Preview Changes V North Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Poulter is a scapegoat it seems. There were far worse players.

Gags was good in the VFL but he hasn’t been up to AFL level this season.
I'm not sure that he is. He was pretty disappointing after a good couple weeks. Not enough credits in the bank perhaps to survive a performance like that. Freijah looks the better player so he makes way.

Really enjoyed watching Poulter over the last few weeks. Disappointing to see him dropped.

But obviously great to have Freijah back in, hopefully he is the one to play wing. Where his future lies.

Could see him kicking a few if he does get the opportunity out of defence.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really enjoyed watching Poulter over the last few weeks. Disappointing to see him dropped.

But obviously great to have Freijah back in, hopefully he is the one to play wing. Where his future lies.

Could see him kicking a few if he does get the opportunity out of defence.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think JOD covers Lobb allowing lobb to Ruck.
Friejah for Coffield
Macrea for Garcia
Gags for Poulter
Daniel stays sub.

Poulter is a scapegoat it seems. There were far worse players.

Gags was good in the VFL but he hasn’t been up to AFL level this season.
He was, early. Tailed off a bit after mid-season and now seems to have found his touch a bit.

Was very good in the little bit of the VFL game I watched last week. Not a horrible call to bring him back.

SUNDAY, AUGUST 18

Western Bulldogs v North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium, 1.10pm AEST

WESTERN BULLDOGS

In:
J.Freijah, H.Gallagher, J.Macrae, J.O'Donnell
Out: N.Coffield (omitted), T.English (ankle), R.Garcia (omitted), C.Poulter (omitted)

Last week's sub: Caleb Daniel

NORTH MELBOURNE

In:
D.Stephens, Z.Fisher, G.Wardlaw, K.Dawson
Out: H.Sheezel (ankle), Z.Duursma (managed), W.Phillips (omitted), T.Pink (omitted)

Last week's sub: Zane Duursma

I don't think Poulter's kicking will stand up in a final, I'm not a fan when he's under some pressure. Gallagher and Friejah are better long term prospects IMO and Gallagher played very well in the VFL game. I don't mind this.

I'm guessing Khamis stays in to play forward which I'm ok with. I'd rather not see him anywhere near the back line however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to be proven wrong but it always feels like when we hit good form Bevo starts with these weird personnel changes.
Poulter and Garcia were far from the worst players last week. Especially Poulter.
Now we're going to be plugging the wing position with another inside midfielder in Gallagher like we did earlier in the year.

I don't think Poulter's kicking will stand up in a final, I'm not a fan when he's under some pressure. Gallagher and Friejah are better long term prospects IMO and Gallagher played very well in the VFL game. I don't mind this.

I'm guessing Khamis stays in to play forward which I'm ok with. I'd rather not see him anywhere near the back line however.
Khamis forward/second ruck and Lobb stays back you think?

i like this ruthless selection, been far too many second and third and more chances under Bevo.
make it clear to fringe types what the floor is and what happens when you drop beneath it, even for 1 game, Rocket Eade style

i like this ruthless selection, been far too many second and third and more chances under Bevo.
make it clear to fringe types what the floor is and what happens when you drop beneath it, even for 1 game, Rocket Eade style
If selection was ruthless then Buku & VDM should have been the first ones out.

Please explain VDM then. I will be waiting

Omg gags had 27 and three goals you have to reward that nobody will be happy with the team when it’s named everybody was wanting Jack in and now Jack is in people still find something to complain about yes poutler has been playing good but he I think he had 9 turnovers last week

I might be in the minority but I love Gags and want him in the team every week.

Lobb the only option in the ruck while Tim is out and I like seeing JOD back in as the replacement who is not being rushed back either. What English lacks in physicality Lobb provides so keen to see how he goes against Xerri.

Freijah back finally, been really impressive all season playing footy beyond his years. Macrae also has earnt his spot back.

An opportunity awaits to not only win but earn back a bit of percentage if we play like the last month before the Crows debacle. As mentioned, these sorts of blemishes have sparked the group to respond and I expect nothing less on Sunday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes V North Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back