Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Arty had 4 disposals in 2 qtrs and was just unsighted until bobbing up in the last when the game was done. Would be a huge mistake taking him in to a final. West, Harmes, Garcia or even JJ before him.
Castanga in the Tigers 2017 premiership side 10 disposals in 4 quarters in the Grand Final.

Baker, Bolton and Rioli 2019 12 or under possessions in the Grand Final

You do understand the concept and importance of role players?

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Castanga in the Tigers 2017 premiership side 10 disposals in 4 quarters in the Grand Final.

Baker, Bolton and Rioli 2019 12 or under possessions in the Grand Final

You do understand the concept and importance of role players?

I think any of the players mentioned by TMoney22 would be better than Arty in that role, simply because of more experience in said roles. I love Arty but finals are no time for sentimentality.

Arty had 4 disposals in 2 qtrs and was just unsighted until bobbing up in the last when the game was done. Would be a huge mistake taking him in to a final. West, Harmes, Garcia or even JJ before him.
That's a harsh take on Arty's game for mine.

Overall, after being subbed in, he had 8 possessions, 224 metres gained, 5 score involvements, a goal and a goal assist.

Given the role he was playing, I reckon his contribution was pretty good. He was clearly covering plenty of ground and doing his job.

Ball in hand, I reckon he was an upgrade on VDM.

I don't know if he'll make the 23 for the final, I'd have him behind West, but if VDM isn't rock solid 100%, I'd be happy for Arty to play his role.

I think any of the players mentioned by TMoney22 would be better than Arty in that role, simply because of more experience in said roles. I love Arty but finals are no time for sentimentality.
Neither Harmes, Garcia or JJ play that role.

West is an obvious in, VDM would likely be in before Arty but Arty played it as well as VDM.

VDM'S tackling is pretty average so big body or not he does not have Arty well covered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the best in season turnarounds I have seen.

Early season couldn't hit a target, poor defensively and poor decision making.

After being made sub became an AA defender and justified in full his long term contract.

Also noticed he is more vocal on the leadership front on ground
From memory didn't Dale have an interrupted preseason? May account for his early season form as his match fitness wasn't up to scratch early doors.

Will Day officially ruled out.
Massive for us. He is arguably their most talented player. Him missing the early rounds really hurt the Hawks in the first few weeks of the season

From memory didn't Dale have an interrupted preseason? May account for his early season form as his match fitness wasn't up to scratch early doors.
He had a hamstring issue and missed the pre season games.Came in for game 1 and took a while to get going.His form was preparation and injury related. He was the sub for one game.This somehow became Dale was dropped.The amount of times media commentators needed to be corrected and told he was not dropped, just the sub once drove me insane.

Bailey Dale was a liability earlier this season.
Bevo managed him superbly.

West in for Arty and Macrae back to sub for mine.

Playing VDM and McNeil may seem strange but slowing their ball movement from defence will be important.

Day being out is a crazy advantage In what will be a Midfield arm wrestle for the ages. This is made even better because on the Ads and Dunks podcast, Treloar stated that he isn't in any doubt to play and never really was.

Reassuring Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back