Changes v. Tigers (Rd 9) - Gawn, Riley in for Frawley, Byrnes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eager to get Kent back in the side too, i think he has a real future and is another youngster to look out for. He seems to understand that moving the ball forward is the key to scoring goals.

Eager to get Kent back in the side too, i think he has a real future and is another youngster to look out for. He seems to understand that moving the ball forward is the key to scoring goals.

Im thinking of changing my sig to include making calls on players futures early because he is one guy im confident of playing alot of footy for us

Watts was pretty good last night, things like a tap and a shepherd were crucial to setting up a goal to Salem that don't reach the stat sheet. His defensive intensity is slowly improving and I think his"meekness" is something he'll improve on over time. Certainly not close to to being dropped yet.

Watts was pretty good last night, things like a tap and a shepherd were crucial to setting up a goal to Salem that don't reach the stat sheet. His defensive intensity is slowly improving and I think his"meekness" is something he'll improve on over time. Certainly not close to to being dropped yet.
You know, I was a pretty big fan of dropping him recently but after his last two games I'm really liking his new direction. He played really well in a tough physical game on Saturday which going from our recent comments on here he should have scaramouched. His accurate passes were brilliant in a game where marks were hard to come by. I think the few times where he got in and shepherded/tackled were a bonus, but i wouldnt count them out of his game yet

That Shepard for Salem was fantastic , completely unselfish

Not a change in the team itself, but where do people see Frawley playing? Should he go back to go on Riewoldt who he's towelled a few times in the past? I think we could get away with having McDonald on Vickery and Garland on Riewoldt (or vice versa) and keep Frawley up forward. Dunn to take Edwards.

I would like to see Salem given a full game, give him Byrnes spot in the forward pocket and let him rotate through the midfield. He manages to lead well and picks the ball up off the deck with ease, no reason why he couldn't kick 2 or 3 a game playing mostly forward.

So out: Byrnes and Terlich

In: Riley and Clisby

Give Bail the sub vest.

What in the hell?

Watts is hopeless. Our expectations are so dumbed down that when he plays a C-grade game he gets lauded. The fact that he applied himself in a couple of tackles also earns him great plaudits. He's the most disappointing player I've ever laid eyes on.

He's a nice user, but just doesn't impact games of footy nearly enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watts is hopeless. Our expectations are so dumbed down that when he plays a C-grade game he gets lauded. The fact that he applied himself in a couple of tackles also earns him great plaudits. He's the most disappointing player I've ever laid eyes on.

I don't think anyone is lauding Watts this week, but it was nice to see him finally do some team acts even though he wasn't having a good night overall.

Not a change in the team itself, but where do people see Frawley playing? Should he go back to go on Riewoldt who he's towelled a few times in the past? I think we could get away with having McDonald on Vickery and Garland on Riewoldt (or vice versa) and keep Frawley up forward. Dunn to take Edwards.

Frawls could go back on Riewoldt, and then we can send Dunn forward instead, but I think I'd stick with Frawley up forward. I'd go McDonald on Riewoldt and Garland on Vickery, Vickery is mostly useless once the ball hits the ground which is almost all the time, so I'd like Garland to run off him all day and use the ball well (something TMac can't do).

Frawley found some touch again up forward on the weekend and I like the idea of pushing the tigers defence

If riewoldt dominates early I'd throw chippa back but start him forward

Gotta say on reflection the low scoring dogs pulled our defence apart easily , didn't look to me like the defenders were especially bad so I think the midfield defensively let us down

I think Reiwoldt would turn McDonald inside out, he is far too clever and agile for Tom and would likely kick a bag on him with half decent delivery - or indeed with time and space in the forward 50. Frawley or Garland on him please, McDonald on Vickery and Dunn on Aaron Edwards if he doesn't get dropped (Edwards that is).

Yes, we lost the game in the midfield. I could only find votes for 4 players - Tyson, Cross, Viney and Jamar. Nathan Jones had one tackle for the game and has to do more when a hard tag is put on him.

The biggest disappointment is not being able to get Hogan on the ground. Hogan is a better forward than Frawley and if Hogan plays Frawley goes back to where he belongs and there's no way Crameri kicks 4 on Frawley.

The midfield is evolving, but needs to get better and a bit of genuine outside class wouldn't go astray.

Frawley found some touch again up forward on the weekend and I like the idea of pushing the tigers defence

If riewoldt dominates early I'd throw chippa back but start him forward

Gotta say on reflection the low scoring dogs pulled our defence apart easily , didn't look to me like the defenders were especially bad so I think the midfield defensively let us down
in the last quarter some of the dogs entry into their forward line was pretty random , very hard to defend against i would have thought.

I think Reiwoldt would turn McDonald inside out, he is far too clever and agile for Tom and would likely kick a bag on him with half decent delivery - or indeed with time and space in the forward 50. Frawley or Garland on him please, McDonald on Vickery and Dunn on Aaron Edwards if he doesn't get dropped (Edwards that is).

My thoughts exactly, Riewoldt is a handy player when the ball is on the deck aswell. Need someone to wear him like a glove, Chippa or Judy will have to do the job on him.

in the last quarter some of the dogs entry into their forward line was pretty random , very hard to defend against i would have thought.

24 scoring shots from 42 inside 50's is a shot more than every second entry

I can think of 3 goals off the top of my head from stoppages and 2 from free kicks but defensively as a team it was a poor effort

Jones.N , watts , viney , Tyson leave too much defensive work to cross and bail when it comes to tackling

I'm not sure about Vince but our midfield wasn't able to turn the ball over often enough or slow the dogs down when they had it

Low expectations? Piss off. People harp on every little mistake he makes like he murdered a child and refuse to acknowledge the good plays he makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back