Preview Changes vs. Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ins: Fraser, Medhurst, Blair, N Brown

Outs: Brown (suspension), Reid (quad), Ball (general soreness), Shaw/Swan/Pendles/Thomas/Didak (one of our guns who is sore)

Ball looked spent after last night and understandably so... Give him a week, bring him back fresh.

:thumbsu: This.

Without wanting to flirt with form a few changes are needed for next week and there are players that have earned a rest.
Let Fraser play his 200th and lets see how Medders goes before the finals start.

Brown in for Reid(inj)
Medhurst in for Davis

If by some chance Leroy is suspended then I would give Fraser his 200th as a parting gift.

and No way! on earth would O'Bree get a game. He's history and on the list along with Corrie, Cook and Fraser to be retired or delisted.

Hey guys great win on saturday. I'm rooting for you guys for the flag its about time another big 4 team won the grand final.

But anyway i hope u guys don't rest to many players aka saints last year but it probably worth resting one or two but i reckon keep the team structure (And don't bring in Medhurst as he was killed by Henry Slattery on the weekend).

I watched the first half and thought Medhurst played really well. Didn't look like anyone was playing on him and I certainly didn't see Slattery out there.

Brown in for Reid(inj)
Medhurst in for Davis

If by some chance Leroy is suspended then I would give Fraser his 200th as a parting gift.

Dont give away games when players dont deserve them

Fraser hasnt exactly set the world on fire. At the end of the day i still want us to beat the bummers. Would rather play cam wood if leroy is out...at least woody has some potential still

Like those changes, add Blair in, Ball out and its done i recon. Just time for a rest for Ball get him ready for round 22 and finals

Brown will miss, I was on the wing, in front of the coaches boxes and it was as clear as day, the only thing he might have going for him was the bouce of the ball.

Davis has to be dropped, 3 WOG votes on triple M last night, he did nothing from 60 inside 50's and only 3 tackles.
I think Medhurst should come in, be given 3 games to prove himself and have a chance of playing finals.
N. Brown will replace Reid.

Even if Leeroy gets rubbed out (god I hope he doesn't, he's so fun to watch), it may be the "wrong" week for Fraser.

Wood was the better of the 2 in the VFL, by a long way this weekend, in fact you could go as far to say it was Wood's best VFL game all year.

All Josh did was kick 2 goals, and do we really need another goalkicker against Essendon? NO.

I'd bring Wood in, if Wood decides to stay at Collingwood, he is a big part of our future, as Fraser simply isn't.

If Leeroy gets two weeks (very unlikely) then maybe alternate Wood and Josh over the next 2 weeks, but I'd play Wood next week, as Essendon do actually have 2 "capable" rucks, in Hille and Ryder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN: N.Brown, Fraser
OUT: Reid, L.Brown (susp)

Maybe a rest for Ball, but we might need Ball for Watson this week so maybe vs Adelaide instead.

Well I was only there for the first half but from what I saw, Medhurst was dominant and I never saw a player on him. Take from it what you will but I saw what I saw.

You probably didn't because in your first post u said slattery wasn't even playing:eek: but anyway I'm not on here to troll u guys will kill us but I am rooting for u guys to win the flag and I reckon just stick with the winning structure instead of getting to cute.

Dont want to make too many changes....can also use the Adelaide game to freshen some sore bodies up.

Coming to an important stage of the season now, our supposed depth has been lauded in recent weeks......but the depth needs to be AFL ready or else they shouldn't be considered for a final.

Medhurst aint played since rd 12, and has only played TWO games since rnd 7. If he is to come into finals calculations you need to give him a couple of games before finals to see how he is travelling.

Fraser and or Wood, similar thing....they need a game if they are to be considered part of the 'depth'.

McCarthy has been in the best for a few weeks now at VFL level....he needs a run if he is to be in the AFL picture.

Ball needs a rest....bring McCarthy in and see how he goes through the middle.

Reid injured....N.Brown or Fraser to come in.

Medhurst in for one of Thomas or Beams, and let Leon play further up the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back