Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Me too, the thing with Westy relative to VDM and McNeil is how clean he is with his gather of the ground ball, even in the wet. He plays like it is a dry ball sometimes. One touch, doesn’t fumble often. Whereas my worry with the other two is that under pressure they can be susceptible to fumbles, add in the wet weather expected and it will get worse.

So my preference would definitely be to have West in the team. I know VDM and McNeil both bring other things to the game in terms of repeat sprints and pressure but I think West would have been perfect for the type of conditions and pressure we are going to see on Friday night. I had thought he was a lock in this team now, not on the outer. So it’s a real shame if he is not in the team.
If he was in form I'd 100% agree. He seems a bit down on output, I'm guessing the cracked jaw had taken the wind out of his sails and he needs to find touch again before being considered for a call up.

Funny that Hawks fans think Bramble is some weak link because they delisted him. I don’t think they realise he’s turned into an elite AA caliber defender this year.

His speed and pin point accuracy will be key to winning this game.
He’s played very well second half of the season but this is a massive stretch.

Can't believe West isn't getting picked.

West 25 Goals BDM 9
West 67 tackles VDM 42 tackles

i just can't get my head around how VDM has played every game and how he is getting picked ahead of West

VDM stays in so he can be scapegoat should things go poorly. A selfless role that takes the collective pressure of the rest of the team.

Funny that Hawks fans think Bramble is some weak link because they delisted him. I don’t think they realise he’s turned into an elite AA caliber defender this year.

His speed and pin point accuracy will be key to winning this game.

well, hes handy in offence, but hawks fans are talking to exploit his defensive abilities.

is he a good defender? I have no idea. I guess that I havnt noticed he is a bad defender says something - probably that he doesnt get involved in enought defensive contests to notice.

Last edited:
Arty was great in the last quarter v gws

Kicked his goal and set up naughton with an awesome pass

2 goals directly created at an important time.

No way vdm makes that shot and 5050 on the pass.

McKenzie is a loss for us.

Still developing but is a very classy in an under user who has especially thrived in the last few weeks as he has gotten more midfield time.

He wouldn't hurt as much if Day was playing, but it will hurt us more because he was the perfect depth to cover him and now we are forced to rotate probably with ward who's is smaller and not as primed for CBA.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think Hawthorn has already exceeded expectations this year, you also have a young team, so lots of finals for Hawthorn to look forward too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there’s good crazy Bevo, like bringing Arty in for his first game of the year and it paying off.

Then there’s crazy bevo that makes me very nervous, which is rolling with McNeil over West. Recognising that it’s a structural choice over a talent choice.

But you’re choosing a very limited McNeil who can run a bit quicker than West who is a much much more capable player. seems overthinking it. It’s not like they’re incompatible position-wise either. West has had a good enough season to have credits in the bank.

But McNeil is obviously seen as a core part of this seasons side so let’s see.

there’s good crazy Bevo, like bringing Arty in for his first game of the year and it paying off.

Then there’s crazy bevo that makes me very nervous, which is rolling with McNeil over West. Recognising that it’s a structural choice over a talent choice.

But you’re choosing a very limited McNeil who can run a bit quicker than West who is a much much more capable player. seems overthinking it. It’s not like they’re incompatible position-wise either. West has had a good enough season to have credits in the bank.

But McNeil is obviously seen as a core part of this seasons side so let’s see.
It’s quite simple. McNeil must be doing what Bevo wants him to do. It’s not a matter of who we think is a better player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back