Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

so Watson only got 1 chance do u think he will get another go.And will they bring in Trotter and Schwarze or is it just to let them know they are close.

Its great to see these young guys puttin pressure on the other guys.Hope to see 1 of the new guys get a game.Spewin have to work the whole w/e but will get replay durin the week.We will thump the hawks.

Thanks Scotty, nice change to get them early.

Wow. I guess they'll wait to see for sure who is fit to play - great to give Schwarze the encouragement of being next cab off, whether he makes the 22 this week or not.

Can't believe we'd get both Trotter and Schwarze in new, but equally don't think they'd name both and play neither. If Sinclair and Wells do play I'd tip Schwarze to miss this time and Pratt to go out - although... not that this board is often right, but a chance we'll see Stevens get a rest this week?

Doesn't look too good for Ash Watson, does it - emergency player only and out once the emergecy is over, not given a Harding chance to prove himself.

ROO BOY IN W.A said:
so Watson only got 1 chance do u think he will get another go.

I find this one really hard to read. Did Laidley give Watson a taste just to give him some extra motivation or as a reward for his work? If so, then as long as Watson performs with Port Melbourne, he'll get another chance. But was it a case to see if he could cut it at AFL level? If this was Laidley's thinking (and he took that approach with David Bourke), then Watson is finished.

With Watson having been named on the emergency bench so often, my head says that it's the former. But for whatever reason, my gut instinct says it's the latter.

ROO BOY IN W.A. said:
And will they bring in Trotter and Schwarze or is it just to let them know they are close.

I reckon it's to let them know that they are close to senior selection.

I reckon Trotter, Sanbury, Makepeace, Pratt.

I feel for Watson, on and off the bench against the best side in the comp and then axed.
I really believe 2 more games would have been fairer. He worked hard to get in, did his job at Port, he would be shattered I would think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not gonna comment on Watson, except to say that the bloke must be shattered. Doesn't get a sniff, gets 30 mins against the biggest and best mids in the comp then gets arsed.

Trotter to play in front of Picione if they are fair dinkum. Persisting with mediocrity just because he is 25 is rubbish. What exactly is the point of his selection? Good bye.

ThommoRoo23 said:
No way should Pratt be in the team after last week. He just wont man up and wont play body on body, far too loose IMO.

He was playing on Matera when he took the mark in the last qtr. He was actually standing on the side of the back and Matera was at the back of the back, goal side. So not only did he not have body contact to stop the mark, he allowed to be free goal side. If the ball had gone off hand to the back of the pack he had a certain goal.

That said, he is improving and plays hard. I'd keep in for a little longer.

wow know that is huge news, if they are set to play. that means stevens, picioni, pratt and watson out. Well i guess it makes sense, they havent given the team an improvement so try and find out which players will.

scottywiper said:
Further news:
Word is that both Trotter and Schwarze are set to play. :)

Cool. Would be good to see Schwarze in the big league. Not convinced, but he has all the physical tools.

Get along on Sunday and watch a future champion play his first game. No 13 is the sh1t.

Yay!! :)
Schwarze is a Chance to Play
Been hoping he'd get a Game for ages
Good Luck to both Schwarze And Trotter :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back