Prediction Changes vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I would be far more comfortable about this coming match if M.Allen was in for Waterman and Ainsworth were to replace one of Rioli/Ryan/Cameron/Petruccelle as the lack of stoppage rotations is hurting us at the moment.

Yep, well observed post. This Waterman business is bordering on delusion.

Apparently we're playing games with Gov and Cole will come in for him as a late change on game day.

Would explain how inexplicably tall this team is.

The team is inexplicably tall because North have three true tall forwards and Hurn is out. Rotham isn’t the right guy to go with any of them, it’s asking an enormous amount from Shep AND an out of form TB to lock their guys up well enough that Gov is somewhat freed up.

Schofield/TB/Gov is a much more suitable group than Shep/TB/Gov. Also gives us the option of going Schofield/TB/Shep as lockdowns, with Gov completely freed up to intercept.

It’s a very tall lineup, yes, but it works with what North do, probably the only team in footy that goes in as tall up top as we do.

The team is inexplicably tall because North have three true tall forwards and Hurn is out. Rotham isn’t the right guy to go with any of them, it’s asking an enormous amount from Shep AND an out of form TB to lock their guys up well enough that Gov is somewhat freed up.

Schofield/TB/Gov is a much more suitable group than Shep/TB/Gov. Also gives us the option of going Schofield/TB/Shep as lockdowns, with Gov completely freed up to intercept.

It’s a very tall lineup, yes, but it works with what North do, probably the only team in footy that goes in as tall up top as we do.
Yeah Brown is 200 cm and Larkey is 198 cm. Wood is 192 cm. Pretty darn tall forwardline.

Not too many teams with 4 KPFs named though. Waterman’s the odd one out

Our best back 7 is

Hurn Barrass Sheppard
Duggan McGovern Jetta

The spare was Cole but he’s been overtaken by Nelson for the time being

Watson is in for Duggan meaning Schofield is effectively replacing Hurn

Given Norths taller than average front half and that Schofield whilst taller than Hurn is no less mobile it doesn’t make sense to say we’ve gone too tall

If McGovern doesn’t come up he’ll be replaced by Rotham not Cole

There’s a case to be made that Achee should be playing ahead of Waterman but there’s not much in it and I doubt that decision will be the difference between winning and losing

Our best back 7 is

Hurn Barrass Sheppard
Duggan McGovern Jetta

The spare was Cole but he’s been overtaken by Nelson for the time being

Watson is in for Duggan meaning Schofield is effectively replacing Hurn

Given Norths taller than average front half and that Schofield whilst taller than Hurn is no less mobile it doesn’t make sense to say we’ve gone too tall

If McGovern doesn’t come up he’ll be replaced by Rotham not Cole

There’s a case to be made that Achee should be playing ahead of Waterman but there’s not much in it and I doubt that decision will be the difference between winning and losing
Is sneeze over his calf issue though? Would he have been available this week?

Not sure about pumped but I do have a feeling we might learn we're not up to it this year for whatever reason. Got a bad feeling, same as I had vs Pies.
Oh god and then we’d have a week of:

“Brave shinboners beat the premiers at home”
“Kangas defy gruelling cross continental travel schedule to upset West Coast’s top 4 ambitions”
“Gerard, just how much of a master tactician is Rhyce Shaw?”

The greatest travesty in Australian sport right here. I'm sick of tired of #KingCole being made the scapegoat here.

That said you can never keep a king down for too long. Just watch King Arthur.

Not sure about pumped but I do have a feeling we might learn we're not up to it this year for whatever reason. Got a bad feeling, same as I had vs Pies.

Feels like the best team that shaw has had at his disposal. We have been going light on mids recently and we bring in 2 this week, which might help us run out the game. Thompson’s a loss obviously, which might leave us exposed down back if you win heaps of the ball. Couldn’t see us being able to defend as many inside 50’s as last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you've been following them since the change of coach you'd know they are playing a tougher brand and have been very competitive.

If you've been following them since the change of coach you'd know they are playing a tougher brand and have been very competitive.
For all your overanxious negativity, you are correct on this.
Roos have been playing a very hard and competitive brand of footy. If we actually show up and match that, our mids get their hands dirty (as the newest catch phrase goes) and are preparred to work hard then our class will shine through and we win easy.
If on the other hand we try playing pretty footy and **** around with it too much and wait for someone else to do the work or think we can get away with playing just 2 quarters of footy then we lose.
I fully expect this to be the game where WC decide its business time and get the business done. I reckon we have been pacing ourselves all season, getting through and doing what needs to be done with the bare minimum until such time that we need to press the GO button. That time has come.

Roos have been playing a very hard and competitive brand of footy. If we actually show up and match that, our mids get their hands dirty (as the newest catch phrase goes) and are preparred to work hard then our class will shine through and we win easy.
If on the other hand we try playing pretty footy and fu** around with it too much and wait for someone else to do the work or think we can get away with playing just 2 quarters of footy then we lose.
I fully expect this to be the game where WC decide its business time and get the business done. I reckon we have been pacing ourselves all season, getting through and doing what needs to be done with the bare minimum until such time that we need to press the GO button. That time has come.
I"ve been waiting for the hammer to fall but seems to me only 1/2 a game of intense footy is all we can deliver at the moment.

If on the other hand we try playing pretty footy and fu** around with it too much and wait for someone else to do the work or think we can get away with playing just 2 quarters of footy then we lose.
Exactly, there have been times when we play our pretty or champagne football, when we're on top of the opp, and start to lairize around, and then been ripped apart in next quarter. Hate that sh*t!
But while I'd like to think we've been pacing ourselves and just doing what needs to be done, I bet Simmo would say 'We go into every game full tilt to win and what you see is us trying to fight a game out and win, it is what it is, what you see!" So to say we're suddenly going to press the turbo button and the whole team magically fires up to another level, seems irrational, fantasy stuff.
Yet this is what I hope to see - "Finals Mode!" The real team!
But as you say it takes everyone to get on board at the same time and go hard for 4 quarters.
The coach has declared that the time has come, the time is now, to press the GO button!
Will the team deliver?

I don't see our team as being too tall at all. We're lucky that our talls are pretty mobile so height isn't so bad (Hickey aside, but he goes alright).
The height certainly fits our marking game style.

Compared to our premiership side, there is a grand total of 1cm in total height added to that team this week.
The team named that day seemed to go ok, so quit with the pre-emptive melts.

Now, if it backfires by all means fold the club.

Would’ve liked to see another defender on the bench for Waterman and have Nelson tag Higgins in the middle. Glad to see Watson get another run

Yeah Brown is 200 cm and Larkey is 198 cm. Wood is 192 cm. Pretty darn tall forwardline.

Not too many teams with 4 KPFs named though. Waterman’s the odd one out

Would have thought Rotham would be good on Woods. 1cm difference and Rotham is quick.

Franky is 187cm though.

How silky does that half back line look with Jetts on one side and Watson the other.

Our half back and half forwards Jetta, Watson, Ryan and Rioli with Cameron in the pocket.:p:thumbsu::thumbsu:

If we are the team we think we are then this week is the week we flick the switch, find the next gear, go to the next level etc etc.
This is a non negotiable must win game.
With Richmond v Pies and Brissy playing Hawks in Tassie we could possibly get that game break we dropped against the pies.
Must win must win, just do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back