Changes Vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Paul Roos does for sure, but im not so shore about Healy. Paul Roos was a successful coach though so I do take notice of what he says now and then unfortunately. Even though I don't want to hear it I think we need to. BS will get cooked tomorrow night and he probably deserves it. St Kilda winning really makes everything much much worse.

A few points to note:
1. Everyone calling for Lachie to play will be the first to bag him if he doesnt perform from the get go, same with Milky.
2. If LA is a squib at least he stays on his feet as most of our other mids keep slipping over all the time, that is a sign of laziness as they dont need to butter up for the chase..
3. That effort by Patch in the last quarter when he put one hand out to mark instead of pushing harder for the chest mark was abysmal, would have been an easy goal.
4. Agree with most of the ins but would have Edwards/Warren lead up the ground to the wings, Lachie at CHF, and Dish deep in the square
5. We are obviously missing forward pressure, maybe Matty Campbell needs another chance to prove his worth-cant be worse than Harper/Jmac on yesterdays form.

LOL! He doesn't go to ground because you would actually need to contest the ball for that to happen.

Chase, do you call plodding along like a tortoise chasing.

The only thing this guy is good at is finding space (I'm sure the opposition actually let him) and butchering the ball.

North average 45 clangers from 197 kicks = 22.84 % clangers per overall disposals.

Liam averages 3.4 clangers from 13.6 kicks = 25% clangers per overall disposals.

I am more than happy to grant an extra 2.16% clangers per disposal for every footballer in the team that can average 27.1 disposals a game.

This bullshit is now officially dead and buried.

Thanks for proving the point that a bloke that generally gets the ball in space and under no pressure has a higher clanger count than most:thumbsu:

Just got to laugh at the ignorance on this board. 17 other coaches ar instructing their players to leave this spud alone and put defensive pressure on another player beacuse they know he will most likely cough it up.

As for his tackling and chasing do I need to even go there?

He could improve but he is not a problem, he is an asset.

If every midfielder in our side averaged 27.1 disposals we would have racked up another 34.8 disposals per match.

It would be the disposal equivalent of adding Dane Swan to our midfield at the expense of a sub player.

Liam has been good, Liam can be better and Liam is not in any way a problem.

You just don't get it do you?

If a player that could actually use the ball was getting it 27 times you can bet your bottom dollar the opposition would be putting some work him to him.

This list clogger is getting it 27 times and players don't even bother to shut him down becuase they know he is good for a turnover or at best putting his teamate under pressure.

Pull out all the stats you want, it won't prove anything other than we have a soft turnover merchant.

I depends on how much personal emotional investment you have in this ridiculous issue.

You would probably be better served questioning the color of his eyes, or his brand of footy boots or some other absurd shit.

If you think Liams output is a major problem with our current output then you are completely blind to a plethora of more pressing issues.

You just don't get it do you?.

I do.

You appear to have some sort of self loathing repressed homosexual issues in relation to Liam.

I suggest you see a shrink.

I do.

You appear to have some sort of self loathing homophobic/repressed homosexual issues in relation to Liam.

I suggest you see a shrink.

LOL! Homophobic?!?!?! Get a life champ, happy for you to question what I have said on football, but keep the rest of it to yourself.

This club is going nowhere while we continue to play guys that continually shirk contests.

In fact like most people you could turn a blind eye to the shirking if he had some redeemable feature like elite pace or footskills.

Most "changes" threads are a shyte read.

This one takes the cake.

Yep. My view is that the venting after the game is fine.
But it seems the reasonable discussion didnt even eventuate this week.
Thread was shit, shitty shit shit!

Yep. My view is that the venting after the game is fine.
But it seems the reasonable discussion didnt even eventuate this week.
Thread was shit, shitty shit shit!

Imagine if we had BF back when we were smashed by the Crows in the NAB Cup by 20 goals, which led to Schimma's demise as coach? :eek:

Imagine if we had BF back when we were smashed by the Crows in the NAB Cup by 20 goals, which led to Schimma's demise as coach? :eek:

I would hate to be a poster here.
And you would curse the day you became a mod.

Carey would be trade bait.
Wed be cursing the fact we didnt have Blighty.
Archer, Stevens, Sholl, Allison, Roberts are duds and not good enough.

Funny you mention that night too Ttoes. Little brother was watching the season that was video the other day from 93. I was infatuated with it as a kid as it was only source of north all the time before i knew how to record. Good viewing is that vid.

So where are we at present ?
1.Roosurgence and OS are going toe to toe with twinkletoes dipping his toe in to test the water.
2.Some of the joeys of the 90´s would never ended up premiership players if BF was around back then.
3.All players that were weak as piss last week=out........to be replaced with? (hmm have we that many players on the list)

I think these should be the changes
Injuries Hmac,Wright, Out C Delaney
Ins:Grima,McMahon and Pedo
Hollywood to be set on a strict diet of concrete in his cornflakes for breakfast.......!
Done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most "changes" threads are a shyte read.

This one takes the cake.

Our chances of making the 8 are pretty much shot. We are 3-4 with the draw from heaven, with the added bonus of Syd and WCE being undermanned.

Ben Cunnington, Shaun Atley and possibly Luke Delaney are the only players who have improved on our list.

You can have your "no change, we are flying" opinion, the majority disagree with you.

Our chances of making the 8 are pretty much shot. We are 3-4 with the draw from heaven, with the added bonus of Syd and WCE being undermanned.

Ben Cunnington, Shaun Atley and possibly Luke Delaney are the only players who have improved on our list.

You can have your "no change, we are flying" opinion, the majority disagree with you.

Silly response. Toes wasn't referring to suggested changes or the view that the team hasn't shown what was expected, but to the quality of the discussion. Don't know how anyone could disagree.

Btw Melbourne has an easier draw than us, and may well be 0-22 by the end. It's a dumb thing to talk about. So far we've lost one game we were generally expected to win. That may be costly, or it may not. It's an unusually even year with an unusual number of upsets so far and likely to continue. Nothing is shot unless the team believes it is.

Thanks for proving the point that a bloke that generally gets the ball in space and under no pressure has a higher clanger count than most:thumbsu:

Just got to laugh at the ignorance on this board. 17 other coaches ar instructing their players to leave this spud alone and put defensive pressure on another player beacuse they know he will most likely cough it up.

This is 150% correct...

Other team want this guy to have the ball....Just like they wanted Brady to have it...

Use your head McFly....!!!!!

but he got 27 touches....Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.....

I hope Mcintosh plays, one of the only players we have that gives it 100% every match. Love Goldy but gee his a lazy **** at the moment.

!!Here's my 2 cents worth on LA!!
I'd be happy if LA gets dropped or stays in, I'm not fussed.

1 change that better happen is Black has to come in.

This is 150% correct...

Other team want this guy to have the ball....Just like they wanted Brady to have it...

Use your head McFly....!!!!!

but he got 27 touches....Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.....
It's true.

Opposition coaches are generally happy to allow certain players to run free, especially those that have little to zero impact. After all, LA only has the second most inside 50's this year, has only kicked 5 goals and set up 4 and is going at the same disposal efficiency as Wells and Harvey. I'd let him run free too.

I mean really, looking at his output, how the hell is he still playing seniors or even on our list? That said, Wellsy should be dropped too as he has only one more tackle than Anthony this year, and everyone knows that Anthony doesn't tackle, so that must be 1 tackle for Wellsy.

It's true.

Opposition coaches are generally happy to allow certain players to run free, especially those that have little to zero impact. After all, LA only has the second most inside 50's this year, has only kicked 5 goals and set up 4 and is going at the same disposal efficiency as Wells and Harvey. I'd let him run free too.

I mean really, looking at his output, how the hell is he still playing seniors or even on our list? That said, Wellsy should be dropped too as he has only one more tackle than Anthony this year, and everyone knows that Anthony doesn't tackle, so that must be 1 tackle for Wellsy.

Wells and Harvey have been disappointing this year BTron other than one or two stand-out games.

I wouldn't justify anyone's performance based on that comparison. (but they have plenty of credits in the bank, have taggers most weeks, and Wells had a terrible pre-season.....)

Out: L. Delaney, J-Mac (needs a spell me thinks), Harper (same as J-Mac), Hamish.

In: Grima, Mullet, Greenwood, Pederson/Black.

Grima to come back, need someone capable of spoiling the ball, I was seriously about to cry after about the 20th time this season our defenders got out marked when sinking the fist into it was clearly the better option.

Mullett should never have been droped.

Need Greenwood back. Someone has to help Swallow and this blokes in good form. I hope Brad glues the CP stat to the lockers of numbers 7 + 8 too, because -54 is a bloody disgrace.

Would love to see Black get a crack but I think they will go with Pederson, would not be bothered etheir way.

Any news on Scotty Mcmahon?

Originally Posted by Hearts to hearts
Silly response. Toes wasn't referring to suggested changes or the view that the team hasn't shown what was expected, but to the quality of the discussion. Don't know how anyone could disagree.

Precisely! Thanks H to h. The convo had degenerated to name calling and "he's shit"/"no he isn't" arguments going back and forth.

I put myself through the ignominy of watching the replay last night, which I said I'd never watch. It's amazing how much clearer things are once the result is already known and performances can be scrutinised more methodically, minus the emotion.

I hope there are some VFL players training the house down this week determined to show the selectors they're ready for a crack in the 1's!

Out: L. Delaney, J-Mac (needs a spell me thinks), Harper (same as J-Mac), Hamish.

In: Grima, Mullet, Greenwood, Pederson/Black.

Grima to come back, need someone capable of spoiling the ball, I was seriously about to cry after about the 20th time this season our defenders got out marked when sinking the fist into it was clearly the better option.

Mullett should never have been droped.

Need Greenwood back. Someone has to help Swallow and this blokes in good form. I hope Brad glues the CP stat to the lockers of numbers 7 + 8 too, because -54 is a bloody disgrace.

Would love to see Black get a crack but I think they will go with Pederson, would not be bothered etheir way.

Any news on Scotty Mcmahon?

You lost me at drop L Delabey.

You lost me at drop L Delabey.

I'm happy to keep both of the Delaneys in the side for a run of games.

They have both shown enough. They certainly haven't been touched up and they still have plenty of improvement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes Vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back