are a good chance still I reckon, especially if Black and Copeland are out...

Bradshaw out

Just announced on channel 7 in Brisbane Daniel Bradshaw is out of tomorrow's nights game due to continual back soreness. Also stated that Black must still pass a fitness test.

Where do we play Morgan now with Bradshaw out and assuming Harris takes Brown. Hes hardly set the world on fire as a forward has he? Ah well, worth a punt I suppose.

he's had 1 quarter, and it only got in the vacinity 3 times not once was it kicked well to him. Not much he can do with that. But i think he should be in defence, and morgan too.

I noticed in this years footy record Morgans weight is recorded at being about 6-7 kilos lighter than last year.
Looks like Adam may have put in a big pre-season getting rid of some fat and getting into shape. We may see a marked improvement from what we saw of him last year.

Rawlins out is good news.

Eade is sorting through the chaff (read Skipper, Morgan, etc) as now that Darcy is gone the season is screwed - not that we were going to win more than 8 games with Darcy anyway. Without Darcy we are a sniff of getting a priority pick (5 or less games). Eade's selection policy will make sure of it.

I just hope he finds some wheat in the chaff because Rawlins, Bowden, Bandy, Street, Morgan and Skipper all look awfully "chaff-like" to me...Hopefully Wight, Williams and Walsh show something when they get a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back