Preview Changes v Geelong round 17

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm going to agree with Danster and the power man and say it's time to drop BBB. It's obvious we are not going to play to his strengths, so why bother playing him?

Bring in JVR, let's see what he's got.
I don't like us bombing the ball to deep forward.

Yesterday most of our 2nd half goals came from chaos ball, at around the half forwardline. This is where our small and medium forwards and wings, pressured the ball, until we got it on our terms.

So having the slow tall BBB is a waste, at the moment.
Our forward mobility won us the game, from goal scooring point of view.

I could see Weide/Gawn and JvR rolling around the F50 at different times, proving more of a headache for the defenders than Our current setup.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm going to agree with Danster and the power man and say it's time to drop BBB. It's obvious we are not going to play to his strengths, so why bother playing him?

Bring in JVR, let's see what he's got.
I don’t think that bringing in a first year KPF and asking him to play the role of splitting contests when you are going to be outnumbered and the target of dump kicks down the line is a good thing to do, for him or the team. I’m not against giving JVR a run in addition to Brown but not instead of. Brown simply needs to do better than he currently is, and he has time.

The Brown criticism reminds me of the heat Tom Lynch was getting at Richmond not very long ago. Every time asked, Dimma said he does an important role for the team, it’s not about how many he kicks and backed him in. Lynch is obviously a better player but their role and system is very similar.

I don’t think that bringing in a first year KPF and asking him to play the role of splitting contests when you are going to be outnumbered and the target of dump kicks down the line is a good thing to do, for him or the team. I’m not against giving JVR a run in addition to Brown but not instead of. Brown simply needs to do better than he currently is, and he has time.

The Brown criticism reminds me of the heat Tom Lynch was getting at Richmond not very long ago. Every time asked, Dimma said he does an important role for the team, it’s not about how many he kicks and backed him in. Lynch is obviously a better player but their role and system is very similar.
Yep get what you are saying and agree.

My thoughts stem more from frustration that we continually drop it on his head, when he is not a contested marker. If we changed the style of our entries I have no doubt he would flourish, but evidence so far this season suggests we will continue to not deliver the ball to our forwards advantage in the forward 50.

Chandler with 29d & 5g needs to be rewarded with a spot. Good for the culture of the whole squad to reward players when they play games like that. Pickett a week to rest up or Bedford would be the unlucky ones.

Really well said. We all want to see JVR - I was calling for us to pick him before the draft FFS and he's doing everything right - but he's not going to come in and change our fortunes straight away because of his potential. If we kick to BBB on the lead in space, he'll mark and kick 3-4 most weeks. We need to work out why our delivery isn't allowing that, and that's not just on the midfield - it's on the forward line to make space for him too. And, most importantly, it's on BBB to find a way to present himself in this way. Throwing JVR in is unlikely to solve everything straight away.

JVR is a contested beast with good follow up at ground level. he doesn't need it served up to him on a platter like BB and M.Brown do. he would suit our style of forward entries a lot better imo. he has the strength already but i reckon his fitness to strongly run out games is the only thing holding him back a bit at this stage.

In- Gawn, Jackson
Out- Weideman

B Hibberd May Lever
HB Salem Petty Brayshaw
C Langdon Oliver Jordan
HF Pickett M.Brown ANB
F Spargo B.Brown Fritsch
FOLL: Gawn Viney Petrecca
I/C: Jackson, Harmes, Bowey, Sparroa
Sub: Bedford

In- Gawn, Jackson
Out- Weideman

B Hibberd May Lever
HB Salem Petty Brayshaw
C Langdon Oliver Jordan
HF Pickett M.Brown ANB
F Spargo B.Brown Fritsch
thanks Essendon fan for your input :thumbsu:

In- Gawn, Jackson
Out- Weideman

B Hibberd May Lever
HB Salem Petty Brayshaw
C Langdon Oliver Jordan
HF Pickett M.Brown ANB
F Spargo B.Brown Fritsch
I reckon if both of Gawn and Jackson get up that Weid and M Brown go out. Good team otherwise.

In- Gawn, Jackson
Out- Weideman

B Hibberd May Lever
HB Salem Petty Brayshaw
C Langdon Oliver Jordan
HF Pickett M.Brown ANB
F Spargo B.Brown Fritsch

I like that Tom Sparrow is finally embracing his Maori heritage and calling himself Sparroa

Surprised many thing Dogga could get up. Did Goody say something in his presser to indicate that could be the case?

Havent heard boo either way, its very strange.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay so this is the only thing I found.

Doesn't indicate a return time but does say it wasn't serious and injury was mild enough that Jackson could do a fitness test before gameday v Adelaide.

Last edited:
Okay so this is the only thing I found.

Doesn't indicate a return time but does say it wasn't serious and injury was mild enough that Jackson could do a fitness test on game day v Adelaide.

No one asked Goody in his presser? Useless media if so.

They asked about Gawn

No one asked Goody in his presser? Useless media if so.

They asked about Gawn
Most of them had fallen asleep by the time they had to ask him that question.

Most of them had fallen asleep by the time they had to ask him that question.

are you saying the Ro-bo-Goody-3000 repeats the same answers? How dare you! Next upgrade with new catchy words coming in December, ready for the 2023 season.

are you saying the Ro-bo-Goody-3000 repeats the same answers? How dare you! Next upgrade with new catchy words coming in December, ready for the 2023 season.
Goody could just send a decoy to his next presser and no one would tell the difference

118960.jpg

Lid will be tossed out the window if we win this one.
Want to keep our winning streak up against this mob. We were their bunnies for too long.

The Brown criticism reminds me of the heat Tom Lynch was getting at Richmond not very long ago. Every time asked, Dimma said he does an important role for the team, it’s not about how many he kicks and backed him in.
BBBrown was a lot better last year, after spending much time twiddling his thumbs in Casey's forwardline. His intensity had been poor, And guess what. imo, same again.
The only difference is TMc is missing this time.

JvR could play the TMc role. very similar, imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes v Geelong round 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Back