Troy Makepeace
Cal Urch
Corey McKernan

Out
Mark Porter
Michael Firrito
John Baird

Note
Corey not my choice, but after 10 marks, 4 goals, I bet he is Dean's. Ash Watson unlucky, 1st eme. with 31 touches. I have ommited John Baird for Cal Urch due to hoping Leigh Brown plays CHB infront of Hall. Firrito looks out of touch and Porter must be injured with that knee.

Troy I agree with. The Spud has had a great year and it's not surprising for a young guy to drop off in his first year.....he'll be abck! Baird has to be considered unlucky to come back into such a horrible game, I'd like to see him given one more week. With Porter gone, hopefully forever, do we go with Corey or look at a young KPP to get some game time, hopefully JYD look to the future.

Originally posted by mav
With Porter gone, hopefully forever, do we go with Corey or look at a young KPP to get some game time, hopefully JYD look to the future.

With Hale in the team, Porter out and McIntosh injured for the season, your only choices for another KPP;

- Corey McKernan
- Chad Jones

With the hope of finals stilla avilable, I know McKernan has had a crap seniors season, but Chad Jones can't play ruck, so for him to play it would take Drew Petrie half a game in the ruck with Hale, and Chad Jones to hold down CHF in a crucial seniors game, he is simply not ready.

I agree tough for John Baird, I only see him staying in for Cal Urch, who needs an oppertunity he must be getting sick of the neglection.

IN Harding, McKernan (oh no), Makepeace

OUT S. Harvey, Porter, Firrito

Harding looked very fired up on Saturday and he tackled and attacked the ball with lightning speed and aggression. A couple of wayward kicks, but we've come to expect that. He was otherwise excellent in his application.

That Zoomer effort last week can't be excused.........enough said there.

Spud's been out of sorts and Makey's a natural replacement.

Urch, S and J Clayton etc can wait a week, so it'll be the last chance for the tried and tested this week, where the Swannies will be sure to clog up our midfield and choke our supply. They tackled ferociously and played a slow boring style last week, so it'll be a massive challenge for us. I just hope we're playing like men possessed, and giving our all...................in honour of Arch, a Shinboner legend. It's the very least that he deserves!!!

T'toes

Surely Urch has to get a run this week....he looks so confident now and he is not only covering his opponent but looks like he has the whole opposition forward line covered.

In: Urch, McKernan, Makepeace

Out: Baird, Porter, Firitto (unlucky, but just doesnt seem to be travelling very well atm....lost that bit of pace maybe)

Originally posted by Royal Blue And White
Surely Urch has to get a run this week....he looks so confident now and he is not only covering his opponent but looks like he has the whole opposition forward line covered.

In: Urch, McKernan, Makepeace

Out: Baird, Porter, Firitto (unlucky, but just doesnt seem to be travelling very well atm....lost that bit of pace maybe)

Should be the changes although if Sinclair doesnt come up then Firitto is safe

ive only seen short glimpses of urch
everyone on here seems to love him
I've gathered that he's a backline player... what sorta players does he play on and what sort of a player is he?

I'm not sure about the changes except for Makepeace. He definately comes back but who for is difficult.

My big concern is the SCG. I hate playing here and I hate playing the Swans...it could be another shocker like the Crows. They are going to flood back and bottle it up.

I worry about playing Rocca and Petrie up forward on this short fat ground. Maybe, Rocca needs to sit this one out and we play Drew out of the goalsquare.

Thoughts?

Mick Stevens has been good. Wont be dropped.

Makey in for Sinclair.

Would love to see Urch get a run. Probably for Baird or Porter.

Hale and Petrie can ruck/drift forward, Brown CHB, Watt on Hall.

No need for Corey IMO. Does a 30something yr old has been (in all due repect) need ANOTHER chance. IMO no. Only way for corey back now is if Rocca gets injured.

Does anybody agree S.Harvey should play because you need at least 1 small foward on the SCG like Sydney have O'Keefe?
Makepeace would be an automatic inclusion.

Has Firrito fully recovered from that ankle? Because he looks really out of touch and it looks like it may be bothering him. It might just be a long season getting to him, but I don't think he looks fit.

I wouldn't play Urch this week. It's too important a game to bring in a kid for his debut. I'd be very surprised if Sinclair misses out, and Makepeace is a certainty anyway.

Been thinking about this, and the fact that it's at the SCG may save us from watching Corey McKernan play a horrible first half and sit the second on pine. Could see Hale and Petrie share ruck duties, and these changes;

IN
Troy Makepeace
Cal Urch
Leigh Harding

OUT
Mark Porter
John Baird
Michael Firrito

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Petrie Dish
Has Firrito fully recovered from that ankle? Because he looks really out of touch and it looks like it may be bothering him. It might just be a long season getting to him, but I don't think he looks fit.
The form of Jones in the middle hasn't helped Spud out. It's like the old saying, don't take leave...get injured.

Originally posted by dus
Yeah i was more thinking of him not getting up due to concussion.

Has he been training?

Yeah I meant I'd be surprised if he misses a game. He'll have eight days to recover.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back