Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniel did a great job on Darcy Jones last week because he was able to bring him to ground due to not being significantly outsized. Watson appears a more powerful player but I see where the poster was coming from.

Darcy Jones is a better player. Watson is severely overrated. Big club and high draft pick will do that.

I've got a six game membership but a social club membership too. I live 3 1/2 hours away, seems foolish to buy a full membership. I've supported the club plenty over the years, including bigfooty player sponsorships, full memberships when I lived in Melbourne etc.

Will Hawks loose to Bulldogs because they are defensively to weak?

Do Hawks have a plan to stop JUH, Darcy and Naughton?

Can look at it both ways. Clearly the midfield battle will be very important.

Hawthorn is 2nd in the league for points scored in stoppage against teams in the bottom 10 AFL clubs. Hawthorn is 13th in the league for points scored in stoppage against teams in the top eight AFL clubs.

Absolutely. I'm a full 11 game home member, social club, reserved seat, Premiership Circle and I've been to three games this year due to family and work commitments.

But, like a lot of us here, I've put my hand deep into my pockets because I love the club.

Maybe the solution is a firm cut off date for members so you have to sign up by May or whatever if you want your membership to access final tickets

I don't know, but I do know that 1 and three game members who signed up with a few weeks to go in the season should have to wait for general admission access to finals.
Even that's problematic. I asked in December last year how I could pay from interstate without paying by credit card. I said it was because I didn't trust the club with my card details (and I don't ... they auto-renewed when I didn't authorise it). I was just being a surly old bastard but I was trying to make a point. Not sure if anyone would have taken much notice but I still thought it was a cloud worth yelling at.

It took until August and many emails before it finally got resolved. Eight months.

As it turned out I haven't been able to get to a game, so it's just a donation anyway.

I'm not in social club but I fully agree SC & PC & reserved seat members should get in for their chop before general membership get a crack. It's time the club stopped taking for granted the members who are first in and pay big bucks to be in the Bulldog army.

Even that's problematic. I asked in December last year how I could pay from interstate without paying by credit card. I said it was because I didn't trust the club with my card details (and I don't ... they auto-renewed when I didn't authorise it). I was just being a surly old bastard but I was trying to make a point. Not sure if anyone would have taken much notice but I still thought it was a cloud worth yelling at.

It took until August and many emails before it finally got resolved. Eight months.

As it turned out I haven't been able to get to a game, so it's just a donation anyway.

I'm not in social club but I fully agree SC & PC & reserved seat members should get in for their chop before general membership get a crack. It's time the club stopped taking for granted the members who are first in and pay big bucks to be in the Bulldog army.

Spot on. I think we can all agree looking after your members (not your Johnny Come Lately's) is a core part of any football club business and after the ticketing experience this time around it's clear that socks need to be pulled up across the board (Ticketek included).

True.

Nearly cost us this game...oh wait.

Now toddle off and worry about how many players your club will be able to keep for 2025.

nah, no need to worry about RFC, I have no connection with RFC in Melbourne and I am not fussed that much about who we keep or not.

the draft is on our critical path as with the spoon hard for us to contend atm, and getting value for the club down the track

Always a bit silly to categorise people like this. What about someone who buys a GA membership because they don't mind the seats or sits with different people across games, but spends hundreds in merchandise or donations or other ways of supporting the clubs?

the only way to shut me up is beat the Hawks on Friday, no?

Pretty ballsy of you to come in here trolling, as a supporter of the clear worst team in the comp.

Let’s take a look at where Richmond are at…

Worst coach in the league. That’s coming from plenty of tigers fans, not just every other fan in the comp.

Losing your 3 best players in the off season. Aging defence and forward line, which will see more retirements in the next year or two. Your list is going to be even more dog shit for the next 5+ years than it already is.

The only thing you’ve got going for you is the likelyhood of having several top picks in this years draft. But even then that doesn’t guarantee a strong list build and future success. Just look at North.

You had it all following your 3 flags, a great coach, a great list, the best CEO in the comp. And now what?? Nothing.

In the words of the great Ace Rothstein… “we ****ed it all up”

Enjoy the next 20 years in the AFL wilderness, Ace. It’s not like you haven’t been there before 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always a bit silly to categorise people like this. What about someone who buys a GA membership because they don't mind the seats or sits with different people across games, but spends hundreds in merchandise or donations or other ways of supporting the clubs?
Of course. There are many ways to skin the cat ... and for any exception you care to throw up. For instance give members "fly buys" points toward higher levels of finals ticket priority for their accumulated merchandise purchases if that is a legitimate concern. Maybe give extra fly-buys points for continuous years of membership ... and so on.

The central point that was being made was that by having late-season sales of ultra-cheap memberships that give equal access to finals tickets the club undercuts its own loyal members who buy their full season memberships without fail and usually before Christmas every year.

Sort out that problem and the rest is minor detail.

Daniel Hoyne from Champion Data giving hawks almost no chance of winning this game. He says that comp wide, we have the best profile, territory game, midfield, defence and forward line.

Apparently our pressure and contested game stack up very well in finals footy, Hawks not so much because they rely on uncontested ball movement.

He also tipped us to win the flag.

Daniel Hoyne from Champion Data giving hawks almost no chance of winning this game. He says that comp wide, we have the best profile, territory game, midfield, defence and forward line.

Apparently our pressure and contested game stack up very well in finals footy, Hawks not so much because they rely on uncontested ball movement.

Hes been tipping us to win the flag from 6th before even the GWS game.

Crikey I hope the boys aren't reading that shit. Hawthorn will romp it in if they are.

Crikey I hope the boys aren't reading that shit. Hawthorn will romp it in if they are.

Agreed, the only way we lose imo is if we go out cocky and turn the ball over 100 times like last time we played Hawks.

They scored something like 68 points from turnover that day. We are averaging around 20 in the back half of the year, having played all top 4 teams.

Is the Hawks game based on running and precise kicking?
Its a strong part of their game and it starts in the backline but its not just run and gun it appears very structured and the players forward of the ball work hard to free up players to receive the next possession. I also think they play good contested footy. IMO its their strategies, structures and the 100% buy in from all players on how to perform their roles that is impressive and is a credit to their coaching. I'm interested to see how their forward line functions against our backline.

It's a pity that one side will not progress as they are both playing great footy.

It's a pity that one side will not progress as they are both playing great footy.
Champion Data currently negotiating with AFL HQ behind the scene to make an exception to this.

Winner goes straight through to the GF. Loser earns a week off, straight to prelim.

Finals experience counts for a lot. That's why I think we'll win. We've been around the block. It's going to be contest after contest. We're good at wearing teams down.

Naugtons job, and indeed every forwards job, and everyone else's job, is to ensure the ball gets to Sam Darcy. I'm only half joking when I say that. Naughton and Weightman are sacrificing their games for The Chosen One. He's that good.

Though I think it's Liam Jones first finsl? Not so worried about that. He'll be OK.

Agreed, the only way we lose imo is if we go out cocky and turn the ball over 100 times like last time we played Hawks.

They scored something like 68 points from turnover that day. We are averaging around 20 in the back half of the year, having played all top 4 teams.

Well no, another way we could lose is if our forwards have an all too frequent stinker in front of goal and we kick 8.16 or 12.20 or something and the Hawks are reasonably accurate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back