Changes v Gold COast

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta give McKinley a chance to prove himself for our club. He is a dead set jet and has been tearing up the VFL for far too long with out being given a fair go!

I don't think other North supporters realise how good the kid is.
He's behind the other Ben for a game, who is yet to have a chance at senior level this year at all. McKinley got one and didn't take it. Has to bide his time now.

McKinley is not capable of playing anything other than the third leading forward role, the one currently occupied by Azza, with Wazza directly behind him. He does not have the ability to play time in the midfiled like every other player who plays in the forward half must do. HE certainly is not a replacement for Adams.

We dont need to change our forward set up at the moment , its starting to gel. Creating space for each other , pressure etc. I think the Azza , Hansen, Petrie set up will be perservered with !!!

I hope our skills are as good as they were last week, as it looks to be a wet night which may be an advantage, even Thomas might kick a couple :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Mckinley's 3 or 4 Buddyesque goals from the goal line or handballs over the top were very impressive.:rolleyes:

Fact is he is a VFL standard player. North know it, West Coast knew it, now everyone else needs to accept it.

As I said, Not many North fans know how good he is, because they are ignorant to some of the lesser known players from the West.

Calling him a VFL standard player is an absolute joke and disrespectful to one of our players. Kicked nearly 80 goals in 2008 and 2009 for West Coast including a bag of 7 against the bombers. We need him in our forward line because he has long beautiful kick and has the ability to kick goals from outside 50 which none of our other forwards can do!

If Basti comes in it will be the first time we have seen all these blokes on the same field:

Cunnington - Ziebell - Atley - Bastinac - Greenwood - Harper - Swallow - Anthony - Adams

Exciting stuff. Just need to add Wright and Macmillan, then add games and away we go.

Absolutely blanketed Dangerfield on the weekend, our best mid sized defender atm

Facts don't apply to Scotty McMahon around these parts.

They are only applicable to Boomer, every player in the side under 23, and every player in the VFL*.

* With the exception of Ben McKinley.

I hope Pedersen stays at CHB, and I would like to see Richardson come in, to play on the HBF. That would give us a really powerful twin-Cam half-back line!

Other changes I would make would be to bring Wright in for Thomas and Bastinac for Harper. If Firrito is to come in, it's hard to see who he would replace - perhaps McMahon, who might find it tough going against the fleet-footed Suns forwards.

Out: McMillan (inj)

In: Richardson

That's what it will be IMO. Maybe Basti in instead.

Richardson, McKinley, Tarrant, Cruize and Warren I would love to see in, but I wouldn't make too many changes after that win. Harper's the only one who I could think of to go out but he needs games.

The aforementioned 4 should be rewarded for fantastic form in the VFL when the opportunity presents itself, plus we have Bastinac, Wright and Grima to come back in. Spud to earn his spot back.

Our depth is insane at the moment. When players like JZ, Cunners, Atley, Hansen, LT etc. make the next step our side is going to be pretty freakin' good. Speight needs to play the rest of the year, the guy will be a serious player, I've been saying this for ages now. Richardson is first in line (especially with JMac getting injured), he needs to be rewarded for two seriously dominant performances in the VFL. Cruize deserves a spot but **** it's hard to squeeze him in.

The list of players worthy of a spot but being held out:

Bastinac
Warren
McKinley
Tarrant
Richardson
Grima
McIntosh (when he's not injured)
Spud (assuming he's not back in this week)
Cruize
Pratt

Other teams' supporters forget, our form has been pretty ****ing good this year. We're 3-7. We win the matches against West Coast, Sydney, Brisbane and Richmond (all games we should have won) and we're 7-3 and nearly in the top 4. We're a danger side that's for sure.

Bastinac would be very close by virtue of the fact we are playing GC.

Spud needs to earn his spot, he was less than average before he was suspended.

Garlett suffers from being 10th in-line for a midfield spot. He is behind, in no particular order: Swallow, Wells, Harvey, Cunnington, Greenwood, Ziebell, Atley, Adams, Harper. And when Basti comes back, he will be further back. It's no slight on him, the above players are just better.

Out: Macmillan (Inj)

In: Bastinac

Richardson, Bastinac and Firrito are all in line for call ups.

Only one is a certainty at this stage.

I'd be most surprised if Firrito wasn't included.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Gold COast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back