Changes v Gold COast

Remove this Banner Ad

JMac out (inj)
Speight to fill his place
Basti to wear the Green vest.

Who knows if Thomas will go out, given we play the Suns, he may just stay in.

Out: JMac
In: Richardson

If Adams goes then Basti comes in.

Spud to get some touch in the twos.

Edit: Richo had 41 touches and 16 marks across half back for the Roosters on the weekend. Surely has earned a recall.

Out: J-Mac(unfortunately) and I have to say Thomas needs a go in the 2's. Havent thought that all year and Ziebs probably could have looked after him by putting it in front of him instead of his 60m running shot at goal but he was on fire so took his opportunity.

In: Spud (We need his big body back there for some muscle) & Bastinac.

We had good run off the half back from Cunnington yesterday so I wouldnt change much. Id be surprised if Scott dropped Thomas as his forward pressure is pretty good and I think it may shatter him if he is dropped.

Edit: Richo had 41 touches and 16 marks across half back for the Roosters on the weekend. Surely has earned a recall.
Wow good effort.

BOG 2 weeks running? (bye in between I think)

Surely if theres a spot up for grabs its his.

JMAC for Richo has a bit of symmetry about it too.

Richo and Spud in for JMac and LT for me. I'd play Speight through the midfield and Boomer forward in LT's spot. Wouldn't mind seeing Brady with the vest on either.

Dave Swallow has been cleared of his charges! Swallow vs. Swallow is on. Looking forward to it. :D

A Gold Coast player would literally have to stab someone with a knife to get a suspension.

Welcome to an arm chair ride from the umpires for the next 20 years to go along with 2-4 gifted flags and a few obligatory Brownlows.

Come on, let's not be so hostile.

I hate their plastic, mass produced, market driven, corporate whoring guts.

They stand for everything that has ****ed up football.

They are the Barbie Doll of the AFL.

OUT: MacMillan (inj), Adams (inj)
IN: Richardson, Bastinac

Spud has credits, but I reckon after playing seniors, then going back to VFL, Richo now knows he is way above VFL. Excited to see him do it in the seniors.

Basti re-joining Ziebs, GreenHead, Cunners, Atley and Goldy is exciting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Gold Coast player would literally have to stab someone with a knife to get a suspension.

Campbell Brown got 4 weeks and i'm pretty sure he didn't use a knife.

Come on, let's not be so hostile.

Seems to be a few fans like this no matter who the Suns play, I've noticed. The whole plastic club spiel. Kind of learned to run with it.

And.. stab someone? Brown, Hunt & Bock have had suspensions thus far. Not sure what you mean there.

Anyways. That's all from me! Figured I'd just update you with Dave Swallow. Looking forward to the game. Hope you guys can make it. :D

Seems to be a few fans like this no matter who the Suns play, I've noticed. The whole plastic club spiel. Kind of learned to run with it.

I will never forgive the snide attempts by the skunks that run your club to hijack our playing list and piss away 140 years of tradition and cultural heritage.

You are our enemies whether you like it or not.

It's not about you personally.

Not to many changes really, good four quarter effort yesterday.

In: Firrito, Wright
Out: J Macmillan, Adams (injuries)

Notes:
Hansen had a pretty decent game, nice goal from 50m out just shows he is a good player when he tries hard. LT is a worry has alot of skills and can bag goals but his goalkicking atm could hurt us next week.
Pedersen played his best game, kept a cool head and did some good things.
Speight is great brings alot of speed and knows how to kick goals.

What does everyone tip for next week against the suns, i'm going to say Roos by 5 goals. I just hope we turn up to play and don't give away stupid 50m penalties. I would be shattered if we lost to the Suns, especially on Boomers 312th games.
Thoughts?

Pedersen played his best game, kept a cool head and did some good things.

Just wanted to highlight this. I agree completely, was more impressed than the WC game.

He's exactly the kind of player we need, was able to hold a KP in defence while also providing run and has great disposal. I would be playing him ahead of Firrito or Pratt.

B: Firrito Delaney Thompson
HB: Rawlings Pederson McMahon
C: Wells Ziebell Greenwood
HF: Harvey Hansen Edwards
F: Thomas Petrie Harper
R: Goldstein Swallow Speight
I: Tarrant Cunnington Atley Anthony
E: Warren McKinley Garlett

IN: Firrito Tarrant
OUT: MacMillan Adams
INJ: Hamish (4 weeks away) Lower (indefinite) Adams (2 weeks? knee) Grima (finger 1 week) Wright (1 week? shoulder) Bastinac (1 week VFL) Campbell (2 weeks? Hamstring) MacMillan (fracture? indefinite)

The bigger bodies the harder the Suns will be hit.
I say rough em up, scare the hell out of em and belt them back to Southport.

I think the following

McMillan and Adams out
Firrito and richo in

Give rich a go against less opposition (gold coast) and see how he goes, if he's not up to it then catchya.

according to that thread about adams on the radio a few hours ago, he will be right to play this week. Richo has had 2 consecutive BOGs in the 2s and needs to be rewarded for his terrific form and a fresh firrito should come back into the side. Mcmahon has been average this year so i would give him a spell. 1 more week in the vfl for basti to give him more match fitness.

out
macmillan (inj), mcmahon
in
firrito, richardson

need to stop ablett, would like to see atley run with him since he has the pace and stamina to go with ablett but it will most likely be levi to ablett i reckon.

Gotta give McKinley a chance to prove himself for our club. He is a dead set jet and has been tearing up the VFL for far too long with out being given a fair go!

I don't think other North supporters realise how good the kid is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Gold COast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back