Changes Vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony??? He should stay.

Edwards out for Black (4 yesterday for NB).

I reckon Anthony had 6 turnovers yesterday. The opposition coach would be licking his lips if Anthony gets 25-30 touches as he doens't hurt you with them and he'll probably give it back to you 5-10 times.

I'm not blaming the forwards for yesterday. It's hard to kick goals when the Coaches game plan has you spending 60% of your time in OUR backline! Any chance we can actually have a forward start deep and lead up at the ball? All our goals come with the forwards running back towards our goal line after having sprinted 150m from our backline. Utter rubbish.

I love Lindsay's efforts and tackling, but you simply cannot afford to continue playing someone who misses easy shots. Either switch him to a HBF or drop him and bring in Warren. It's too demoralising. I'm not sure what's worse, that he missed the set shot from 20m or that we all KNEW he was going to miss it.

People blaming our back line have no idea. It's hard for anyone to defend when the ball is coming in like it has been. It's our midfield that's causing the problems. No pressure on the ball carrier. Thank god for Scotty Thompson and Spud Firritto. I think Grima needs to come in so we can release one of those boys from CHB and let them attack more.

We had 6am training according to reports, so BON not too thrilled with -55

Out: McIntosh (Inj) C.Delaney L.Adams K.Harper(rotation policy) Edwards Wright

In: Hansen Grima Mullett Greenwood Speight Warren

Firrito L.Delaney McKenzie
Atley Grima Thompson
Wells Ziebell Anthony
Goldstein Swallow Greenwood
Warren Hansen Cunnington
Thomas Petrie Harvey
Bastinac Speight Mullett J-Mac (S)

I think my side is better than BON's.

Out: McIntosh (inj), Wright (inj), Harper, Adams, C. Delaney, McKenzie
In: Hansen, Warren, Mullett, Greenwood, Grima, McMahon

B: McMahon - L. Delaney - Firrito
HB: Thompson - Grima - Macmillan
C: Wells - Swallow - Atley
HF: Warren - Hansen - Harvey
F: Edwards - Petrie - Thomas
R: Goldstein - Cunnington - Ziebell
Int: Bastinac - Mullett - Greenwood
Sub: Anthony

Hopefully McMahon is back, we miss him.

I think it's time to push Atley into the midfield. Whilst he has been fantastic down back his size, strength, evasive ability and burst from a pack is sorely needed in the guts.

Bastianc to the wing or half forward. No more major roles in the midfield rotations until he bulks up.

Adams and Harper out. Not doing enough to link midfield and attack. Time to go back and think about it.

Cunners straight into the guts with Levi, Swallow, Ziebell and Atley. Lets win some ****ing footy.

Talk about trigger finger.........he´s been in our bests for about a month now youre calling for his head on a stick??

Bad Call:thumbsdown:

Maybe it is, probably just after the game venting :p
I'm a big fan of Firrito but i just felt he was constantly outmarked and went to ground often.
I suppose the whole team got outmarked though since they won contested possessions by 54.

We really need Scott Mcmahon back, wonder how his sickness is going?

Maybe it is, probably just after the game venting :p
I'm a big fan of Firrito but i just felt he was constantly outmarked and went to ground often.
I suppose the whole team got outmarked though since they won contested possessions by 54.

We really need Scott Mcmahon back, wonder how his sickness is going?

Spud had a good month prior to yesterday.
But Spud is Spud, he'll do some things well and then make the same mistakes time and again.
Could we really argue if Spud went out in the interests of keeping Cam Delaney in?
Spud won't be there in three years, we need to work through the blokes who might be.
It's harsh on Spud, but it's the sort of tough decision we need to make.
McMillan had a stinker yesterday and on that form would be dropped, but I would rather we persisted with him because he could be very important long term.
Be interesting to see what tack we take.

Jmac was average but thought he did a couple of good things. Shows enough that he's the sort of player that will improve by being played in the firsts.

In the view similar to Old Skool's, can't all have young blokes in the side, need to keep Spud there at least while Scotty is out.

out: Liam Anthony
In: a "piece of shit"

reason... A piece of shit wouldn't stink it up as much as anthony...

I'm not going to another match this year if he is playing again...

Harsh but true.... :(. After the game other Roos supporters agreed we simply wont bother going if Anthony continues to be picked. Why waste our hard earned going and supporting if the coaching staff aren't earning theirs by getting rid of absolute spuds.

I dont care about his stats, he is so bad with the ball and defensively he actually helps the opposition by playing for us - and i'm being serious.

Even though all these changes wont be made, I would be happy with a combination in some form of;

OUT: McIntosh (if injured), Wright (if injured), Harvey (needs a spell, putrid yesterday), Anthony (obviously), C Delaney (not up to it yet), Edwards (lost all form), Harper, McMillan, Adams (VFL time to get back form)

IN: Mullett (why was he dropped?), Pederson (ditto), Warren (should already be playing), Hansen (can clunk some marks, OK defensively), Greenwood (brings some toughness) Speight (why not give an opportunity?), Black (ditto), Garlett (ditto), McMahon (straight in if fit).

Gibson would be another option, but cant be as he is still a rookie.

OUT: McIntosh (injured), Wright (injured/rest), Macmillan, Edwards, C Delaney
IN: Pedersen, Mullett, Greenwood, Warren, Grima

B: Atley L Delaney Thompson
HB: Firrito Grima McKenzie
C: Cunnington Ziebell Bastinac
HF: Harvey Pedersen Wells
F: Adams Petrie Thomas
R: Goldstein Greenwood Swallow
I: Anthony Warren Harper
S: Mullett

harper and patch are lucky to stay in the team this week and can't have poor games next week

IN: Hansen, Grima, Mullett, Greenwood, Warren, Garlett
OUT: C Delaney, McIntosh, Harper, Wright, Edwards, McKenzie

Thompson L Delaney Firrito
Atley Grima Macmillan
Wells Ziebell Bastinac
Anthony Hansen Harvey
Thomas Petrie Warren
Goldstein Swallow Cunnington
Mullett Greenwood Garlett Adams

A bit more grunt around the clearances and a changed forward structure.

IN: Mullett (why was he dropped?), Pederson (ditto), Warren (should already be playing), Hansen (can clunk some marks, OK defensively), Greenwood (brings some toughness) Speight (why not give an opportunity?), Black (ditto), Garlett (ditto), McMahon (straight in if fit).

EDIT: Grima in also.

Think the calls for McKenzie to be dropped are harsh. Surely he deserves a full game before getting the axe considering what most of the others served up.

IN: Hansen, Grima, Mullett, Greenwood, Warren, Garlett
OUT: C Delaney, McIntosh, Harper, Wright, Edwards, McKenzie

Thompson L Delaney Firrito
Atley Grima Macmillan
Wells Ziebell Bastinac
Anthony Hansen Harvey
Thomas Petrie Warren
Goldstein Swallow Cunnington
Mullett Greenwood Garlett Adams

A bit more grunt around the clearances and a changed forward structure.

A few points to note:
1. Everyone calling for Lachie to play will be the first to bag him if he doesnt perform from the get go, same with Milky.
2. If LA is a squib at least he stays on his feet as most of our other mids keep slipping over all the time, that is a sign of laziness as they dont need to butter up for the chase..
3. That effort by Patch in the last quarter when he put one hand out to mark instead of pushing harder for the chest mark was abysmal, would have been an easy goal.
4. Agree with most of the ins but would have Edwards/Warren lead up the ground to the wings, Lachie at CHF, and Dish deep in the square
5. We are obviously missing forward pressure, maybe Matty Campbell needs another chance to prove his worth-cant be worse than Harper/Jmac on yesterdays form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont agree with the view alot of you are saying about Edwards out. It wasnt really his fault yesterday. The supply he was getting was horrible. Structurally I think he is good to have in the side.

Although, i think its to much playing Goldstein, McIntosh, Petrie & Edwards all in the one side. Obviously McIntosh will miss this week but none the less point is all but the same.

I dont agree with the view alot of you are saying about Edwards out. It wasnt really his fault yesterday. The supply he was getting was horrible. Structurally I think he is good to have in the side.

do not agree with this,what is azza's disposal efficiency if not shooting for goal inside fifty,im tipping it would be pretty average,he usually immediately runs off his mark and is called to play on,resulting in attempted worm burner pass which hits a target about 1 in 5,or blind bomb to nowhere in particular,and usually travelling as far vertically as horizontally,also how many tackle are actually laid by him,if only he could teach lindsay how to kick a set shot

I'd call Ziebell out before LA. Call him soft, call him a squib but I'll call him one of the few that put their hand up today.

If you call shirking a tackle 20 metres from their goal at a critical stage of the game, instead electing to love push that player towards their goal putting a hand up, then fair enough. I honestly can't take any more of him. I don't care if he gets 50 possessions. Until he sees a psychologist and faces his onfield fear and anxiety, starts tackling when he should tackle, going when he should go, he discredits the jumper and cannot play in the blue and white elfs team of having a crack.

This LA obsession is truly disturbing.

It's as if people actually believe that demoting a bloke who averages 27 disposals will greatly improve this side.

[YOUTUBE]yp_l5ntikaU[/YOUTUBE]

This LA obsession is truly disturbing.

It's as if people actually believe that demoting a bloke who averages 27 disposals will greatly improve this side.

Whats more disturbing is when self-proclaimed footy experts cant see that his 27 possessions are generally rubbish and regularly favour the opposition, whilst his defensive side is embarrasingly pathetic.

Ignorance is bliss :thumbsu:

Whats more disturbing is when self-proclaimed footy experts cant see that his 27 possessions are generally rubbish and regularly favour the opposition, whilst his defensive side is embarrasingly pathetic.

Ignorance is bliss :thumbsu:

Exactly. It would be different if he was turning opponents inside out and running the lines and pin pointing 50 meter passes and lightning quick hand passes like Wells or Harvey, but the fact is he doesn't and the only reason he gets 27 touches is because the opposition let him get it, because they know he's not damaging. Dah Dah Dah.

27 touches at 70%, 2 goals, one goal assist from 67% game time.

LA annoys the living **** out of me at times but he is performing better that about 15 other blokes at the minute. He nees to work alot harder at the defensive side of his game but he presents all day long. Something some of our other players could learn from.

27 touches at 70%, 2 goals, one goal assist from 67% game time.

LA annoys the living **** out of me at times but he is performing better that about 15 other blokes at the minute. He nees to work alot harder at the defensive side of his game but he presents all day long. Something some of our other players could learn from.

Problem is, he may be taking away a position for a better player. Like Collingwood 2010, sometimes you have to take the risk.

Problem is, he may be taking away a position for a better player. Like Collingwood 2010, sometimes you have to take the risk.
Maybe, but there are currently about 15 blokes who should be dropped based on output.

If we are all up and running, the midfield looks sweet and is winning the footy and spreading, the forward line is functioning and we are getting drive off half back and LA is still butchering the ball and not getting involved in scoring chains then out he goes. At the minute we need his run, because even if he turns it over 30% of the time he still provides more outlet and more of a drive than the majority of our midfield put together.

When the day comes that we can afford to leave him out I will be one happy camper because it means we demand excellence from our outside mids and can afford to enforce those demands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes Vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back