Changes v Carlton - IN: Tyson, Harmes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salem doesn't tackle or attack packs with great velocity like Viney or Oliver etc. because of his build. He doesn't have the fast twitch fibres and is constatly battling his thyroid issue.

He never shirks the contest. Casey prelim is a case in point, he went head over the ball and got the shit concussed out of him. If he needs to go he will but its in our teams best interest to have him delivering the ball and not sitting on the sidelines.

O.Mac is the most nervous player I have ever seen. I don't see much difference between him and Cale Morton if I'm being brutally honest.
No difference between Morton and O Mac? Right because Morton was constantly going back with the flight to spoil it OOB and taking on gorilla key forwards at 20. Yeah O Mac gets a bit nervy with ball in hands sometimes but to compare him to Cale Morton is just a complete injustice to the kid. No one with the courage and fortitude of Cale would be getting a game in this team. Worst post of the year.

Salem's not too far off at this stage either, unfortunately.
Actually cancel that, this might be worse. If Salem is a little shy towards contact it might be because of the concussions but I've seen nothing from him to indicate such an extreme and dare i say ridiculous statement. Also he's an outside guy, we don't need him throwing himself into packs and laying 10 tackles a game, we have Jones, Viney, Tyson and Oliver for that.

A bit surprised at these posts after a terrific performance. O Mac is gonna have some iffy games and certainly isn't the most trusted with ball in hand but for his age and build he does a damn fine job at full back IMO and he's going to play a lot of games so you haters best get used to it...

[QUOTE="Tempy Tiger, post: 49316733, member: 31036"

How you feeling about Goody now Stabler?[/QUOTE]

I thought he nailed selections and his match day coaching was superior to his predecessor. You couldn't really have asked for a better result for your first game as senior coach.

I'm still a little concerned about some of Goodwin's preseason decisions, I think Nate Jones should be sole captain, but it hasn't appeared to affect his form at all.

If we roll Carlton next week I'll have greater confidence that he is right man for the job.

No surprise that the two guys most of us wanted playing were 2 of the 3 best performers on the day.

16 inside-50s is insane for Tyson. That would be an equal-record for an individual if it happened in the AFL. St Kilda had 44 in total on Saturday.

Clearly haven't seen the game but that's insane, would hope it's not just him winning clearances and belting it forward every time

Salem's not too far off at this stage either, unfortunately.
There's nothing nervous about Salem. The most calculated user of the ball at the club.
Avoiding getting hit in the head after the run he has had shows smarts more than anything. He has a job to do and he executes it brilliantly. Crashing packs is not part of his work scope. We are very lucky to have him in the side.

It sounds silly but Carlton is the perfect test for us this week. It's the kind of match we would/did lose under Roos.

I know there'll be anger from some if we don't win by a big score but honestly I'll be happy with any win, one point or five goals or whatever.

It's a great test to see if Goodwin really has the players on board - are we prepared to put in the hard work to earn the result or do we still expect things to fall our way because our tyres have been pumped up by the media all week.

It sounds silly but Carlton is the perfect test for us this week. It's the kind of match we would/did lose under Roos.

I know there'll be anger from some if we don't win by a big score but honestly I'll be happy with any win, one point or five goals or whatever.

It's a great test to see if Goodwin really has the players on board - are we prepared to put in the hard work to earn the result or do we still expect things to fall our way because our tyres have been pumped up by the media all week.

The game plan against Carlton should just be hang back, let the defence pressure them and wait for them to spray a kick inboard.

Richmond mids were running to cut off the path of the ball early because it was so predictable. Lots and lots of fast running goals through the likes of Jeff and Hunt.

The game plan against Carlton should just be hang back, let the defence pressure them and wait for them to spray a kick inboard.

Richmond mids were running to cut off the path of the ball early because it was so predictable. Lots and lots of fast running goals through the likes of Jeff and Hunt.
I think our game plan also will hurt them a lot. Look at the damage Dusty did, and he's only one (incredibly talented) player. We had all of Nib, Brayshaw, Hannan, Jones and Petracca doing damage in that 30-50m zone. That high intensity half-forward play will be huge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe people want multiple/unforced changes. We won and won well. Everyone did what was asked of them. Someone comes in for the injured Smith other than that no changes for me.

OUT: Smith
IN: Don't know TBH. One of Tyson/Harmes/Bugg you'd think. I'd prefer to see Bugg or Harmes.

I feel like our current leadership within the team is the best since Neitz was running around, first thing Lewis said was "we'll enjoy the win for an hour or 2 then onto next week".

I'm confident we'll show up to play this time, but still slightly wary due to past psychological damage

No point in an appeal when Tyson should come back into the side anyway. It's Carlton. But everyone will have to be switched on and play their best knowing Vince is going to replace someone

Bernie suspended. What a ruddy joke!

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app
So two defenders for a call up? But who do we have left? Thank our lucky stars a defence isn't so badly needed against Carlton.

Probably means Melksham survives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back