Prediction Changes v Gold Coast ( Round 15 )

Remove this Banner Ad

JL said Erasmus still has things to work on in his presser so I doubt he is in

Kind of hinted the same with Brodie without bringing his name up too

I interpreted the presser the same way regarding Brodie.

Erasmus seems to be emergency every week so I don’t think he’s that far off if a mid gets injured. Brodie has barely been emergency at all but there’s still a push from the fans (not so much on here) to bring him despite him not playing a role that’s remotely similar to anyone that’d realistically get dropped. Him playing the roles that JOM and Johnson have (i.e. most outside mid) would be silly as playing Michael Walters as our no.1 ruck - it’s just not going to be considered. Unfortunately Erasmus probably is in the same category until he plays elsewhere at Peel.

Last edited:
Very simple Banfield will play more forward. Aish more midfield.

Davies in for Walters. No other change.

Chapman is in and Draper is out. That’s confirmed with Chapman named on the field.

I think Banfield plays more forward, Johnson starts. Worner could stay if he’s sub but I think it’ll probably be Emmett or Wagner. Wagner is also an option for the 22 if like you say Aish plays more mid, then Johnson stays sub.

So instead of bringing another fwd in they will move banners back into fwd rather and less playing wing...boooo
Hate it.
Banfield needs to be involved in the play to get maximum effect. Feels like he’s under more pressure up forward then wing

I interrupted the presser the same way regarding Brodie.

Erasmus seems to be emergency every week so I don’t think he’s that far off if a mid gets injured. Brodie has barely been emergency at all but there’s still a push from the fans (not so much on here) to bring him despite him not playing a role that’s remotely similar to anyone that’d realistically get dropped. Him playing the roles that JOM and Johnson have (i.e. most outside mid) would be silly as playing Michael Walters as our no.1 ruck - it’s just not going to be considered. Unfortunately Erasmus probably is in the same category until he plays elsewhere at Peel.
As much as i think johnson will turn out to be a good player for us playing him every week when his performance is average to poor defies logic when Brodie is giving great effort and in my opinion improved his game skills at peel this year blows my mind ,Jlo just playing his favourites

He ll ask for trade. Hopefully bring in Warner as the upgrade

He’s so far back I’d trade him just to free up the list spot.

ATM is genuinely looking like he’s about 7th or 8th in line for an inside mid position (some of those are already playing in the team as outside mids). Once our wing depth has had some time at Peel he’s probably further back tbh as those guys could be options to replace JOM or Johnson at AFL level.

May as well have someone developing for 2-3 years time rather than have a 26 year old who’s looking likely to play sub-5 games a season for the rest of his contract.

Chappy for worner
Wagner for aish
Johnson for Walters
Davies for draper

Emmett sub

Emerg: aish, Erasmus, worner

It might actually be aish sub over emmett

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as i think johnson will turn out to be a good player for us playing him every week when his performance is average to poor defies logic when Brodie is giving great effort and in my opinion improved his game skills at peel this year blows my mind ,Jlo just playing his favourites
Agree. Hope he has a good game though and starts showing us why he is getting the preferential treatment. I'll try and give the coaches the benefit of the doubt. Becoming difficult.

It feels like a very low key debut announcement. Where’s the pats on the back from teammates, awkward speech from the coach, video of calling the folks with news, presentation of the baggy hat?

It feels like a very low key debut announcement. Where’s the pats on the back from teammates, awkward speech from the coach, video of calling the folks with news, presentation of the baggy hat?
His parents didn't pick up

There is footage of him calling a mate, its pretty good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back