Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

In terms of players putting their hands up today, the big two were Harmes and Jones. JJ was a little rusty to start off but his run out of defence later on was really good but I'd be wary of bringing him in.

Sanders and Busslinger were both very good but I'm not bringing either in unless there are injuries.

Let them worry about the weather or the time or whatever. Don’t think any of that stuff matters. We turn up in the right frame of mind, we win.
It's hard to imagine we don't turn up in the right frame of mind. As a player, it's a massive stage, crowd, occasion, the threat is credible and the stakes could barely be higher. How could you not be up for it?

I'll take a one point win. The Hawks are proper opposition and it won't and shouldn't be easy.

But if it does rain.....I don't think it hurts us.

In terms of players putting their hands up today, the big two were Harmes and Jones. JJ was a little rusty to start off but his run out of defence later on was really good but I'd be wary of bringing him in.

Sanders and Busslinger were both very good but I'm not bringing either in unless there are injuries.
The good thing is the challengers for starting spots are in form. If there are lingering injury concerns with West and VDM, players in form will replace them.

There is a possibility that Arty is better at AFL level than VFL

Seems to be better suited to playing in a higher standard league

He moved well and is a one touch player
Those who have watched him throughout the year have seen significant development.

Early in the season would have had him as a certain delete, now borderline or better best 23. A cleaner, quicker, more effective VDM

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gosh I hope it pisses down Friday, some of these Hawks fans think we shouldn’t bother rocking up if it rains. They are going to be in for a shock.

Cody needs to get a kick against the Hawks, in his last 4 games he's had 5,3,11 and 1 touches and kicked just the 1 goal

Hardwick has had his measure thus far. Makes a little sense, Hardwick is also very good in the air which is one of Cody's strengths.

Cody is a better player than those numbers though, hopefully he is ready for the matchup

Hardwick has had his measure thus far. Makes a little sense, Hardwick is also very good in the air which is one of Cody's strengths.

Cody is a better player than those numbers though, hopefully he is ready for the matchup
They can keep each other busy, leave Naughton, Darcy, Jamarra to do their thing.

Now Hawks fans think because it’s forecast to rain we stand no chance. Just conveniently ignoring we produced the two best wet weather performances this year (GWS and Geelong away).
🤣 we absolutely love it in the rain. There is nothing that make me more confident than wet weather footy.

For those stats obsessed people out there is there a way to look up our recent win loss record in the rain?

I’ll never forget the time Bont walked on water in Adelaide.

i really want Harmes in the team for a big final. It’s probably only Gallagher’s spot he could realistically take but I’d doubt they will pull the trigger. Jones as sub.

In: Harmes, West
Out: Gallagher, VDM

Ultimately I think we’ll have no changes if VDM gets up.

So it seems the question marks are:
West vs Harmes
Arty vs VDM

Think the rest of the side is pretty settled
I think that’s about right but would put O’Neill in there as well. 2 of those 5 would be the main selection considerations. I would normally reward the ones who got us here in VDM and West. Problem is that both are under an injury cloud and slightly off whereas Arty and Harmes appear to be peaking at the right time.
Might be some private training sessions to settle it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes VS Hawks - Elimination Final @ MCG Friday 6th Sep 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back