Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

VDM is a huge decision in a cut throat final. I'm not a hug fan of his, his role is important v the Hawks but his hamstring is increasingly becoming more and more unreliable. Bevo has persisted all year with him so my guess is he plays if the medicos clear him.

Also don't trust McNeil in a big MCG final, although he didnt do much wrong yesterday I would drop him for West and keep keep Arty in the squad.

Daniel played his best game for the year and McRea was V good also, their experience will be important.

Gallagher was also good yesterday, I'd still rather go with Harmes or Poulter but I've made peace with fact Bevo will roll with Gags.

In: West, Coffield (if Jones goes)
Out: McNeil, L.Jones (if Christensen decides to be a bitch)

Id be replacing Jones with a small. Dont require the 3 big backs for the Hawks. JOD goes to Dear and Lobb takes Chol. West for Jones and Garcia for VDM.
Who takes Gunston? He has kicked 13 goals in his last four games and plays an important role in their forward structure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a prep I take the harder game in the last 2 games anytime over 2 soft wins the hawks over the tigers and north. Just think we will be better prepared for the intensity of a final. An important hard nut for them Will Day will not be 100% if he plays and Libba will test his shoulder out early.

Dogs by 15 points.

I know the club wasn't happy with the Friday night fixture due to the AFLW game, but I feel like the time slot suits us more than the Hawks. We've had a few Friday night games the last couple of years with the Hawks last one coming in round 15 2022. They have been the day warriors this year playing a lot in that Sat / Sun afternoon slot.

May not mean much but there is a little something there with preparation and adapting to the night game etc.

"
It’s a Friday night game, which I think will suit us. There’ll be a bit of dew around making it a bit harder for the dogs tall forward. If it rains it will be harder again for the dogs tall forwards to capitalise on their height advantage. And you sense guys like Moore, Watson and Breust will dine out.

Also the Dogs game plan is reliant on two things; the output of Bont and the tall forwards to fire and kick straight. Hawks strengths are a little harder to define and negate."

Yeah, They don't watch our games

Frej is straight line quick when he wants to be, but is he agile?

Anyone else see a future Tom Green in Freijah? Same height, has the skills, speed, strong build, everything to make him a midfield powerhouse in a couple years time.

The way he can stay composed in heavy traffic and slow time is outstanding - the Pendlebury effect.

He has the speed to burst out of a stoppage too. No pressure on the kid, but he is a seriously exciting prospect.

The trade was essentially;
Pick 10
Pick 13 (could slide)
Pick 17

For

Sanders
Freijah
Croft

Whatever we are paying Sam Power, double it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back