Unofficial Preview Changes V GWS Rd 2, '18 - Scharenberg and Callum Brown in, Cox and Smith out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out. Murray
He was pathetic.
On quite a few occasions I saw him try to take the game on. WTF
You're playing for Collingwood son. That sh*t is just not acceptable.
Needs a few weeks in the magoos and needs to learn to chip sideways, backwards or just bomb long without looking, then and only then should he be allowed to return to the seniors.

Out:Cox, Smith (inj), Phillips
In:McLarty, Fasolo, Brown

If Moore is to be retained in defence then I want McLarty given a shot up forward as he's shown a bit this preseason in that position and plays the game with a competitive spirit.

Smith like Phillips are foot soldiers with excellent running ability but lack polish and will rarely be match winners.

I'm not a critic of Langdon like others but he didn't have a great night. He was caught in some unenviable positions at times though that weren't of his making so is probably being more harshly judged than he deserves. I suspect he'll be retained.

There will be three changes max and seriously, do people pay attention to what the club says or just make things up?

Wells and Elliot are not playing AFL next week. The club has said that publicly.

Blair and Fasolo are most likely straight back in and for outs... jeez where do I start. I think Cox stays if it's dry only but Phillips has to go along with Aish and Smith. I never want to see Smith in black and white ever again. Philips is a guy that I have never loved at AFL level and can never understand when people like him as a player. He gets around 20 touches a game. So what! He is just a less pacy and even skillful Jaxon Barham.

The third player I would bring in is C. Brown. I can't believe he wasn't picked ahead of Smith.

Bucks was asked who we have coming through, who played well enough at VFL to push for selection:
- Wells is at least 3 weeks away by the sound of it;
- JDG is at least 2 weeks away;
- Fas is a possibility;
- The form of Mayne and Blair was also lauded. Amidst the darkness, the true heroes will arise.

In: Fasolo, Scharenberg.

Out: Smith (injured), Varcoe.

Few ever suggest Varcoe.
Very very disappointing tonight.

Wholesale changes don’t happen as much as people would like.

Cox will play, had a dirty dirty dirty night.
Smith is injured but heading for the chopping block as the type to make way for Fasolo all the same.
Fasolo is a straight swap for Smith.

I’d bring in Scharenberg and let him settle in. Just play him. Not sure it will happen. At least he has poise.
Not sure they’ll drop Varcoe either. But I’d swap the two.

Others in danger but likely get a reprieve, Phillips, Thomas.

Players that are relatively new or minor games that are secure I’d suggest for a few games, Stephenson and Murray. Even Crocker was fair enough.

Few ever suggest Varcoe.

Smith is injured but heading for the chopping block as the type to make way for Fasolo all the same.

I’d bring in Scharenberg and let him settle in. Just play him. Not sure it will happen. At least he has poise.

Players that are relatively new or minor games that are secure I’d suggest for a few games, Stephenson and Murray. Even Crocker was fair enough.

And Blair. You forgot Blair. Bucks didn't forget Blair, mentioned him in his post-match. Blair will return.

Moore will stay back, otherwise Buckley shows everybody that he desperate/is an idiot.
Cox out. Clueless. In McLarty; KP and ruck relief.
Varcoe out. Insipid. In C Brown, will have a crack.
Langdon out. Putrid skills. Scharenberg in (surely can only be better?).
Smith out. Ball-butchering turnover king. Fas in, goes forward, WHE/Stevenson plays higher up.
Phillips (same as Smith). Wills, clearance animal.
Crisp (same as Smith and Phillips)... any other kid that can play onball... Daicos?.. anybody else other than that pansy Broomhead....
.....we are soooooo screwed.
Depressing.

Few ever suggest Varcoe.

I mentioned Varcoe! :)
....putrid.

Moore will stay back, otherwise Buckley shows everybody that he desperate/is an idiot.
Cox out. Clueless. In McLarty; KP and ruck relief.
Varcoe out. Insipid. In C Brown, will have a crack.
Langdon out. Putrid skills. Scharenberg in (surely can only be better?).
Smith out. Ball-butchering turnover king. Fas in, goes forward, WHE/Stevenson plays higher up.
Phillips (same as Smith). Wills, clearance animal.
Crisp (same as Smith and Phillips)... any other kid that can play onball... Daicos?.. anybody else other than that pansy Broomhead....
.....we are soooooo screwed.
Depressing.
Josh Thomas is lucky.
Very lucky.

Bucks was asked who we have coming through, who played well enough at VFL to push for selection:
- Wells is at least 3 weeks away by the sound of it;
- JDG is at least 2 weeks away;
- Fas is a possibility;
- The form of Mayne and Blair was also lauded. Amidst the darkness, the true heroes will arise.

4E8D771D-EC81-4E4B-8293-13386396F82C.gif

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith injured his hamstring so he won’t be playing.

Can’t lie, not really upset about that one. Was getting tired of only good players getting injured.

Few ever suggest Varcoe.

Few suggest Varcoe because there are bigger fish to fry

Out: Cox, Phillips, Aish, Smith
In: Mihocek, Brown, Scharenberg, Kirby

B: Langdon - Dunn - Murray
HB: Howe - Mihocek - Maynard
C: Stephenson - Pendles - WHE
HF: Sidebottom - Moore - Brown
F: Kirby - Reid - Varcoe
R: Grundy - Adams - Treloar

INT: Crocker - Berg - Thomas - Crisp

I thought there’d been an earthquake in Melbourne but apparently it was just 100,000 Collingwood fans banging the ground in despair at the hint from Bucks in the presser that Blair is coming in against GWS

I thought there’d been an earthquake in Melbourne but apparently it was just 100,000 Collingwood fans banging the ground in despair at the hint from Bucks in the presser that Blair is coming in against GWS

Smith out and Blair in..

Buckley fulfills his favourite player quota.

Out. Murray
He was pathetic.
On quite a few occasions I saw him try to take the game on. WTF
You're playing for Collingwood son. That sh*t is just not acceptable.
Needs a few weeks in the magoos and needs to learn to chip sideways, backwards or just bomb long without looking, then and only then should he be allowed to return to the seniors.
LMFAO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back