Changes v. Tigers (Rd 9) - Gawn, Riley in for Frawley, Byrnes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was actually optimistic about this one. There is now absolutely no chance at all, we've got no hope at winning this one
RIP Tom Hafey

Cause we performed phenomenally after the late Jim Stynes passed. No offence to the Tigers or Tom Hafey but i don't think it will make a huge difference. The only way we could lose this one is if we don't perform like we have been.
Out: Byrnes, Terlich
In: McKenzie, Clisby.
Cotchin can't handle a tag. McKenzie, while far from the best tagger, is our best tagger, line him up on Cotchin. Put Bail on as the sub and give Salem a full game. Either that or Bail drops out as depth and we give Riley/Toumpas the vest.

Cause we performed phenomenally after the late Jim Stynes passed. No offence to the Tigers or Tom Hafey but i don't think it will make a huge difference. The only way we could lose this one is if we don't perform like we have been.
Cotchin can't handle a tag. McKenzie, while far from the best tagger, is our best tagger, line him up on Cotchin. Put Bail on as the sub and give Salem a full game. Either that or Bail drops out as depth and we give Riley/Toumpas the vest.

Not a chance Bail is named as sub, let alone dropped. He's as safe as Dawes/Tyson (well, not really, but you get my point).

Death has different effects on different people. This could do anything to the Richmond players.

Not a chance Bail is named as sub, let alone dropped. He's as safe as Dawes/Tyson (well, not really, but you get my point).
Nothing against Bail but if we want to bring in another kid I can't see too many others making way for him. Maybe Jones but he isn't really sub material

Nothing against Bail but if we want to bring in another kid I can't see too many others making way for him. Maybe Jones but he isn't really sub material

You have to realize Roos isn't going to pick someone because they are younger than someone else , until someone can come in and be better than bail nothing will change and despite they hype toumpas isn't better than bail yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to come out extra hard this week. Sorry, but at the end of the day this is a game, not a hollywood movie. Despite the passing of Hafey, this game is winnable, we just have to want it enough. We've been on the losing end of other teams celebrations/ commemorations for too long. Go get em Melbourne!!!!!!!!

P.S. R.I.P Hafey

Re: the Hafey effect, without looking at the years I suspect Roos may have played under him at Sydney for a year or two?? If so I'm sure he will get the MFC players up and about for it - no doubt he has some wisdom to share from the great man. R.I.P.

Yeah I don't think Hafey passing will have that much effect on this game. Not exactly certain if Hafey is more of a Richmond Legend or more of an AFL legend - I'd probably go for the latter, but clearly his past ties hold weight. You generally hear more about Sydney with Hafey than you do Richmond, but either way, it's a shame he passed.

We beat them preseason, we can do it again - especially now we're playing A shit load better than we were back then. We have an element of the unknown still with Chippa up forward, our backline is still strong, and our midfield is a lot stronger simply due to having some games under the belt, and on top of all that, we know we can win. The Last point is most important.

I like the tiges, but I like beating them more, here's to a good, hard fought out victory to the Dees!!!

RIP Hafey

Just to clear this up, has been beaten once and that was against Macaffer. He is averaging over 25 possies a game and is heavily tagged every week. Silly statement.

Atleast with Lids back he has some solid support now though.

Should be a good game, I have been impressed with the way you guys have gone about it so far and we have been far from convincing. I expect to win, but our form doesnt really warrant the expectation.

Re: the Hafey effect, without looking at the years I suspect Roos may have played under him at Sydney for a year or two?? If so I'm sure he will get the MFC players up and about for it - no doubt he has some wisdom to share from the great man. R.I.P.
Not quite.

Hafey at Sydney 86-88
Roos at Sydney (player) 95-97

Just to clear this up, has been beaten once and that was against Macaffer. He is averaging over 25 possies a game and is heavily tagged every week. Silly statement.

Atleast with Lids back he has some solid support now though.

Should be a good game, I have been impressed with the way you guys have gone about it so far and we have been far from convincing. I expect to win, but our form doesnt really warrant the expectation.

Also the umpires have not let taggers get away with as much as Macaffer did that night since. N Jones was tagged against the bulldogs and got about 4 or 5 free kicks for jumper holding and shepherding off the ball.

Also the umpires have not let taggers get away with as much as Macaffer did that night since. N Jones was tagged against the bulldogs and got about 4 or 5 free kicks for jumper holding and shepherding off the ball.

Rightfully so, It is rubbish what taggers can get away with. I want to see ball players allowed to at least go the ball, Jones and Cotch are 2 absolute contested beasts who deserve to be treated better than being held off every contest.

Rightfully so, It is rubbish what taggers can get away with. I want to see ball players allowed to at least go the ball, Jones and Cotch are 2 absolute contested beasts who deserve to be treated better than being held off every contest.
Jones and Cotchin Head2Head?

Alright I'll cave... Bail stays, so does that mean we are one forward short of our best 22?(Assuming we get the ins/outs that seem unanimously wanted)
B: Neville Jetta, Tom McDonald, Mitch Clisby
HB: Colin Garland, Lynden Dunn, Jack Grimes
C: Daniel Cross, Dom Tyson, Bernie Vince
HF: Rohan Bail, James Frawley, Jack Watts
F: Jeremy Howe, Chris Dawes, Cam Pedersen
FOLL: Mark Jamar, Nathan Jones, Jack Viney
I/C: Christian Salem, Jay Kennedy-Harris, Matt Jones
With the last spot on the bench going to McKenzie/Toumpas/Riley depending on who we play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back