Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we run the gauntlet and bring back a green JJ Johannisen? It really comes down to LEGACY VS FORM. He can't play anywhere else but the Back Flank and Bramble(Our weakest link down there) has done enough to hold his spot, at least for now.

I say, If he performs well in the VFL final and we squeeze past the Hawks. A semi Final comeback could be on the table.
Back 7 is settled.

If he comes back it's as a pressure forward.

Do we run the gauntlet and bring back a green JJ Johannisen? It really comes down to LEGACY VS FORM. He can't play anywhere else but the Back Flank and Bramble(Our weakest link down there) has done enough to hold his spot, at least for now.

I say, If he performs well in the VFL final and we squeeze past the Hawks. A semi Final comeback could be on the table.
I would be sticking with Bramble either way. Our defence is pretty well settled which is really important going into finals. Bramble despite a few early glitches has actually been fantastic for most of the season in my view. I for one have really built trust in him. He has played virtually every game which considering where he came from is quite an achievement. I like his pace and given his form and the stability of our defence I wouldn’t be messing with it. I love JJ and will forever but he has missed too much footy in the back half of the season to be considered unless we get an injury to one of our half back runners, including Bramble.

Assuming he's fit I think dropping Vandemeer against the best running team in the comp would be madness.
If we lose this game it will be on the spread and in transition, two areas we have been significantly improved this year in large part due to Vandemeer
VDM will definitely play if fit. His run is super important to us

Bummer! The ONE time slot that I cannot attend OR watch. Was super keen on a Saturday night, or Saturday afternoon slot. Bought tickets to some bands two months ago. On the plus side, it looks like we will have some decent breaks between our games and will be on the Friday night slot for the rest of the finals.

Ignoring Jones for the moment.

The only change I would make, is West coming in for Vandermeer.
Unless it’s the Beatles supported by Bruce Springsteen cancel your tickets

This is going to be a cracking game. We should have them covered at every position on talent, but Sam Mitchell brings a certain magic to their team that makes them dangerous.

Jones out wouldn’t be too bad, as Lobb is a brick wall. As long as we have Jones back for the Geelong game so Lobb can stick to Cameron.

Dogs to show their speed and class to win by 34, while hawks lead at qtr time.
Dogs will be shoving his wand up his arse

VDM is a huge decision in a cut throat final. I'm not a hug fan of his, his role is important v the Hawks but his hamstring is increasingly becoming more and more unreliable. Bevo has persisted all year with him so my guess is he plays if the medicos clear him.

Also don't trust McNeil in a big MCG final, although he didnt do much wrong yesterday I would drop him for West and keep keep Arty in the squad.

Daniel played his best game for the year and McRea was V good also, their experience will be important.

Gallagher was also good yesterday, I'd still rather go with Harmes or Poulter but I've made peace with fact Bevo will roll with Gags.

In: West, Coffield (if Jones goes)
Out: McNeil, L.Jones (if Christensen decides to be a bitch)
You want the two quickest players in our side to not play against a smallish speedy side. Yeah nah
PS this is my opinion I wouldn’t want the gods removing it for being a snide remark

As a prep I take the harder game in the last 2 games anytime over 2 soft wins the hawks over the tigers and north. Just think we will be better prepared for the intensity of a final. An important hard nut for them Will Day will not be 100% if he plays and Libba will test his shoulder out early.

Dogs by 15 points.
Agree and just think we are a better team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I was about to post this. Almost every thread, on every site or page. People have declared that we are pretenders, despite winning vs better quality opponents. And that the Hawks are in better form and are going to thump us.

Might as well not go guys. Apparently the Hawks have this one in the bag according to their fans and everyone else.
Tell ‘em their dreaming

It is obvious that Adam has a problem with his calf not sure how bad it is. I think he plays but to win the flag we need him not to break down with a calf injury. I wonder if it is possible for him to be the sub and we use him only if the game is tight or we get an injury. To win and to give another week would be ideal.

It is obvious that Adam has a problem with his calf not sure how bad it is. I think he plays but to win the flag we need him not to break down with a calf injury. I wonder if it is possible for him to be the sub and we use him only if the game is tight or we get an injury. To win and to give another week would be ideal.
Precisely why top 4 and double chance is such a benefit. For situations like this.

With scans showing no injury and a 12 day break he should be fine

Seriously in what world do you have Bramble as our weakest link???? Best 22 comfortably and a shrewd but top line pick up

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some were saying Cadman's head was "slammed into the turf with force"

😅
Yeah a lot of ex Hawthorn players now in the media, were trying hard to get Jones suspended. I hope the Bulldogs faithful were pointing that out all over social media. We need to fight fire with fire.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back