Changes v. Tigers (Rd 9) - Gawn, Riley in for Frawley, Byrnes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's more to the point of what I was getting to. I don't think Hafey will have a Huge impact on Richmond - I think it's more of an AFL loss.
On Saturday, or overall? If you don't think he'll have an affect on Sat, that's fine, it could go either way. But the overall affect of losing one of our immortals is much larger than you think.

On Saturday, or overall? If you don't think he'll have an affect on Sat, that's fine, it could go either way. But the overall affect of losing one of our immortals is much larger than you think.

To say that it wouldn't have a profound effect on the club is ludicrous. Melbourne supporters of all people should know this.

Yeah I don't think Hafey passing will have that much effect on this game. Not exactly certain if Hafey is more of a Richmond Legend or more of an AFL legend - I'd probably go for the latter, but clearly his past ties hold weight. You generally hear more about Sydney with Hafey than you do Richmond, but either way, it's a shame he passed.

We beat them preseason, we can do it again - especially now we're playing A shit load better than we were back then. We have an element of the unknown still with Chippa up forward, our backline is still strong, and our midfield is a lot stronger simply due to having some games under the belt, and on top of all that, we know we can win. The Last point is most important.

I like the tiges, but I like beating them more, here's to a good, hard fought out victory to the Dees!!!

RIP Hafey

Sorry but that is so much a crock its actually made me angry. That speaks volumes as to how much the tiger faithful hold Tommy in our harts as I never personally get angry on a message board. Mate you have no idea. Any neutral would back me in saying when you mention tommy you consider richmond, hell even collingwood, where tommy took them to a grand final reconise that fact.

Tommy is a tiger man, all ways was, and all ways will be.

As to what effect that has to the rest of our season, who knows. As to what effect it has to the game, well i can 100% guarantee the whole tiger army will come out. I would not be surprised if 60k plus came to the game and most being tigers members, let alone supporters!

To say that it wouldn't have a profound effect on the club is ludicrous. Melbourne supporters of all people should know this.

I think this would be akin to Ronald barassi passing away

His would be honoured afl wide an at Carlton and Sydney but remains a Melbourne legend

Tommy haffey was the same

Afl legend but a tigers afl legend

Sorry but that is so much a crock its actually made me angry. That speaks volumes as to how much the tiger faithful hold Tommy in our harts as I never personally get angry on a message board. Mate you have no idea. Any neutral would back me in saying when you mention tommy you consider richmond, hell even collingwood, where tommy took them to a grand final reconise that fact.

As to what effect that has to the rest of our season, who knows. As to what effect it has to the game, well i can 100% guarantee the whole tiger army will come out. I would not be surprised if 60k plus came to the game and most being tigers members, let alone supporters!
Deep breath mate... Most people on here agree with you.

Deep breath mate... Most people on here agree with you.

All good mate. Have zero issue with anyone as I dont generalize all by the act of one person. So its all good but Im sure you understand my response in reading it as Tommy died yesterday and being that I met the man at several family days at my club, its still fresh.

Anyway, good luck with the game and lets hope its a cracker. Regardless who wins, Tommy deserves this game to be the best game of the year. So lets hope both our sides bring there A game.

All good mate. Have zero issue with anyone as I dont generalize all by the act of one person. So its all good but Im sure you understand my response in reading it as Tommy died yesterday and being that I met the man at several family days at my club, its still fresh.

Anyway, good luck with the game and lets hope its a cracker. Regardless who wins, Tommy deserves this game to be the best game of the year. So lets hope both our sides bring there A game.
I'm not sure what you problem with my comment was. I said the guy is more of an AFL legend as opposed to simply being a Richmond Legend. If that angers you - then run along and be a flog somewhere else.

I have clearly stated that I'm aware of his history with Richmond, so therefore I'm not turning a blind eye to it, in actual fact - I'm looking at Hafeys ENTIRE career rather than just the Richmond Years. Stop being such a whiney girl.

I'm not sure what you problem with my comment was. I said the guy is more of an AFL legend as opposed to simply being a Richmond Legend. If that angers you - then run along and be a flog somewhere else.

I have clearly stated that I'm aware of his history with Richmond, so therefore I'm not turning a blind eye to it, in actual fact - I'm looking at Hafeys ENTIRE career rather than just the Richmond Years. Stop being such a whiney girl.

I'm not sure starting an argument over the matter is the right idea at the moment

How about we just say RIP to a great man no matter how you choose to remember him and leave it there

I think this would be akin to Ronald barassi passing away

His would be honoured afl wide an at Carlton and Sydney but remains a Melbourne legend

Tommy haffey was the same

Afl legend but a tigers afl legend

Poor Norf

Stop deleting my responses!!!!

I'm not swearing, attacking or saying anything against the rules - yet you keep deleting my responses.
From what I can see only one of your posts was originally deleted and rightly so.

Leave the mod tips out as well as any other derogatory suggestions to posters and there won't be a problem with your posts.

It appears some other stuff by posters may have been cleaned up too so it's all good from here on in.

As morbid as this sounds, it'd be interesting to see data on the results of games immediately following the passing of an influential former player/coach/etc.

We started our 2012 season a week after Stynes passed, and proceeded to lose 9 games in a row, including his tribute game.

Richmond may or may not get up for Hafey, who knows.

As morbid as this sounds, it'd be interesting to see data on the results of games immediately following the passing of an influential former player/coach/etc.

We started our 2012 season a week after Stynes passed, and proceeded to lose 9 games in a row, including his tribute game.

Richmond may or may not get up for Hafey, who knows.
Yeah but we had other factors at play there - i.e. being coached by a new, worst-coach-ever type bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you've totally misread suburbanme's comment mate.

I think he's implying that Tommy had such a big standing in the game, that his impact was larger than just at the Richmond FC.

Just like when we lost Jimmy Stynes. He was one of ours, but he was commemorated by the entire competition equally - much like we will all do for Tommy this weekend.

I think he's implying that Tommy had such a big standing in the game, that his impact was larger than just at the Richmond FC.

Just like when we lost Jimmy Stynes. He was one of ours, but he was commemorated by the entire competition equally - much like we will all do for Tommy this weekend.

No mate, read him loud and clear. Again, out of respect for your boards im not going to derail the thread. All I will say is to suggest Tommy is remembered more as Sydneys coach then at richmond etc is laughable. I agree, Tommy is and always will be a legend of the game and to all AFL supporters. I am not disagreeing with that fact.

I do take clear offence to his claim that Tommy will be remembered more for his association at Sydney then he would be at his time at Tigerland. Tommy after his coaching came back to the club and him and his wife have been active at our club for many, many years. He did not have that level of participation at the other clubs after his coaching career ended.

Thats not meant as disrespect to the other 3 clubs, just fact.

No mate, read him loud and clear. Again, out of respect for your boards im not going to derail the thread. All I will say is to suggest Tommy is remembered more as Sydneys coach then at richmond etc is laughable. I agree, Tommy is and always will be a legend of the game and to all AFL supporters. I am not disagreeing with that fact.

I do take clear offence to his claim that Tommy will be remembered more for his association at Sydney then he would be at his time at Tigerland. Tommy after his coaching came back to the club and him and his wife have been active at our club for many, many years. He did not have that level of participation at the other clubs after his coaching career ended.

Fair enough. Some people may remember him more as a Sydney person purely because they are younger? Much like someone remembering Barassi as a Carlton man?

Anyway bring on the game! Both sides will be hungry this week and I have a feeling we might be in for a solid contest.

That's exactly what I meant. :)

No. You did misread and misinterpret my posts. Your reply (quoted above), makes it quite clear that this is the case.

No. You did misread and misinterpret my posts. Your reply (quoted above), makes it quite clear that this is the case.

Yeah right lol. Read your first post and then the subsequent others then read my reply. Unfortunately you cant read your reply's where you are becoming unhinged telling me to EADC etc because, rightly a mod deleted them. Simply, you stated more then once that everyone remembers Tommy with his time at Sydney and not the tigers, its clear as black and white you sad that. When corrected, you started insulting people that had a differing view.

Simple really.

I might get flamed for this, but I would love to see Blease get a game.
Blease is always entertaining but it wouldn't be fair on Clisby who should be ahead of him in the queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back