Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

This may sound weird, because Jones is 100% in against every team. Obviously...

But, if there's one opponent where Jones' absence wouldn't be as detrimental, it's Hawthorn with their smaller forward line. I'd prefer to have him than not, but it's definitely not the end of the world.

I.e. The game won't be won or lost based on Jones' availability.

Its official. Keep your Friday free everyone. Also try and get down and support the Girls at Whitten oval at 5! Even if its for a half. The doggies faithful can storm the Metro trains from Footscray to Jolimont!

Screen Shot 2024-08-26 at 8.04.52 am.png

I agree that Jones probably gets a week (but who can tell with the tribunal chooklotto).

At least Hawthorn's tall forwards are more athletic than gorillas, so we should still match up ok

Khamis should come in

Something like Lobb to Chol, JOD to Gunston, Khamis to Dear should work ok.

Their tall back situation looks more of a weakness. How Sicily/Frost cover Astro/JUH/Darcy will be a challenge.

Re: Jones People comparing to Ash but there have been players who were cleared after a dangerous tackle eg Danger, Cameron and that other Giants player? Maybe not exactly the same action but it has to be taken into account what alternatives Jones had. Looked to me like he planted his foot to try to keep Cadman up and made every effort to not land on him.
Would not surprise me if he is suspended though. It's a lottery and depends on who you are.

West will be in for Vdm

This game will be Friday night. If we get good weather we could get 90,000 plus at the G, 2 hot teams and the only Melbourne final you will get a near full members AFL and MCC plus the dogs, hawks and plenty of neutral supporters. Get your tickets early this will go close to a sell out.

The Western Bulldogs will meet Hawthorn in an Elimination Final on Friday 6 September at the MCG.

The first bounce will be at 7.40pm AEST. It comes after the Bulldogs defeated GWS on Sunday afternoon to secure a finals berth, finishing sixth on the ladder at the end of the home-and-away season.
The clash will mark the first finals appearance between the two sides since 2016 where they met in a semi-final.

In their most recent outing earlier this season, it was the Hawks that prevailed by seven points at Marvel Stadium.
Channel 7 and Fox Footy will broadcast the match live.

The final also sets up a Bulldogs’ double-header of action, with the AFLW team hosting Port Adelaide at Mission Whitten Oval in their first home game of the season from 5.05pm the same night.

Tickets to the Bulldogs’ Elimination Final will go on sale from 10am – 2pm on Wednesday 28 August for eligible Club members, 12pm for AFL members and 3pm for the general public.

AFL Finals – Week One
Second Elimination Final

Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn
Friday 6 September, 7.40pm AEST
MCG

But, if there's one opponent where Jones' absence wouldn't be as detrimental, it's Hawthorn with their smaller forward line. I'd prefer to have him than not, but it's definitely not the end of the world.

I was thinking the same thing. Obviously want him out there but can cover as seen by wins over Carlton, Geelong etc…

Hi All, does anyone know if you are able to purchase an extra ticket when buying finals tickets in the earlier rounds?

My situation is that myself and two of my daughters are Social Club Members, however another one of my daughters who only goes occasionally did not join as a member this year. If I wanted to buy 4 tickets to this weeks game do I need to now wait until the general public on sale time in order to buy them all together or can I still go in during the members window and buy 4 tickets even though I only have 3 memberships?

Appreciate any advice on what the rules are. Its been so long since our last final in Melbourne I can’t remember how it works.

Wasn’t there some sort of discussion surrounding the tackling player only pinning one arm of his opponent to allow him to better protect himself? And that it was looked upon favourably?

The MRO is my former boss (different industry) so I’m not surprised by any decisions he makes.

Re: Jones People comparing to Ash but there have been players who were cleared after a dangerous tackle eg Danger, Cameron and that other Giants player? Maybe not exactly the same action but it has to be taken into account what alternatives Jones had. Looked to me like he planted his foot to try to keep Cadman up and made every effort to not land on him.
Would not surprise me if he is suspended though. It's a lottery and depends on who you are.

West will be in for Vdm

Danger, Cameron, you’re talking about a different set of rules there !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hawks forward line really isn’t that small but I agree there’s not a ‘gorilla’ forward that we couldn’t handle without Jones.

Chol - 200cm (Lobb)
Dear - 195cm (JOD)
Gunston - 193cm (Buku or Coffield)

Last edited:
Hopefully Jones gets off, but if not, we just shuffle and we'll get English back.

I just hope the me-jah keep froffing over the Dawks and we just slide in and ambush the smart**** little brats.

English back ??

Pumped that we finally have a final in Melbourne. The last one was in 2016

It’s all a bit fuzzy, can you remind me how those two MCG finals went 🤪

Hi All, does anyone know if you are able to purchase an extra ticket when buying finals tickets in the earlier rounds?

My situation is that myself and two of my daughters are Social Club Members, however another one of my daughters who only goes occasionally did not join as a member this year. If I wanted to buy 4 tickets to this weeks game do I need to now wait until the general public on sale time in order to buy them all together or can I still go in during the members window and buy 4 tickets even though I only have 3 memberships?

Appreciate any advice on what the rules are. Its been so long since our last final in Melbourne I can’t remember how it works.
There is conflicting information on the website.

In one spot it says It's one ticket per membership, and in another it says 2 per membership

Dunno how Jones can get a week for that. Cadman’s head hardly touched the ground. Might as well pack up the whole league if we’re suspending that.

We're a bit unlucky that the precident was set the week before. Others have gotten off for the same action (Dangerfield) but Ash got suspended just last week for something similar albeit a bit more aggressive

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back