Unofficial Preview Changes V GWS Semi Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How will Lachie handle the Bedford tag and how will Payne fair against Hogan are 2 key questions.... as is normal overall ground pressure will be the key.

If we kick the first 4 goals I am going to get nervous, really looking forward to my first live AFL game in Sydney.

I want Zac Bailey taking our first 20-25 meter on a slight angle set shot.

I generally like Davis's opinions but... Lions with the lowest floor of the teams left in it, LOL!

Has he not seen Port play?
I think the problem is that our best, worst and everything in between football can all be in the same game.

I think the problem is that our best, worst and everything in between football can all be in the same game.
The problem is that we're a bit overrated from everybody including our own fans.

We're not good enough to keep playing the type of footy we can play in patches for the 4 quarters.

We're a good competitive team with anybody but we're not better than a couple of others.

If we play well and our tank holds up for 4 quarters we win any game . But how often is that going to happen against a hungry opposition in do or die matches ?

It's all about making the most of our opportunities of which we're good enough to have plenty of when we play well for long enough.

The problem is that we're a bit overrated from everybody including our own fans.

We're not good enough to keep playing the type of footy we can play in patches for the 4 quarters.

We're a good competitive team with anybody but we're not better than a couple of others.

If we play well and our tank holds up for 4 quarters we win any game . But how often is that going to happen against a hungry opposition in do or die matches ?

It's all about making the most of our opportunities of which we're good enough to have plenty of when we play well for long enough.
I am not sure we have been overrated by everyone.
Most podcasts I have listened to this week all have GWS winning this game.

Like I said in the review. 5 marks on /outside the 50. 5 walk back for the shot without looking for options, 5 points. Low percentage shots, the lot of them. Do a Logan Morris and wheel around and kick to someones advantage.

Brad Johnson (doubling down on his preseason pick) and Brenton Sanderson are the only two on SEN that I can recall picking us over GWS.

Disagree that we're overated, started this season 0-3. We lost several key players to ACL injuries early in the season and things were looking bleak after going into the bye 13th on the ladder. Top 4 looked impossible and playing finals looked very unlikely.

We got ourselves into a position to finish top 2 and unfortunately we cost ourselves that by not capitalising on our dominant play against challenging opposition. We're not overated but we're definitely underachievers.

This team is more than capable of winning the next 3 games and the premiership if they can just put it together. That's the key to a successful finals campaign is being good enough for long enough.

I am not sure we have been overrated by everyone.
Most podcasts I have listened to this week all have GWS winning this game.
Rather we're overrated in terms of what everyone thinks we should be achieving because we're seen as a bit flaky ,inaccurate ,whatever.

I've lost count of the number of scribes that say team list wise we're the the best team. Even the ones like Lloyd who hates us says that.

I don't see the proof of that in front of me. But we've stayed competitive in what to me is a lot harder task than playing Carlton at home in a Prelim and Collingwood in a GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree that we're overated, started this season 0-3. We lost several key players to ACL injuries early in the season and things were looking bleak after going into the bye 13th on the ladder. Top 4 looked impossible and playing finals looked very unlikely.

We got ourselves into a position to finish top 2 and unfortunately we cost ourselves that by not capitalising on our dominant play against challenging opposition. We're not overated but we're definitely underachievers.

This team is more than capable of winning the next 3 games and the premiership if they can just put it together. That's the key to a successful finals campaign is being good enough for long enough.
I think that's what I said. More or less. And unlikely but possible.

This week is a big test. GWS have just as much incentive as we have , they thought they'd win it last year and coughed it up in much the same way we have at times. Last week's game against Sydney was a belter and tbh they coughed it up again.

So I think it might turn out to be the definitive game of the finals with both teams looking to redeem the lost opportunities. And both thinking they're good enough and deserve a flag.

This week is a big test. GWS have just as much incentive as we have , they thought they'd win it last year and coughed it up in much the same way we have at times. Last week's game against Sydney was a belter and tbh they coughed it up again.

So I think it might turn out to be the definitive game of the finals with both teams looking to redeem the lost opportunities. And both thinking they're good enough and deserve a flag.
May the best team win.

Hey guys, a mate of mine has 2x semi finals tickets to the game. The seats are row A section 208 at the engie stadium. Dm for more info. Tickets will be transferred at cost price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back