Preview Changes v Geelong round 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Weids cooked as. He's 25 now he should be in his prime but he's getting worse
Never played more than 14 games in a year
Averaged 1 goal, 1.2 contest marks and 1.4 inside 50

His statistics are currently worse than Michael Newton.

Needs to either try and learn to play defense or hope what ever he studied at uni is hiring cause he needs to go at the end of the season.

Weids cooked as. He's 25 now he should be in his prime but he's getting worse
Never played more than 14 games in a year
Averaged 1 goal, 1.2 contest marks and 1.4 inside 50

His statistics are currently worse than Michael Newton.

Needs to either try and learn to play defense or hope what ever he studied at uni is hiring cause he needs to go at the end of the season.
I thought he was ok on the weekend but that’s just because my expectations of him are rock bottom. So if he doesn’t stand out as horrifically bad, it’s a win. He doesn’t even seem to attempt to mark the ball anymore. I get the feeling he’s only playing because we’re desperately short in the ruck, when Goodwin and co picked Mitch Brown ahead of him a few weeks ago it spoke volumes.

Mitch Brown took 4 marks inside 50 which is more than BBB has taken since round 1. In fact Brown has only taken more than 1 in 4 of his 15 games. There's a very real chance his cliff has found him because he's nothing like the player he was even last year let alone his prime.

I thought he was ok on the weekend but that’s just because my expectations of him are rock bottom. So if he doesn’t stand out as horrifically bad, it’s a win. He doesn’t even seem to attempt to mark the ball anymore. I get the feeling he’s only playing because we’re desperately short in the ruck, when Goodwin and co picked Mitch Brown ahead of him a few weeks ago it spoke volumes.
How was he even slightly ok? He didn't even stop his opponent Riley O'Brien ****ing flogged him. He took one contested mark for the game and gave away 3 FKs. He wasn't even ok he was one of our worst performed.

How was he even slightly ok? He didn't even stop his opponent Riley O'Brien ******* flogged him. He took one contested mark for the game and gave away 3 FKs. He wasn't even ok he was one of our worst performed.
He was picked because we had no one else . He plays like a bloke who has no idea what he is supposed to be . I think somewhere under that inferiority complex if he is given a definite role he will do it . Who knows how the coaches rates his contributions .

Cats v demons on Thursday night . If it was the Pies V Cats Eddie would have bitched to the AFL until it was moved to MCG . We just take it up the arse ! Come on Pert , take a stand for us !! . The AFL has poked us up the arse we just take it ? We are the Premiers FFS . Why are we copping the crap thrown at us ? ****ing man up you soft pricks !!

Cats v demons on Thursday night . If it was the Pies V Cats Eddie would have bitched to the AFL until it was moved to MCG . We just take it up the arse ! Come on Pert , take a stand for us !! . The AFL has poked us up the arse we just take it ? We are the Premiers FFS . Why are we copping the crap thrown at us ? ******* man up you soft pricks !!

its hard to argue when we only get 20- 30k at most games :$

He was picked because we had no one else . He plays like a bloke who has no idea what he is supposed to be . I think somewhere under that inferiority complex if he is given a definite role he will do it . Who knows how the coaches rates his contributions .
I kind of agree as he has trained as a forward, but he would’ve been told exactly what was expected of him against Adelaide.

All he needed to do was compete and not get slaughtered in the ruck and at the down the line kicks. He couldn’t do that. It’s lucky that O’Brien was horrendous with ball in hand and Melbourne’s mids were so good the ruck smashing was nullified.

Weid has also had plenty of chances playing his trained role in the seniors, and he just doesn’t compete consistently enough.

He is a great mark when he gets a clean run at it, which is why a backline try has merit. Forwards generally don’t spend their time jostling a defender so I think he could go OK if he can learn positioning and one on one defending too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats v demons on Thursday night . If it was the Pies V Cats Eddie would have bitched to the AFL until it was moved to MCG . We just take it up the arse ! Come on Pert , take a stand for us !! . The AFL has poked us up the arse we just take it ? We are the Premiers FFS . Why are we copping the crap thrown at us ? ******* man up you soft pricks !!
Playing an away game at our opposition's home ground is taking it up the arse?

I kind of agree as he has trained as a forward, but he would’ve been told exactly what was expected of him against Adelaide.

All he needed to do was compete and not get slaughtered in the ruck and at the down the line kicks. He couldn’t do that. It’s lucky that O’Brien was horrendous with ball in hand and Melbourne’s mids were so good the ruck smashing was nullified.

Weid has also had plenty of chances playing his trained role in the seniors, and he just doesn’t compete consistently enough.

He is a great mark when he gets a clean run at it, which is why a backline try has merit. Forwards generally don’t spend their time jostling a defender so I think he could go OK if he can learn positioning and one on one defending too.

If you want to have a crack at Weid for failing to grab an opportunity as a forward over 7 years that's absolutely fair enough, we're all in that boat.

Think it's a bit nonsensical to say "all he needed to do was not get slaughtered in the ruck" when he is not a ruckman and it was absolutely inevitable he was going to get slaughtered in the ruck by an experienced ruck he's giving away significant height and craft to. If you'd asked any of our other key position players to play first ruck they also would have got slaughtered.

Weid's failing is that he drops most of the balls he gets two hands to in marking contests. IMO laying into him because he got smashed in the ruck is just kicking someone who is down and out.

Playing an away game at our opposition's home ground is taking it up the arse?
Agree in principle but it is kind of ridiculous that since 2000 we've played Geelong at KP in 18 of 22 years. Most of any side.

Not sure if I heard correctly, but 18th in Contested Marks inside forward 50?
Carn Dees!

Good ole Crazy Goody, develop an offensive game plan based around contested marking and be last in the league at it. :tearsofjoy:

If you want to have a crack at Weid for failing to grab an opportunity as a forward over 7 years that's absolutely fair enough, we're all in that boat.

Think it's a bit nonsensical to say "all he needed to do was not get slaughtered in the ruck" when he is not a ruckman and it was absolutely inevitable he was going to get slaughtered in the ruck by an experienced ruck he's giving away significant height and craft to. If you'd asked any of our other key position players to play first ruck they also would have got slaughtered.

Weid's failing is that he drops most of the balls he gets two hands to in marking contests. IMO laying into him because he got smashed in the ruck is just kicking someone who is down and out.
Second this. Weid's a flop but O'Brien is a good ruck so not surprised he lost that battle. His around the ground work was ordinary, after being pretty good the week before. I think we need to accept he'll never be more than depth and judge him in line with that.

Garry also said that Geelong didnt make excuses about everyone being sick last September, oh yes they did Garry, Chris Scott couldn't wait to get that info out as soon as his press conference started. Just cause you say "this isn't an excuse" doesn't mean it isn't

If we win, we're still a chance of top 4.

Collingwood and Richmond have very easy draws home. Meanwhile we play 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th as well as Dogs and Port in Darwin. We need to win 5 of these 7 to be in the top 4. Freo (away) and Brisbane (away) are the hardest games in the fixture so for a chance of top 4 we must beat Geelong, Carlton, Collingwood, Port and Dogs and can't drop any of these games.

Collingwood and Richmond have very easy draws home. Meanwhile we play 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th as well as Dogs and Port in Darwin. We need to win 5 of these 7 to be in the top 4. Freo (away) and Brisbane (away) are the hardest games in the fixture so for a chance of top 4 we must beat Geelong, Carlton, Collingwood, Port and Dogs and can't drop any of these games.
Doubt with our percentage that we'll need to win 17 games just to make the top four. 15 with a good percentage usually gets you in, in a tighter year like this one, 16 will still be plenty.

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back