Changes Vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Peter Jackson VFL
Frankston 3.2 4.3 6.5 9.7 (61)
Werribee Tigers 1.3 4.7 9.11 13.16 (94)

GOALS:
Frankston: Haretuku 3 Fox 2 Delahunty Miller Corp Kitchin
Werribee Tigers: Hansen 2 Pedersen 2 Purton-Smith 2 McKinley 2 Lynch Tuck Tarrant Castello Warren

BEST:
Frankston: Hockey Kitchin Miller Osborne Haretuku Fox
Werribee Tigers: Pedersen Greenwood Gibson Ross Tuck Kennedy

----
2012 Peter Jackson VFL
North Ballarat 4.4 11.10 13.10 21.13 (139)
Coburg Tigers 5.3 7.4 15.8 17.10 (112)

GOALS:
North Ballarat: McMahon 4 Black 4 George 3 Campbell 2 Greig Lynch Sewell Driscoll Urquhart Mabon Evans Austin
Coburg Tigers: Post 6 Connors 4 Arnot 2 Browne 2 Elton Webberley Maric

BEST:
North Ballarat: Sewell George Greig Mullett Couch Campbell
Coburg Tigers: Masters Post McErlain Browne White Wheeler

Sewell had 32 touches, leading ahead of George (29) and Mullet (28) as well as 17 handball receives, 6 clearances, 10 inside 50’s and a goal to boot. Hard bodied George impressed me today as he worked extremely hard. He had 11 handball receives, 6 clearances, 9 inside 50’s, 5 tackles and for probably the first time in his life, more frees for than against (3v2). Couch worked hard on the inside, amassing 24 disposals and 7 marks as well as 7 tackles and 6 inside 50’s, but it was his 9 clearances that made him stand out. Mabon had 19 hitouts in a very one-sided affair but all credit to him as he worked tirelessly around the field. He collected 10 kicks, all at 100% efficiency, 6 handballs and 9 disposals in total were contested. He also kicked a pivotal goal from about 40m slight angle in front to help seal the victory. Mullett impressed with his ball gathering, 5 coming from free kicks and he used them well sending the ball forward 7 times. Aaron Black kicked 4 goals in a good performance as did McMahon but it was the 12 goal-getters in total that helped North Ballarat achieve such a high scoring effort. Liam Hoy had a nice 8 spoils and commanded the backline well, Darmody also did well across the back as he collected 17 touches.
----

Make your calls

Yep I'll agree on that one:thumbsu:

But hey I keep reading on here how a bloke who had it 27 times and turned it over for most of those is a lock to stay in.

FFS I would rather him actually not get the pill.

Could not agree more. Is the first out. How he continues to get a game is beyond me. Kicked a good goal from the boundary but second one a complete fluke. He does my head in every week.

Ziebell 16 disposals, 44% efficiency (7 effective disposals)
Swallow 22 disposals, 55% efficiency (12 effective disposals)
Bastinac 20 disposals, 50% efficiency (10 effective disposals)
Adams 11 disposals, 82% efficiency (9 effective disposals)
Cunnington 11 disposals, 91% efficiency (10 effective disposals)
Wells 24 disposals, 71% efficiency (17 effective disposals)
Anthony 27 disposals, 70% efficiency (19 effective disposals)
Harvey 23 disposals, 74% efficiency (17 effective disposals)
Harper 8 disposals, 62% efficiency (5 effective disposals)

162 disposals (18 avg)
106 effective disposals (11.78 avg)
65.43% effective disposals

Not enough ball, not by a long shot, not clean enough with the ball use. Harvey was tagged and was still our most effective midfielder. If you take into consideration the carnage which is the stats the opposition had very few players in this group could stick their hand up and say they did enough to earn a spot next week.

We can't have 9 players being as effective as 4 or 5 of the opposition, we are not good enough to carry so many players.

Harper 8 disposals, 62% efficiency (5 effective disposals)

162 disposals (18 avg)
106 effective disposals (11.78 avg)
65.43% effective disposals

Not enough ball, not by a long shot, not clean enough with the ball use. Harvey was tagged and was still our most effective midfielder. If you take into consideration the carnage which is the stats the opposition had very few players in this group could stick their hand up and say they did enough to earn a spot next week.

We can't have 9 players being as effective as 4 or 5 of the opposition, we are not good enough to carry so many players.

The worst thing is that those stats are flattering because the hospital handball or floater on top of the guys head is not recorded as an ineffective disposal.

In - Mullett Gibson Campbell Kennedy - Time for some speed on the Big Port Oval
Out Hamish INJ , Wright INJ, MacMillan , Thomas

JMac needs a spell.
Goldy needs a spell but will be saved if Hamish is out.
Spud could do with a spell but won't be dropped.
One of the mids should be dropped for someone in form.
Pedo needs to be in next week.
Lachie should be considered if form warrants.

I'd make three changes based on the above. Anything less could be seen as accepting mediocrity.

The two ruck combo is not working as our forward line is not functioning. I don't see Goldy making it as a forward. I'd rather pick one of H/Goldy and Pedo to pinch hit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was disappointing was that with the exception of Spitta our experienced midfielders looked listless today. I don't expect the likes of Harvey, Wells, Ziebel and Adams to be dropped but they were ****ing woeful today.

I'd call Ziebell out before LA. Call him soft, call him a squib but I'll call him one of the few that put their hand up today.

And this is the problem with the culture of our footy club at the moment, softness, squibbing and getting the easy posession is called putting your hand up.

There are plenty of soft players in the AFL, but generally they have pace or elite footskills.

LA has no heart, no pace and no skill.

Harper 8 disposals, 62% efficiency (5 effective

To me, the most compelling out of those are our 3 main mids, spitta, basti and JZ......pretty much they get it, with a 50% chance of keeping it, or they don't get it. Does that give us 3 to 1 odds against getting Or keeping the ball?:p
Stats are pretty misleading. Boomer should be embarrassed today.
Harper got more p's as the sub didn't he?

Don't know what to suggest. Apart from Thommo, Swallow and probably Car Keys, everyone deserves a rest in the twos after that - but I'm mainly cross out of disappointment because most of them can and usually do play so much better, which makes me loathe to leave them out. I will be interested to see selection this week after hearing Scott say they don't do ins and outs, they look at the opponent and build the team from a blank sheet of paper each week.

One thing that perplexes me is that while we have our full list bar mcmahon, we still dont play our full strength side. Grima and Hansen should be in, they are consistently playing in the vfl. They are the spine of our backline. Greenwood as well has been one of our most important players the last 2 years yet doesnt get a go even though hes a bloody good tagger.

I normally steer clear of these for a couple of days, but its pretty clear to me the side needs toughening up.

I would definitely bring in Greenwood and Gibson. Wright is struggling and Harper just does not do enough over 4 quarters.

Also WTF is up with Adams this year. Seems to have regressed and his kicking for goal is almost as bad as Thomas.

Ins: Greenwood, Gibson, Warren

Outs: Whoever

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes Vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back