Changes vs Essendon (Team in OP. Wells, Phillips & Cox in; Blair, White & Smith out)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think wholesale changes will achieve a lot. I'd just keep working towards an ideal of our best side and with development in mind.

INS - Scharenberg, Phillips, Daicos
OUT - Smith, Blair, Crisp

I think we also need to look at the Moore situation but not this week. If it isn't in his best interests to continue to get hammered at AFL level we need to either find him support or replace him in the seniors. Dunn is a guy that could come in to take some heat off Moore but he is clearly no long term option. It goes to show how far we've fallen and how poorly we approached last off season that we even need to consider it; but that's a discussion for another thread and I digress.

With Crisp he's been awful and needs to refind his mojo. His kicking has turned to shit and never used to be that poor.

Daicos if only to give me something to cheer when I make the trip from Cairns to watch the game! We've been pretty abominable and i'm not as excited to watch us as I was when I planned the trip.

You haven't seen enough from the opening month to see where we are?

Or the last 6 years?
Nope and I know you have so won't ask anything of you.

5 years of going backwards hasn't shown you where we are at?
See above

Not that it excuses the level to which we have dropped to, but do we seriousy have a 5 day break and then a 6 day break! How hard is it to give a club a 7 day break after ony a 5 day break the week before.
It is rather silly after two 10 day breaks. Still I don't mind it, we have to deal with what it is and will show up our fitness and resolve.

If this is possible I think Adam's over tries. Especially his kicking. He thinks he has a cannon for a foot but most of the time he just needs to hit the target.

I agree. He thinks he is a Better Kick then he is and that is why it he Stuffs up a lot of Kicks

OUT: White, Blair, Goldsack, Broomhead, Ramsay.
IN: Cox, Daicos, Scharenberg, Wells, Mayne

Maynard … Schade … Howe
Scharenberg … Reid … Smith
Sidebottom … Pendelbury … Crisp
Hoskin- Elliott … Moore … Elliott
Fasolo … Cox … Mayne
Grundy … Adams … Treloar

Wells
Daicos
Greenwood
Varcoe

I'm going to argue against this a little.

So what, we only have 2 players on our injury list.

But how many players are actually weeks of being ready to play at senior level.

Keeffe; Way off it, obviously not a medical/fitness thing, more a match/touch thing, but he's way off
Thomas; See Keeffe
Daicos/Brown/McLarty/McCarthy/Lynch/Kirby; Let's not kid ourselves here, they aren't ready to play senior footy, they are first year kids. All have shown some promise, but apart from Daicos (who will get senior games because of his last name) none of them should play more then 1-2 senior games in 2017.
Wells; See Elliott last night, that's Wells, he's 3-4 weeks of making a real impact at senior level, although I won't be shocked if he plays on AD.
Ramsay; Before he did his knee he was in sensational form, simply isn't the same player now.
Elliott; Shouldn't have played yesterday, that's clear. Bad decision.
Crocker; Can't seem to put more then 2 games together before he gets a week or two off
Sier; Can't get through one game, let alone 2
Scharenberg; Getting closer, but still not really 100% ready for senior footy
Wills; Probbaly 1-2 more weeks away from senior contention
De Goey; Idiot. Still 2 weeks to serve.

Was thinking the same thing with the 2 only injuries after the game because was pissed orf
but today after cooling down agree with this

I'm going to argue against this a little.

So what, we only have 2 players on our injury list.

But how many players are actually weeks of being ready to play at senior level.

Keeffe; Way off it, obviously not a medical/fitness thing, more a match/touch thing, but he's way off
Thomas; See Keeffe
Daicos/Brown/McLarty/McCarthy/Lynch/Kirby; Let's not kid ourselves here, they aren't ready to play senior footy, they are first year kids. All have shown some promise, but apart from Daicos (who will get senior games because of his last name) none of them should play more then 1-2 senior games in 2017.
Wells; See Elliott last night, that's Wells, he's 3-4 weeks of making a real impact at senior level, although I won't be shocked if he plays on AD.
Ramsay; Before he did his knee he was in sensational form, simply isn't the same player now.
Elliott; Shouldn't have played yesterday, that's clear. Bad decision.
Crocker; Can't seem to put more then 2 games together before he gets a week or two off
Sier; Can't get through one game, let alone 2
Scharenberg; Getting closer, but still not really 100% ready for senior footy
Wills; Probbaly 1-2 more weeks away from senior contention
De Goey; Idiot. Still 2 weeks to serve.

There's probably others too, so who does that leave who can actually play against Essendon (who didn't play last night);

Phillips; Comes back in, probably
Cox; Backup ruck, not a forward.
Dunn; Probably has to come in, even though our defense is doing well, just to release Reid forward
Aish; EWW, how bad was he in the VFL? Wow, that was terrible.
Mayne; Yay
Oxley; Playing out the year before he gets delisted

So although we only have 2 players on the injury list there's really as many as 16 players (being a bit extreme there) who won't be considered for selection against Essendon.

We aren't as healthy as it appears, I guess that's my point.

Genuinely laughed on the degoey assessment

No question Adams is a gun in all respects... Except kicking. At kicking he is actually atrocious and is not even country footy standard. Kicking is a huge part of the game obviously and when you have a mid who gets it as often as Adams does and then turns it over as often as he does every game... You have a major issue. There's no hiding from that.

Adams and Crisp's turnovers are team draining and impossible to cover on the rebound & the main reason we look so bad and exposed. The other is our non functioning forward line. We leave no space inside 50 and all forwards spoil each other. If we can correct our inside delivery and structures we would have won all 4 games so far. We are winning the clearances, tap & center breaks. All our midfield dominance is being flushed down the toilet with poor usage going inside attacking 50. Even players marking 40m out and decide to loop a ball over to another (like Blair) that are 25m out is ridiculous. Go back have a shot and if we miss we have time to reset instead of being ambushed on the turn over.

Our backline isn't the problem & IMO is working well and will get better.

Out: Blair, Crisp & Smith
In: Crocker, Wells & Phillips

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the footy brains out there....why wouldn't dunne come in to give options to play either Reid or Howe forward?

Jesse White

Out:
Ramsey - terrible first 3 weeks but took it to a new level yesterday.
Crisp - needs a reality check.
Blair - no default game this week.

In:
Wells - don't care that he's underdone.
Phillips - returns for Blair
Cox - need a tall bail out option up forward instead of over possessing looking for the perfect target and stuffing it up. I'd prefer we play Cox than move Reid forward.

For the footy brains out there....why wouldn't dunne come in to give options to play either Reid or Howe forward?
The answer is that both Reid and Howe have been two of our best players so far this season (Grundy only one consistently better).

But it time to pull the trigger, and it's Reid who goes forward. Yes we lose his kicking ability out of the backline but with Dunn coming in you don't lose that one on one defense, and Dunn isn't a terrible kick, he just seems to bomb it a little too often.

Leave Howe down back though, he's going too well to move forward now.

The answer is that both Reid and Howe have been two of our best players so far this season (Grundy only one consistently better).

But it time to pull the trigger, and it's Reid who goes forward. Yes we lose his kicking ability out of the backline but with Dunn coming in you don't lose that one on one defense, and Dunn isn't a terrible kick, he just seems to bomb it a little too often.

Leave Howe down back though, he's going too well to move forward now.
Seems viable....but as cfc2010 alluded...what to do with Jesse white who gives ruck relief too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back