Prediction Changes v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Voss is a weird player to take as an emergency imo.

The inception is if he’s covering for an injured tall and even then wouldn’t you take either Hughes or Erasmus (the other two emergencies) over just in case. I always find the balance of the team isn’t impacted as much by bringing in a small for a tall than vice versa.

Maybe to build experience travelling.

Voss is a weird player to take as an emergency imo.

The inception is if he’s covering for an injured tall and even then wouldn’t you take either Hughes or Erasmus (the other two emergencies) over just in case. I always find the balance of the team isn’t impacted as much by bringing in a small for a tall than vice versa.

Ras was held over last week so missed the peel game, need him to play some footy this weekend

Expected Wagner sub, but don't hate that he's starting. Given that 8 defenders is weird team balance wise and I just can't see us making Aish sub (or Banfield or Jaeger), I think it's 1 of 3 possibilities:
  • We don't fully trust Walker fitness wise coming off his illness, so he'll be sub.
  • Wagner is being played off half back because we need to be able to handle the Jordan Clark tag if it happens again, which has now been compounded in impact by having Draper and Davies.
  • Aish or Wagner (more likely Aish) will play higher up the ground, perhaps in some sort of tagging capacity. Might mean Johnson is sub, which would be a bit shitty after the game he had against Gold Coast.

Curious to know when the player or rest of team knows who the sub will be. We find out an hour before the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should've been

Out: Pearce and Worner
In: Walker and Erasmus because Worner is not a good candidate for sub.

Walker Davies Wagner
Clark Ryan Chapman
Sharp Young Brayshaw
Fred Jackson Switkowski
Amiss Treacy Sturt

Darcy Serong Johnson

Aish O'Meara Banfield Fyfe

Erasmus

End of the day no one is expecting us to win this it’s pretty much a free hit all I want to see is us match there pressure and kick more goals then points not fussed if we lose playing well will be shit if we get flogged playing like we did against the dogs

I don’t think there’s enough mids/forwards in the team for that to happen. Almost certainly going to be a defender.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Brandon Walker - I wouldn’t agree with that call at all btw.
Be silly as he has locked Papley down for years.

If not Johnson, then will be Aish.

Be silly as he has locked Papley down for years.

If not Johnson, then will be Aish.

As I said I wouldn’t agree with Walker being sub. Just got a feeling that’s what we’ll do looking at the bench.

Only way I can see it being Johnson is if Aish plays midfield minutes, which I guess he’s capable of.

Johnson should stay in - very high potential that we need really ready to go when Fyfe isn’t in the team anymore. And yes - even if we get someone like Chad Warner.

End of the day no one is expecting us to win this it’s pretty much a free hit all I want to see is us match there pressure and kick more goals then points not fussed if we lose playing well will be shit if we get flogged playing like we did against the dogs
Midfield and forwards can do that. It’s up to the clearances and turnovers that have to be capitalised on

As I said I wouldn’t agree with Walker being sub. Just got a feeling that’s what we’ll do looking at the bench.

Only way I can see it being Johnson is if Aish plays midfield minutes, which I guess he’s capable of.

Johnson should stay in - very high potential that we need really ready to go when Fyfe isn’t in the team anymore. And yes - even if we get someone like Chad Warner.
Was sub last week.
Feel like the coaches are keeping an eye on Fyfe and JOM and will sub accordingly. Pearce getting injured obviously changed that plan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back