Changes v Collingwood - In: Watts and Salem, Out: Stretch and Wagner

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood is quite simply a final for us. If we lose, the Eagles get a massive lift and IMO roll the Crows. Their supporters will be off their **** willing them a big enough score to make finals.

The only ladder manipulation relevant to the Crows is whether they play Port in week 1 of finals and that may not eventuate if Tigers win today. Crows will be hard to beat but they won't win at all costs over in the west.

Minor premiership means nothing, I'm a little worried the crows are only going to go at half pace against the Eagles especially with the weeks break to reset for week 1 of the finals

Minor premiership means nothing, I'm a little worried the crows are only going to go at half pace against the Eagles especially with the weeks break to reset for week 1 of the finals
Honestly I think if anything it's the opposite. You don't want to treat the last round as a half pace training run when you may only be playing 1 game in the next 3 weeks.

The Pies might just put the cue in the rack next week.
They are currently in the bottom 6 on the ladder.
Beating us would put them into the middle 6 and thus get a harder draw in 2018.

Just a thought.

Oh by the way I expect us to clobber them anyway.

Honestly I think if anything it's the opposite. You don't want to treat the last round as a half pace training run when you may only be playing 1 game in the next 3 weeks.

Hard to say. If they are 15 points down at 3/4 time and sloans a little sore I doubt they would push him or for the game

When we were in ascendancy we locked it in and forced turnovers from Brisbane's disposals coming out of the 50 by hand and foot. When we were bad we let Brisbane run from one end to the other without a single demon breaking into more than a jog. I reckon I know which one of those scenarios picking Jack Watts pushes us closer to.

Fair enough, it should say enough that we're doing it hot and cold without him though...

The brief 5-7 mins we dominated the game at different stages was when our pressure was high and all control was very good. When it dropped off we looked like a bottom 6 side. We looked nervous, but we didn't overly panic and managed to do enough to win the game.

No way does Watts come in, main reason we won today was pressure in our forward line. Watts is a total liability in that regard.
Agree with your statement regarding Watts up forward but surely he's too good a player to leave out? I'm sure he'd do a better than job than Stretch or Wagner playing outside in the midfield. Watts is our best user of the ball. Would be dangerous if he floated forward as well.

Absolutely, even stronger reason for him not coming in. We can't carry him.

We'll see mate, I don't think we can say that any player in our forward line has been consistent all year with pressure bar Nibs

Please. Main reason we won today was because Hogan had a monstrous game. Our forward pressure - with the exception of Pedersen oddly enough - was average. Garlett and Hannan both had shit games. I'd advocate for Kennedy in next week, but his papers are obviously stamped.
I agree our forward line pressure was horrible, time after time brisbane cleared the ball out of defense with so much ease, sometimes coast to coast. The only times we looked like we pressured them was only after they stuff the kicks up. I have no idea what has happened to garlett, every time the ball hits the deck he either loses his feet, or just fumbles it's like some cartoon alien took away his ability.

Without Frost and Watts, we have limited talls to (a) cover Gawn in the ruck and (b) change things up if either our KPFs are struggling or the opposition are firing.

I like the idea of Frost replacing Wagner, and then TMac/Pedo can both swing either way and/or cover Gawn.

Without Frost and Watts, we have limited talls to (a) cover Gawn in the ruck and (b) change things up if either our KPFs are struggling or the opposition are firing.

I like the idea of Frost replacing Wagner, and then TMac/Pedo can both swing either way and/or cover Gawn.

We got smashed in the air today, need another tall fo sho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would think our best 22 with players who didn't suit up today would include Frost, Watts, Salem and Viney right? From who was playing today, can we find the space for all 4 of these blokes? You'd drop Wagner and Stretch as obvious choices at this stage, but honestly after that it gets very difficult to decide who to drop....

Thoughts?

We were getting smashed in the air with both Frost and Watts in the side. Our aerial contest is something that is really letting us down this season. As i said in another post, you can get away with it like we did in the West Coast game, but it's really costing us

Collingwood is quite simply a final for us. If we lose, the Eagles get a massive lift and IMO roll the Crows. Their supporters will be off their **** willing them a big enough score to make finals.

The only ladder manipulation relevant to the Crows is whether they play Port in week 1 of finals and that may not eventuate if Tigers win today. Crows will be hard to beat but they won't win at all costs over in the west.
True, but WCE aren't that good and no way Adelaide wants to lose two in a row going into a weeks break before finals. Will be nearly a month of footy with no win. Pretty confident the Crows will be doing all they can for a win. Having said that, we surely must beat the pies.

We were getting smashed in the air with both Frost and Watts in the side. Our aerial contest is something that is really letting us down this season. As i said in another post, you can get away with it like we did in the West Coast game, but it's really costing us
Yeah the Lions talls cut us to ribbons. So noticeable at the ground. Hogan and Pedo did well, but today I saw first hand why we are chasing Lever.

True, but WCE aren't that good and no way Adelaide wants to lose two in a row going into a weeks break before finals. Will be nearly a month of footy with no win. Pretty confident the Crows will be doing all they can for a win. Having said that, we surely must beat the pies.
Also the crows will remember last year WC cost them a top 4 spot in the last round. I'm sure Adelaide would love to get back into some form and get some revenge by knocking the eagles out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back