Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Ads appeared to significantly lack his burst speed and power out of a stoppage on the weekend. That makes sense if he’s having calf issues. He’s a consummate professional and won’t leave any stone unturned in his recovery so here’s hoping.
On the Ads & Dunks podcast, Ads said, "I'm not in doubt".

He talked about being really pleased he was able to get through the game with calf tightness.

He also said this week he won't train which is not uncommon for him when there isn't a match to play that week. He said he knows his body well and this is what works for him.

I cannot pin point exactly what it is but I would keep Arty Jones in the side.

His game was good yesterday without been spectacular and he is a risk to play but the reward can be big.

Clean, genuine pace and good in traffic
If VDM doesn't play Arty had to stay in.
They play similar roles - low production, high pressure HF.

Teams just walk out of our defence with cheap 45 kicks if we don't have someone playing that role.

Did anyone catch Sam Mitchell's interview on one of the footy programs (Sorry, can't recall which one) where they showed him a clip of an interview they did with him two years prior?

In the interview from 2022 (obviously when the Hawks were struggling), Mitchell said they don't want to be playing like Geelong and Sydney because most opposition sides will now be trying to do that. He said they are playing their own brand which other teams will eventually follow in 2025. But when opposition teams begin to play that brand, they'll be three years behind Hawthorn...

And then they cut to live vision where Mitchell said something along the lines of, "Everything I said there is now showing in the way we play. We've put in two years of work to get to where we are now. We believe our brand stacks up for finals and we're excited to see how our brand stacks up."

I've spent half my life time believing Mitchell has one of the best football brains around. He was very clever as a player and as an outsider it seems he might be on his way to becoming a great coach. Man I'd love to halt his confidence / excitement.

If VDM doesn't play Arty had to stay in.
They play similar roles - low production, high pressure HF.

Teams just walk out of our defence with cheap 45 kicks if we don't have someone playing that role.
Frankly I'd rather Arty as he generates more pressure. His 18 pressure acts in 60% game time are tied with Laiths 2nd best effort this season in a full game.

Mitchell, Sicily and co already talking trade period and excited about players wanting to come to Hawthorn.

Man I hope we absolutely crush them.
They certainly seem to be favoured by people tipping.

I'm hoping that the dogs see themselves as underdogs which always goes well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell, Sicily and co already talking trade period and excited about players wanting to come to Hawthorn.

Man I hope we absolutely crush them.
We are favourites and will remain so barring final selection drama. I am very confident going into this one.

On the Ads & Dunks podcast, Ads said, "I'm not in doubt".

He talked about being really pleased he was able to get through the game with calf tightness.

He also said this week he won't train which is not uncommon for him when there isn't a match to play that week. He said he knows his body well and this is what works for him.
I listened to that part of the podcast too. Almost certain he will play unless he further injures the calf.

However, based on the club medical report and John Ralphs reporting on the mid-week tackle it sounds like he will have to play through with some sort calf strain throughout the finals.

I have no idea how this will play out. I wouldn't be surprised by either side winning by 10 goals.
The one thing that gives me real confidence is that we've pretty much won every game where we've "turned up to play", with perhaps the exception of the Gather Round game in Geelong which was a narrow loss.

You would hope that we are switched on for a final.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brian Royal was I think 199 games and 299 goals from memeroy

Des Meagher, ex-Hawks winger, finished on 198. I recall he visited Choco in hospital after he was injured in game #199, and a photo appeared of both of them in the HS (or still The Sun in 1993?). I thought at the time Meagher was credited with 199 as well, maybe revised down since?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back