Changes vs Essendon (Team in OP. Wells, Phillips & Cox in; Blair, White & Smith out)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blair gets a lot of ball in his direction because he reads the game better than our other forwards. He's the only one who constantly moves and gets into a decent position, but he hasn't got the skill set to do anything when the ball comes.

Moore's got no idea where to run. He should just follow Blair around. At least that way we'll have an aerial ocntest and a midget at ground level.
Blair goes to the spots that are preordained for the hit up marking target. He goes before acceptances. He is meant to get there about 1 second after the aerial contest and get the ground ball. He has some Fear of Missing Out embedded in his pysche.

OUT - BLAIR!! Broomhead, White

IN -Wells, Cox, Daicos
Broomhead has to stay in with a play for as long as your body holds up mentality. We need to see if he has IT. He needs to see if he has IT. Only way that is going to happen is by playing. There are snippets of a ground ball accumulating forward that has been non existent in our domain since Dids

Belgrave/Lilydale line, nothing untoward happening on the train but you know there's nothing worse than the trip home after a bad loss. We were doing our best grumpy cat impersonations

View attachment 358602

Your post was funny.

Not the Only One and I let anyone know who was close what I thought about the Game

We can't keep going with Moore/White, either Darcy goes back to the VFL to develop or we play Dunn with him to take some heat and direct traffic.

I'm not as hard on Smith here as some but we need class and he is in Shaz's spot.

Just play Wells, I don't care if he's not 100% we need class.

I like consistently and not too many changes week to week but that was just shit yesterday a statement needs to be made.

In. Dunn Wells Sharenburg
Out. Blair Smith White/Broomhead

This side is finally injury free, so i really dont think mass changes is what is needed. Some players just need more games to get back to speed.

I would definitely bring back wells, and i would pull the trigger with Dunn to allow Reid forward.

I know it hurts us down Back, but we are just going to keep losing unless we try something more offensive.

Phillips will also come into contention.

Blair goed straight back out, and ive lost a bit of patience with Josh Smith.

Id leave Ramsay because the Bombers have dangerous small forwards and Ramsay is atleast playing tight defensively.

I think id ultimately do:

In: Dunn, Wells, Phillips
Out: Blair, Smith, Crisp

That makes us look a lot better on paper. I reckon we could get away with playing Reid forward without bringing Dunn in, because we could just swing he or Moore back in case of emergency.

This side is finally injury free, so i really dont think mass changes is what is needed. Some players just need more games to get back to speed.

I would definitely bring back wells, and i would pull the trigger with Dunn to allow Reid forward.

I know it hurts us down Back, but we are just going to keep losing unless we try something more offensive.

Phillips will also come into contention.

Blair goed straight back out, and ive lost a bit of patience with Josh Smith.

Id leave Ramsay because the Bombers have dangerous small forwards and Ramsay is atleast playing tight defensively.

I think id ultimately do:

In: Dunn, Wells, Phillips
Out: Blair, Smith, Crisp

That makes us look a lot better on paper. I reckon we could get away with playing Reid forward without bringing Dunn in, because we could just swing he or Moore back in case of emergency.

Yep. Good post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broomhead has to stay in with a play for as long as your body holds up mentality. We need to see if he has IT. He needs to see if he has IT. Only way that is going to happen is by playing. There are snippets of a ground ball accumulating forward that has been non existent in our domain since Dids

I'd prefer giving that time to Daicos who can provide what yu sya we need. Not a wrap on Broomhead and how long it has taken him to get his body AFL ready. Despite his injuries from the outside to me it shows a lack of the absoute desire required to be top shelf that his talent indicates he coud be.

I'd prefer giving that time to Daicos who can provide what yu sya we need. Not a wrap on Broomhead and how long it has taken him to get his body AFL ready. Despite his injuries from the outside to me it shows a lack of the absoute desire required to be top shelf that his talent indicates he coud be.
It does appear that way but Daics should be ahead of Blair and probably in behind Broomy. Don't want to promote someone beyond their current capacity only to dint their growth. Ultimately i think the small forward position is Josh's to lose.

It does appear that way but Daics should be ahead of Blair and probably in behind Broomy. Don't want to promote someone beyond their current capacity only to dint their growth. Ultimately i think the small forward position is Josh's to lose.
Having mentioned Broomhead i did in fact miss Smith. So woud be fine if it went that way and had two like Daicos and Broomhead rather than the vanilla Smith

We are cooked.
Saints are very average and we looked woeful yesterday. One of the worst games I have attended.

But will go to Anzac Day with the lads, have some lunch and a couple of frothies and hope the good Collingwood turn up.

INS: Wells, Dunn, Mayne, Scharenberg
OUTS: Smith, Blair, Crisp, White

B - Goldsack Schade Maynard
HB - Howe Dunn Scharenberg
C - Wells Pendlebury Varcoe
HF - Elliott Moore Sidebottom
F - Fasolo Reid Mayne
R - Grundy Adams Treloar
INT - Hoskin-Elliott Broomhead Greenwood Ramsay

Play aish for rest of year.....make a decision if worth keeping
Play scharenberg see what he can offer
Play keefe......see aish!!!
Play daicos
Play cox
Play wells till he breaks down
Play mayne....see aish and keefe
Who said we could be top 4!!?? What a rabble of a club absolutely disgraceful and disgusting to watch
Crisp ya done
Blair ya done
Elliott ya need time
Maynar.....why the love???
Smith....ok but a nothing playet
Ramsay....injured at wrong time of career.....ya done
Broomhead......i think ya done
Finish bottom 2 rebuild....
Oh yeah.....buckley YA DONE!!

Blair gets a lot of ball in his direction because he reads the game better than our other forwards. He's the only one who constantly moves and gets into a decent position, but he hasn't got the skill set to do anything when the ball comes.

Moore's got no idea where to run. He should just follow Blair around. At least that way we'll have an aerial ocntest and a midget at ground level.

I sat 2 seats in front of Eddie yesterday and all day long he kept saying "Why are we kicking to the smallest guy on the ground?" I was tempted to turn around and say because he is the only bloke leading to the right spots but thought better if it.

Play aish for rest of year.....make a decision if worth keeping
Play scharenberg see what he can offer
Play keefe......see aish!!!
Play daicos
Play cox
Play wells till he breaks down
Play mayne....see aish and keefe
Who said we could be top 4!!?? What a rabble of a club absolutely disgraceful and disgusting to watch
Crisp ya done
Blair ya done
Elliott ya need time
Maynar.....why the love???
Smith....ok but a nothing playet
Ramsay....injured at wrong time of career.....ya done
Broomhead......i think ya done
Finish bottom 2 rebuild....
Oh yeah.....buckley YA DONE!!
Quality post, enjoying a few coldies to farewell the Easter break?

I sat 2 seats in front of Eddie yesterday and all day long he kept saying "Why are we kicking to the smallest guy on the ground?" I was tempted to turn around and say because he is the only bloke leading to the right spots but thought better if it.
Sound decision, I've made the mistake of engaging Ed during a game, once he gets an ear he won't stop

I would've answered that because your captains pick loves the boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back