Unofficial Preview Changes V GWS Semi Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are driving down for this one, leaving Friday morning, staying near Newcastle Friday night.

Has anyone heard what time tickets go on sale for members tomorrow?

Also do we use the same barcodes we used for last night to purchase tickets?

Jones is a tough matchup. Wilmot's obvious with the right physicality I just wouldn't want to take away the offensive side of his game because he's worried about Jones. Maybe Answerth ?? Or do we need him for someone else.
Pending Payne getting up for it I’d go for the below -

Payne - Hogan
Andrews - Keefe
Lester - Cadman
Starcevich - Greene
Answerth - Daniels
Wilmot - Jones

Zorko will likely be tagged.

GWS will put major focus on shutting down Zorko and using Keefe as a defensive forward on Andrews and Bedford on Neale.

If Zorko, Neale and Andrews are well held we will really struggle. Need big games from Oscar, Clug, Dunkley & Ashcroft in the middle.

Jaspa Fletcher has been well down on his first year form this season, IF Bruce Reville is deemed to have the endurance to play significant wing minutes I would go with Bruce and have Jaspa as the sub.

Jack Payne is vital for this game, if he gets up he takes Hogan to give Harris a bit more leeway to intercept, not sure if the Match Committee would have the confidence to put Darragh Joyce on Hogan.

I was actually a little surprised that Joyce was not named in the team Thursday night. He was named as emergency.
Most on BF thought either McKenna or Answerth would be sub so a half back eventually chosen.
A KPP usually is not a player considered as sub.
But with all the games Payne had missed i thought naming Joyce sub would be good insurance.

The sub usually comes on early in the 4th quarter unless injury strikes.
If injury strikes no way of knowing if it will be a small or tall.
Hopefully the sub is dropped next year and just 5 on the bench.

If somehow Payne passes a test to play next week,
Joyce should be the sub in my opinion.
If he sits on the bench all game that is fine with me.

We are driving down for this one, leaving Friday morning, staying near Newcastle Friday night.

Has anyone heard what time tickets go on sale for members tomorrow?

Also do we use the same barcodes we used for last night to purchase tickets?
The club should send an email as usual.
The barcodes will be the same.

This AFL article states, "Tickets for the semi-final matches will go on sale on Monday."
If true get your barcodes ready for Monday

Edit It is with Ticketmaster so all your details should remain the same

1725762328518.png
1725762425230.png

Last edited:
Payne apparently could have gone back on, apparently a good chance to be fine for next week.
We were sitting in the upper tier above the interchange bench and yes Jack had his knee strapped and was waiting to come on... someone must have over ruled that decision and decided that caution was the better option, good decision by whoever made it.

Jones is a tough matchup. Wilmot's obvious with the right physicality I just wouldn't want to take away the offensive side of his game because he's worried about Jones. Maybe Answerth ?? Or do we need him for someone else.
Noah would be my first choice for him. I also wonder whether Lester could play on Toby freeing up Starce to play on either Daniels or Jones. They might be reluctant on this though given how well Starce has done on Toby previously and he’s come back into some great form recently.

Their smalls present tough match ups which we have struggled with in the past. Carlton’s smalls are rubbish so next weeks opponents will prevent a far greater challenge than last night.

Noah would be my first choice for him. I also wonder whether Lester could play on Toby freeing up Starce to play on either Daniels or Jones. They might be reluctant on this though given how well Starce has done on Toby previously and he’s come back into some great form recently.

Their smalls present tough match ups which we have struggled with in the past. Carlton’s smalls are rubbish so next weeks opponents will prevent a far greater challenge than last night.
Only issue is if Lester plays on Toby and Starce goes to Daniels or Jones, we are left with Andrews & Payne/Joyce to cover Hogan, Cadman & Keefe. I think we need Lester to play on one of those three.

I really hope Payne is fit as we looked such a better sign when he was on in the first half.

If he's not straight swap for Joyce. Joyce should be better after having a few games and hopefully is eating solids now. Then Prior to tall emergency I guess

I can't see us playing Bruce for a full game (fitness isn't there for a full game let alone a game on the wing). Maybe he comes into the sub role. I'm not huge on McKenna as sub but he didn't do a heap wrong with his game either.

Fletcher didn't get a heap but did his wing role pushing back and forward. I'd keep him in for the moment. Sharp is the other option but Fletcher is a better ball user

I really hope Payne is fit as we looked such a better sign when he was on in the first half.

If he's not straight swap for Joyce. Joyce should be better after having a few games and hopefully is eating solids now. Then Prior to tall emergency I guess

I can't see us playing Bruce for a full game (fitness isn't there for a full game let alone a game on the wing). Maybe he comes into the sub role. I'm not huge on McKenna as sub but he didn't do a heap wrong with his game either.

Fletcher didn't get a heap but did his wing role pushing back and forward. I'd keep him in for the moment. Sharp is the other option but Fletcher is a better ball user
Tbh Fletcher has regressed in his ball use and offence the last few weeks. He's still playing his role but not doing a lot in terms of hurt factor going forward and his disposal is spasmodic to say the least. He's just going through a stage. If we had someone better you'd replace him at this point but we don't . I prefer him to Sharp because as you say Fletcher despite all the the above is better than Sharp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Statements:

Please be okay Jack! He was awesome until injured. Would be a huge in compared to last time vs giants. I don’t see any option other than Joyce if jack is not right.

Sharp in for Fletcher. He has been struggling. Sharp played a good 2s game. And best runner in the side vs the giants. Be ruthless fages.

Bruce sub. Can make a difference, great kick and big body.

Question:

What sort of crowd share do we think we’ll get? 23k capacity. Probably what 18k allocation for each side. Will we get anywhere near our 9k? 1k nsw / 2k melb / 6k queensland?

Will swans supporters take some tickets and barrack for us?

My memory is the dogs had more of the crowd in 2016 prelim but they were riding a massive wave and chasing first flag for 52 years

Answerth nailed a heap of tackles last night, really impressive - he's a good addition to our defense. The key will be for our mids to work overtime to stop their smalls getting time and space.
He also seems to have tidied up his disposals since his last extended stint in the seniors, timely with the Giants having a hoard of dangerous smalls.

Yeah I’d be gobsmacked if the match committee dropped Answerth coming up against Greene/Daniels/Jones/Bedford
He's worth his spot for sure.

One of the reasons he's tidied up his disposals is that he realises his limitations and looks to give it off to one of our better kicks or go for a safe short option. And that's working reasonably well

GWS should be confident. They've beaten us twice this year and have a game style we struggle with. That said, we can beat them because our best is better than every other team in the comp, it is just a matter of can we play at our best longer than them.
We keep saying our best is better than any other team in the comp but how often have we seen that over 4 quarters this year against a good team ?

I don't see that our best is any better than Sydney's best or GWS for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back