Blairgowrie
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United
Getting in early.

OUT: Reid (inj), L.Brown (susp)

IN: Medhurst, Fraser.

Hopefully Reid isn't out for too long, and I think Leroy will get a week or so for the trip.

This will be the week Josh gets his long awaited 200th, and Meds needs a chance to prove he's in the best 22 for September imo.

I'm thinking some players might need to be rested before finals time. We don't want to drop games, but after a monster match like that you can rest assured some players are going to pull up sore. Sidebottom looks tired, and Luke Ball has got to have a sore body. Blair and O'Bree might come in for them if needed.

I'm thinking some players might need to be rested before finals time. We don't want to drop games, but after a monster match like that you can rest assured some players are going to pull up sore. Sidebottom looks tired, and Luke Ball has got to have a sore body. Blair and O'Bree might come in for them if needed.

because of the promotion of blair ended o'brees career. i thought that was obvious? blair would of been the most unluckest player to be dropped this year.

Blair will be back for Reids expense.
Mick may decide to rest Shaw again? went off with his back.. he obviously isn't 100 percent.

B: Toovey - Prestigiacomo - Maxwell
HB: Shaw - Goldsack - O'Brien
C: Wellingham - Swan - D. Thomas
HF: Didak - Cloke - Beams
F: Davis - Dawes - Macaffer
FL: Jolly - Pendlebury - Ball
INT: Sidebottom - Johnson - Lockyer - L. Brown​

What will Leroy get cited for?

I feel it might be time for Luke Ball to have a rest this week.

For a trip. I reckon he'll get a week.

Not this worst thing honestly, let him have a rest, and give Fraser his 200th.

I'd go this week.

Out - Brown, Reid, Ball, Davis, Sidebottom

In - Fraser, Medders, Blair, Lockyer, and someone else, not sure who just yet.

Yeah it's a lot of changes, but last night would have taken it out of a few players, and it's only a 6 day turnaround.

Thankfully we are only playing the Bombers, and not a harder team like the Melbourne Vixens.

After such a tough game a little bit of a buffer, I'd rest a few players.

I'd like to see Jolly rested. Fraser can have his 200th against an old rival, in front of a packed ground.

Blair for Ball. Ball must be battered, better to give him an extra week to freshen up.

Should Leon get a spell? We need to give Medhurst gametime before the finals before we can rely on him.

Reid's out. Wouldn't mind seeing a straight swap with N. Brown.

If Leeroy's out, I wouldn't be against seeing Wood. Sink or swim time.

5 changes seems like alot, but if we're going to freshen up a few players before finals, this would be a good game to rest a few.

After such a tough game a little bit of a buffer, I'd rest a few players.

I'd like to see Jolly rested. Fraser can have his 200th against an old rival, in front of a packed ground.

Blair for Ball. Ball must be battered, better to give him an extra week to freshen up.

Should Leon get a spell? We need to give Medhurst gametime before the finals before we can rely on him.

Reid's out. Wouldn't mind seeing a straight swap with N. Brown.

If Leeroy's out, I wouldn't be against seeing Wood. Sink or swim time.

5 changes seems like alot, but if we're going to freshen up a few players before finals, this would be a good game to rest a few.

I don't see the need to rest players unless they are taking a bit longer than usual to recover. Especially so many at once. Could affect team balance and thats not what we want this time of year.

Essendon are a rabble and will be missing a few. Brown will have no-one to match up on as their foward line isn't huge with Gumby out.

I'm not sure that Leroy will go fo that. Will pobably be offered a reprimand.

In: Anthony
Out: Reid

PLEEEAASSSSS NOOOOOOOOO.

Jack got goals kicked on him by Jason Cloke, JASON CLOKE FOR ****S SAKE.

If Cloke had of kicked straight, Jack would have had 5 kicked on him by a spud, pleasssseee no.

Nathan Brown is coming in, not a player who is still learning how to play down back.

Jack can't play seniors again this year if we are making him into a defender, he simply isn't ready.

Ins: Brown, Blair
Out: Reid, Ball/Didak/Swan/Shaw (someone gets a rest).

Leon Davis gets 2 more games to prove himself after another shocker against Geelong, if he can't perform against the Bummers an Crows, Leon only plays again if we play the Dogs in September.

Time to be ruthless, you have to earn a game at Collingwood, no freebies, no "development" games, it's the best 22 available that play each week.

Leroy probably needs a rest regardless, he's in our best 22 and it wouldn't be bad to put him on ice before finals. Also gives us a chance to send Fraser on his way after playing his 200th, and Josh seems to do alright against Essendon so maybe he'll go out with a bang.

I loved how Jolly and Wellers got into Duckwood at 3 quarter time. He ended up getting 6 free kicks for 'high' contact in the end I think? And Geelong supporters persist in saying he doesn't orchestrate them :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack is not to come back this year. Dawes is doing enough to hold home out of the forward line and brown is better down back. Wouldn't mind rest a on baller or two over the next two games. Maybe one out this week one or two the next. Full side vs the hawks.

Ins: Fraser, Medhurst, Blair, N Brown

Outs: Brown (suspension), Reid (quad), Ball (general soreness), Shaw/Swan/Pendles/Thomas/Didak (one of our guns who is sore)

Ball looked spent after last night and understandably so... Give him a week, bring him back fresh.

I think we have the luxury now of being able to give our guns a rest. One of the above.. I put shaw in there as well as he came off with his back again late... Put him on ice?

Tark's unlucky but i think Medhurst needs game time.

What did Leeroy do?

He clearly stuck his boot out to trip someone up. He made contact..i think the guy didn't fall over, but it did affect him.

It was a clear trip IMO and MRP will offer him a week I reckon.

Maybe play Fraser for his 200th, he does Ok now against Bombers since that Anzac Day where Ryder was BOG.

PS does Sharrod have anything to be concerned about? After half time siren blew and as they were all walking off, he was chatting with an ump, clearly telling him how Selwood/Duckwood was orchestrating the high contacts.

He then appeared to place his left hand (gently) on the umpires chest and his right hand on ump's L shoulder. The ump didn't seem to mind in the slightest and appeared to have no issue with it at all.

The commentator just started to say ''oo.." at the instant they cut to an ad break.

On the fox replay later, it wasn't shown at all.

Leon was very quiet, ?? injured, he may well make way for Medders next week.

PS does Sharrod have anything to be concerned about? After half time siren blew and as they were all walking off, he was chatting with an ump, clearly telling him how Selwood/Duckwood was orchestrating the high contacts.

He then appeared to place his left hand (gently) on the umpires chest and his right hand on ump's L shoulder. The ump didn't seem to mind in the slightest and appeared to have no issue with it at all.

The commentator just started to say ''oo.." at the instant they cut to an ad break.

On the fox replay later, it wasn't shown at all.

Hayes did the same thing earlier this year, and nothing was made of it as the ump said he didn't feel threatened by it, which i would say would be the same here.

Hey guys great win on saturday. I'm rooting for you guys for the flag its about time another big 4 team won the grand final.

But anyway i hope u guys don't rest to many players aka saints last year but it probably worth resting one or two but i reckon keep the team structure (And don't bring in Medhurst as he was killed by Henry Slattery on the weekend).

Medhurst needs to come in and replace Leon. Leon showed again he just cannot perform under finals pressure, even after all those promises and articles a week or two ago.

Edit: Just read your last sentence The Fact. Bummer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back