Changes Vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

27 touches at 70%, 2 goals, one goal assist from 67% game time.

LA annoys the living **** out of me at times but he is performing better that about 15 other blokes at the minute. He nees to work alot harder at the defensive side of his game but he presents all day long. Something some of our other players could learn from.

Your reliance on disposal efficiancy %'s to justify LA (in this and other threads) is flawed IMO BTron.

That is a meaningless stat for mine- if it isnt an obvious "clanger" it is treated as positive disposal which is misleading. It doesnt take into account the countless times he passes to players under massive pressure, releasing the ball to noone when about to tackled, hospital kicks to one on three etc etc.

Your reliance on disposal efficiancy %'s to justify LA (in this and other threads) is flawed IMO BTron.

That is a meaningless stat for mine- if it isnt an obvious "clanger" it is treated as positive disposal which is misleading. It doesnt take into account the countless times he passes to players under massive pressure, releasing the ball to noone when about to tackled, hospital kicks to one on three etc etc.
Why is he then any different to any other ****ing player in the 22 who does exactly the same?? He sure as **** aint Pat Malone when it comes to poor decisions. He does however get forward and have an impact on the scoreboard, he does get back and provide an outlet for under pressure defenders and he does spread better than anyone at the minute. If everyone worked as hard as he does to provide an option we would not be in this mess.

Edit: a 50/50 ball or better is an effective disposal according to Champion Data.

Problem is, he may be taking away a position for a better player. Like Collingwood 2010, sometimes you have to take the risk.

Oh Bullshit!

I'm starting to wonder if double agents from the West Coast and Fremantle football clubs are social engineering this board.

LA annoys the living **** out of me at times but he is performing better that about 15 other blokes at the minute. He nees to work alot harder at the defensive side of his game but he presents all day long. Something some of our other players could learn from.

Absolutely, He has been outperfoming Adams,Petrie,Wells, Harvey and Ziebell . All senior, well seasoned performers, with the exception of JZ. These players lift and suddenly LA doesn't get noticed:rolleyes:.

75% of our supporters are totally dillusional and I was one of them until yesterday afternoon when I changed and I don't give a shit about winning 3 of next 4 against pathetic opponents. Completely flattening.

Maybe it is, probably just after the game venting :p
I'm a big fan of Firrito but i just felt he was constantly outmarked and went to ground often.
I suppose the whole team got outmarked though since they won contested possessions by 54.

We really need Scott Mcmahon back, wonder how his sickness is going?

Youre right Kanga!!
If I lived in Melbourne Id be steaming!!

This LA obsession is truly disturbing.

It's as if people actually believe that demoting a bloke who averages 27 disposals will greatly improve this side.

It is, It's Stantonesque.

He copped it for several years because he was soft, used to just bomb it long, shit kicking skills etc.
It wasn't until Watson, Hocking matured that it took the pressure off him and now he use his best ability he has, and that his he never stops running and can find pace.

If our grunt midfielders were doing there job properly Anthony is the perfect foil.

It is, It's Stantonesque.

He copped it for several years because he was soft, used to just bomb it long, shit kicking skills etc.
It wasn't until Watson, Hocking matured that it took the pressure off him and now he use his best ability he has, and that his he never stops running and can find pace.

If our grunt midfielders were doing there job properly Anthony is the perfect foil.

He is performing his role more consistently than Bastinac, MacMillan, Wells, Harvey and Harper.

He is our prime outside run and carry player so far this year.

Those numbers tell the tale.......and its bad news for the other members of the team. LA is in the team because he is doing exactly what BS wants......Run, Run and when you can't anymore Run!!! he is at the moment the most consistent in following the coaches plan and is there as an example.

Why is he then any different to any other ****ing player in the 22 who does exactly the same?? He sure as **** aint Pat Malone when it comes to poor decisions. He does however get forward and have an impact on the scoreboard, he does get back and provide an outlet for under pressure defenders and he does spread better than anyone at the minute. If everyone worked as hard as he does to provide an option we would not be in this mess.

Edit: a 50/50 ball or better is an effective disposal according to Champion Data.

You make a good case but I still disagree. He is far worse in disposal than you make out and whilst many others turn it over also, with LA its just too bad for AFL level in far too many instances (combined with all his other faults being slow, soft, poorly skilled etc).

He is the ultimate example of a list clogger IMO. However, you aren't alone in thinking he is doing OK, we all see things differently sometimes :thumbsu:

The only thing keeping him in the side is his possession count. He is one of the best accumulators we have in the team.

There is almost nothing else to his game that is noteworthy.

He actually had one of his better games on the weekend, but it was still littered with moments where he turned the ball over kicking to bad areas of the ground, refused to block or draw an opponent after hand balling, and in general refused to go when it was his turn.

You could almost say his game in a nutshell reflects the current style we are serving up.

He is performing his role more consistently than Bastinac, MacMillan, Wells, Harvey and Harper.

He is our prime outside run and carry player so far this year.
That's all very nice, but to turn the ball over so much is deflating to team, and more importantly ME it happened right in front me time and time again.

He must go!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's all very nice, but to turn the ball over so much is deflating to team, and more importantly ME it happened right in front me time and time again.

He must go!

His overall disposal efficiency is 74% compared to the teams 73%.

Liam is providing 6.9% of disposals by foot and 7.5% of clangers.

Should we hang a bloke that is our 2nd highest disposal accumulator and is providing over 7% of the entire teams disposal count because his clanger stat runs at a mere 2.16% over the median?

Are you under the delusion that we have 5 x Darren Jarmans running around in the VFL?

You are blowing this out of all reasonable proportion.

North average 45 clangers from 197 kicks = 22.84 % clangers per overall disposals.

Liam averages 3.4 clangers from 13.6 kicks = 25% clangers per overall disposals.

I am more than happy to grant an extra 2.16% clangers per disposal for every footballer in the team that can average 27.1 disposals a game.

This bullshit is now officially dead and buried.

The only thing keeping him in the side is his possession count. He is one of the best accumulators we have in the team.

There is almost nothing else to his game that is noteworthy.

He actually had one of his better games on the weekend, but it was still littered with moments where he turned the ball over kicking to bad areas of the ground, refused to block or draw an opponent after hand balling, and in general refused to go when it was his turn.

You could almost say his game in a nutshell reflects the current style we are serving up.

Thats a really good point Husk.

Who knows, maybe Scott's insistence on playing these type of players might being about his own demise if he doesn't wake up soon.

North average 45 clangers from 197 kicks = 22.84 % clangers per overall disposals.

Liam averages 3.4 clangers from 13.6 kicks = 25% clangers per overall disposals.

I am more than happy to grant an extra 2.16% clangers per disposal for every footballer in the team that can average 27.1 disposals a game.

Lol apart from the fact he gets it on the outside more than any other player on the list.

Maybe we go back to basics and isolate Drew in the forward line. LT follows Drew everywhere. Get Azza to hit up off one forward line and Milky the other.

I havent said it earlier but something doesnt seem right when your best forward isnt kicking goals and is used as a decoy for opposition backmen....and yes I know we beat the Cats but cant help but feel Drews value as a forward is undermined when he is asked to negate someone like a Harry Taylor.

I hope you are right, he can find the ball and I have no issue with him running outside the play, as long as he can deliver the ball

I hope you are right, he can find the ball and I have no issue with him running outside the play, as long as he can deliver the ball

He could improve but he is not a problem, he is an asset.

If every midfielder in our side averaged 27.1 disposals we would have racked up another 34.8 disposals per match.

It would be the disposal equivalent of adding Dane Swan to our midfield at the expense of a sub player.

Liam has been good, Liam can be better and Liam is not in any way a problem.

The 22 players that went out on Sunday as a collective let themselves down and all involved with the club, to go out and to continue to single out one player is so wrong that it borders on to be embarrassing. I understand the frustration folks but he plays for our club his attitude is positive and as long as he works on parts of his game that needs work and goes forward I support the lad. Maybe some of you should do the same. This is LT 2011 all over again. LT still has a long way to go, with his yips but FWIW Franklin kicked 3.7 against Melbourne.

As I said embarrassing !!

The 22 players that went out on Sunday as a collective let themselves down and all involved with the club, to go out and to continue to single out one player is so wrong that it borders on to be embarrassing. I understand the frustration folks but he plays for our club his attitude is positive and as long as he works on parts of his game that needs work and goes forward I support the lad. Maybe some of you should do the same. This is LT 2011 all over again. LT still has a long way to go, with his yips but FWIW Franklin kicked 3.7 against Melbourne.

As I said embarrassing !!

It's not only the supporters it's Paul Roos and Gerard Healy and alot of other media that have noticed. We want a premiership not a team that has someone that averages 27 disposals and is good DT value. It would be different if he was 19 years old. He's nearly 25 and needs to be more of a leader to the 20, 21 year olds cunnington, Bastinac, Ziebell, Wright, Harper, Macmillan and Mackenzie otherwise we are going no where fast. Leadership is poor at North Melbourne and has been for 12 years. Im not blaming this on our captains either. Swallow is a gem and what we resemble, but im more talking about the 5-7 possibly selfish players/people under him.

Honestly, with us playing Port this week, with basically our season on the line, apart from Scott already hinting towards it, surely there are huge changes.

If blokes like Warren or Sirra don't get a game this week, they never will!@

The Club can't just accept the effort against the Bullies. Don't think there will be more than 3 changes but I will be very interested in the announced team on Thursday. Hmac should be rested as I can't see the value in rushing him back.

It's not only the supporters it's Paul Roos and Gerard Healy and alot of other media that have noticed. We want a premiership not a team that has someone that averages 27 disposals and is good DT value. It would be different if he was 19 years old. He's nearly 25 and needs to be more of a leader to the 20, 21 year olds cunnington, Bastinac, Ziebell, Wright, Harper, Macmillan and Mackenzie otherwise we are going no where fast. Leadership is poor at North Melbourne and has been for 12 years. Im not blaming this on our captains either. Swallow is a gem and what we resemble, but im more talking about the 5-7 possibly selfish players/people under him.

Who give a schit what these two think?? YOU??
They've been bashing our team for years.....2 swan flogs from day zip. Healy led the campaign with LT last year but schit LT is doing an ok job now?? These 2 ROO-BOY hate, absolutely hate us and saying anything positive about our club makes them sick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes Vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back